nineteen

✧˖*°࿐ IM TOO PHASED, ITS TOO LATE
chase atlantic

Aven hummed, pushing her hair behind her ears as she scanned the trays of food, sucking her teeth in debate.

"Well, don't you look pretty." Zoey grabbed Avens shoulder gently. "If I were Jack, I wouldn't know how to act."

Aven blushed, shaking her head. "I didn't know I worked with Dr.Seuss."

"In the flesh." Zoey nodded with a shrug, grabbing a piece of warm bread from the bowl. "I am starving."

"I can tell." Aven scrunched her nose watching the girl scarf down the buttered bread, grabbing herself chicken tenders as she walked with Zoey.

Zoey glanced down at her plate with a small snort. "What are you...twelve?"

"Get away." Aven narrowed her eyes with a headshake. "Why don't you eye fuck Nico some more?"

Zoey's lips parted, glancing around in shock as she grabbed the blondes arm. "Aven. Shut up." She gritted through her teeth. "You can't blame me for thinking he's hot."

"He is a cutie." Aven pursued her lips, sitting between Zoey and Jack.

"Who?" Jack cocked a brow, looking between the two.

Zoey crossed her arms, shooting her daggers. "Definitely not you."

Aven chuckled as she sipped the ice water. "Zoey, nice. I'll tell you later."

Chris stood, banging his silverware on his wine glass, grabbing the attention of everyone in the room. "Thank you. I know this isn't traditional Thanksgiving and we wish we could be with our loved ones but we are still a family. Speaking for all of us, i'm thankful to be a Devil! Happy Thanksgiving."

"Happy Thanksgiving!" The room said in sync, hitting their drinks together.

"I know what i'm thankful for." Jack muttered, leaning back in his chair as his hand came to grasp hers beneath the table.

Aven smiled softly as her thumb rubbed his knuckles. "I do too."

"Oh, you guys just melt my heart." Dawson pouted, sitting across from them as he turned to Nico, the two placing their hands over their hearts.

Aven formed her lips into a flat line. "Are you guys jealous or what?"

"Jealous?" Dawson raised his brows. "Fuck, yeah. Who wouldn't want Jack Hughes? Oh, number eighty six." Dawson threw his head back, the table laughing.

Jack shook his head with a nervous laugh. "Stop it. Don't make me come over there, Daws."

"I mean, if you insist." Dawson puckered his lips, locking eyes with Aven as he watched her face scrunch up.

"Is this cheating?" Aven glanced around, Jack squeezing her hand.

Jack shook his head. "I would never. I told you i'm a gentleman."

Aven rolled her eyes, swatting him off. "It's fine...I'll just make out with Zoey. Right now?" She cocked a brow at the brunette.

Zoey sucked her teeth, grabbing the girls jaw.

Jack was quick to lift his hand, jerking Aven back so she met his chest, the table erupting with laughter as Zoey shrugged.

"Easy." Zoey lifted her hand. "Down boy."

"Stop trying to steal my girl." Jack shot back. "Unless, you want me to expose you in front of everyone."

Zoey's face paled, her eyes dropping down to Aven who has guilt written over her features. "You told him? Aven!"

"I'm sorry!" Aven apologized, sitting up as she grabbed her hand. "He bugged me and it just slipped. Trust me, he knows how to keep a secret."

Jack nodded proudly. "Your secret is safe with me."

Zoey groaned, shaking her head as she glanced at Nico, watching him stare at Dawsons phone, the two cackling.

"And what's going on over here?" Chris's voice made Aven jump, the cold touch of Jacks hand made her flinch as she grabbed it tightly.

"Hey, Coach." Jesper nodded with a laugh. "I can't believe you sat me here with these idiots."

Aven cocked a brow at the blonde, her lips parting. "I'm offended. You're not my favorite anymore."

"Was I ever? I'm pretty sure..." Jesper began, hissing in pain as Dawson slapped him on the back, the brunette playing it off.

"Oh, Jesper." Dawson laughed, massaging the back of his neck with wide eyes. "This guy, man. He loves I promise."

Aven bit her bottom lip, shaking her head. "The bromance is real."

"I'm happy to see you getting along with everyone." Chris smiled softly, glancing at each person seated before him. "And following my rule."

Aven laughed awkwardly, Jacks grip on her knee tightening as he forced a smile. "Of course! Whatever you say...goes."

Jacks face fell as her father walked off, he slouched back into his chair, a pout on his lips as he retracted his hand back into his lap.

cockblocker.