twenty

✧˖*°࿐ AS THE WORLD CAVES IN
sarah cothran (cover)

"Jack, what's wrong?" Aven asked, taking out her gold earrings as she stared at him.

He sat against the head board, staring at the blanket adoring his body with his arms crossed over his chest. "Hm?"

"Something wrong. I can tell." Aven sighed, his sweatshirt swallowing her upper half as she crawled beside him, her knees to her chin. "Talk to me."

Jack breathed deeply, locking eyes with her. "Why can't we just tell him?"

"What? Aven furrowed her brows, confused. "Tell who? Tell what?"

"Your dad." Jack rubbed his chin. "About us. I don't want to hide it anymore. I wanna be able to be with my girlfriend."

Avens face fell, her eyes falling to her socks. "Jack..."

"I mean, he'll understand." Jack cut her off, shaking his head. "He likes me. He's has to know something up at least. We're together all the time."

Aven pushed her hair from her face. "I don't know. He's like a clueless when it comes to that."

"Do you want to?" Jack asked, staring at her intently.

Aven kept her eyes locked on the fleece on her socks, a strong grip on her chin had her eyes meeting his. "Do I want to what?"

"Tell him." Jack swallowed, dropping his hand to his lap.

"Will you do it with me?" Aven asked, more pleaded. "You're right. He'll understand. He'll have no other choice."

Jack smiled slightly. "I just wanna be with you, Aven. I'm sick of not being able to hold your hand when I want or kiss you after a bad game."

Aven leaned forward, kissing his lips softly before sitting back. "Me too, Jack. I'm just scared that he'll flip."

"Don't be." Jack shook his hand, dragging his hand up and down her arm in a comforting motion. "It doesn't matter what he says. I'm not going anywhere."

Aven nodded as he shut off the lamp, the blonde joining him beneath the covers as she pressed her back to his front, his hand drawing circles on her wrist.

"I've never met anyone like you, Av." Jack muttered. "I don't see myself with anyone else. You're it."

Her cheeks blushed a red as she nodded into the pillow, reaching a hand back to hold his face. "We're in the same boat here, Hughes."

"Are we?" He asked, his hesitation made her flip over this face him.

"Yes." Aven caressed his cheek. "I knew from the moment I met you that I wanted to be with you."

Jack chuckled, tucking her loose strands of hair behind her ears. "Is that why you wouldn't even look at me on stage?"

"I had to play hard to get." Aven scoffed. "I couldn't be like every other girl and throw myself at you."

"You think that girls throw themselves at me?" Jack scrunched his face together.

Aven pushed her bottom lip out. "Don't play stupid. I know you hear them screaming bloody murder when you touch the ice. Should we go through your dms?"

Jack laughed, rubbing his eyes. "Go ahead. I don't need them when I have you. Even if it does boost my ego."

"I'm sure it does." Aven rolled her eyes, pulling him closer as she pressed the side of her head to his chest, feeling the mellow beat against her temple.

Jack smoothed her hair as he held her head. "Sweet dreams."

Aven chuckled, a hand around his waist. "Sweet dreams, Hughesy."

short one bc the next on
is JUICY.