forty-one

✧˖*°࿐ YOUR LOVE IS THERAPY
the neighbourhood

With sweat drenching her forehead, she kept her blonde hair pushed back, walking into the locker room as she squirted water into her mouth.

"That was a great first game, ladies." Jenna smiled proudly, nodding to herself.

Aven earned slaps on the back from her teammates as she had scored her first two goals, walking back to her dorm accompanied by Bella.

"You're so good." Bella squeezed her arm.

Aven chuckled, zippering up the sweater that adorned her pale skin. "Thank you, Bells."

The two arrived to the dorm, Aven sliding her key towards it as it flashed green.

"Hey, I'm gonna go grab Lily, she's down the hall." Bella scrunched her nose up, winking as she hurried away.

Aven twisted her face up with a shrug as she walked into room. Aven dropped her keys, holding a hand to her heart.

"Hi, baby." He smiled, holding a bouquet of roses as his taller frame stood in front of her.

"Jack?" Aven breathed, flickering her eyes between the flowers and the brunette boy. "What are you doing here? I thought...I thought you couldn't get in."

Jack shrugged. "I pulled a few strings. You really thought I'd miss your first game?"

"I'm happy you're here." She beamed, taking the flowers as he held them out for her. He grabbed her tightly, feeling her squirm. "Stop. I'm sweaty and gross. I need a shower."

"I don't care." Jake rolled his eyes, cupping her cheeks as he kissed her softly. "I missed you."

Aven pushed her bottom lip out with a chuckle. "I saw you last week."

"Almost two weeks actually." Jack corrected with furrowed brows. "Go shower. I'll be waiting."

Aven pecked his cheek, rushing quickly to get cleaned up as she changed into a sweatshirt of Jacks and shorts, joining him back in the dorm as he sat on her bed.

"Where's Bella and Lily?" Aven hummed, a towel wrapped up on the top of her head, her hair drying.

"Out." Jack glanced at her. "Bella is bribed so easily."

Aven scoffed, crawling on her knees to meet his side. "Do I even wanna know what you bribed her with? Or who?"

"Dawsons phone number." Jack said proudly. "She's never said yes so quick in her life."

"Oh, God." Aven rolled her eyes with a chuckle. "Of course it was Dawson. She talks about him non stop."

He cocked a brow, running a hand over her bare legs. "Really?"

"Yep." Aven nodded, rubbing her fingers along his red knuckles. "So, how's hockey going?"

"Good." Jack smiled slightly. "I really wish you were there all the time. I miss it. A lot."

Aven frowned deeply, bringing a hand to push his brunette strands from his face. "Me too. I'm sorry, Jack."

"For what?" Jack asked, looking to her with concern.

"It was my idea." Aven swallowed. "It was my idea to tell him. It's my fault we broke up."

Jack was quick to place his hands on her face, sitting up to match her height. "None of this was your fault, Aves. You did the right thing. It was a decision made by both of us."

Aven held his wrist, nodding. "Why did you break up with me?"

"What?" Jack said with hushed tones, taken aback by her sudden question. "I didn't want to, Aven. When he told me that I was gonna get put on the trade list, I...I just knew it would hurt less if we weren't together."

Aven nodded slowly. "Yeah, I understand."

"Hey. The last thing I wanted to do was loose you. As soon as you said you were going to Michigan, I knew Luke was." Jack admitted. "I knew I was bound to see you as some point."

Aven smiled, bringing her thumb to his cheek as she swiped her finger over his freckles. "Glad to know you planned on stalking me."

"I have eyes everywhere." Jack warned, the two laughing lowly. "Seriously, Luke has the biggest mouth."

"You think I have noticed?" Aven clicked her tongue, bringing herself down to lay against his chest, hearing his heartbeat in her ear.

Jack brought his hand to tuck her hair behind her ear. leaning to shut the light off as he flipped them over, their legs tangling.

"I'm so happy you're here." Aven muttered, moving closer as they were face to face.

"I'm so happy I'm here." Jack grinned, holding her waist, his fingers tracing small shapes along her skin. "And, now we'll spend another few days together."

Aven shook her head, getting chills from his soft touches. "Back to my roots."

"Yes ma'am." Jack leaned towards to kiss her lips, squeezing her tightly as she snuggled into the side of his neck.

Jack held his free hand along the back of her head, already feeling it tingle from her weight pressing on it and he didn't care.

Avens hold him began to fall loose, her body slowly drifting off to sleep in the comfort of his touch.

"I love you, Aven." Jack shut his eyes against the top of head, lifting the covers slightly over her.

"I love you, Jack." Aven purred.

little angels
40k 🩵
i love each & every single one of u.
ALSO "OH, LUKEY" - quinn hughes
like why r they the cutest brothers to exist
it hurts