thirty-nine

✧˖*°࿐ SOMETIMES WHEN I LOOK INTO YOUR EYES
I PRETEND THAT YOU'RE MINE,
ALL THE DAMN TIME.
taylor swift

Aven rubbed her eyes, squinting from the sun beaming through her blinds as she turned her head.

Jack faced her, an arm over her bare waist as he snored softly. She bit her bottom lip, replaying the night in her head.

The door opening had her lifting her head, holding the blankets tight to her body.

"Yeah, crazy." Luke's voice echoed as he led Bella in. "Actually, I haven't seen either of them."

He paused, his eyes going wide. The loudness of his voice woke up Jack, the brunette narrowing his eyes. "Jesus! Oh, my God. Okay, we're naked." Luke gagged. "They have no clothes on."

"Dude, shut the fuck up." Jack groaned in annoyance at his younger brother.

"Me? Aven, what the hell?" Luke said in shock. "Jack, you were just supposed to walk her home, not fuck her."

Avens face flushed red with embarrassment. "Luke, please. Get out."

"Yeah, let's leave the lovebirds." Bella flashed the two a smile, grabbing Luke's arm harshly as she dragged him out.

The door shut with a slam, Aven covering her face. "That's so embarrassing. I'm sorry."

"It's just Luke." Jack laughed with a head-shake. "He's a baby. Uh, about last night...you, like, remember everything, right?"

"Yes." Aven nodded, locking eyes with him. "I was basically sober."

Jack nodded with a closed lip smile. "Good. I don't want you to have any regret or, like, second thoughts."

"I don't." Aven brought a hand up to move his hair from his face. "None at all. I'm really happy you're here, Jack."

"Me too." Jack leaned up, planting a kiss on her cheek. "We should probably get dressed before Luke comes back in."

The two got dressed, cleaning themselves up as they began to walk to the Yost Arena together.

"So..." Jack began, his hands in the pocket of his jacket as they walked in sync.

"Yes?" Aven asked with a brow raise.

Jack darted his tongue out to lick his lips. "We're all good, right? I know there was tension between us since we...you know..but I miss you, Aves."

"I miss you, too." Aven smiled towards him. "But you're on a really good stretch of hockey and you should focus on that."

Jack furrowed his brows. "Oh. I just thought, uh, well I don't know."

"Hey." Aven stopped, him following her movements. "That doesn't mean I don't want to get back together. You still have a few more months. It's your year, Hughes. You should focus on that."

"Yeah." Jack nodded as he started walking again. "Will you at least visit me? Like, come to one of our games."

Aven smiled softly as he held the door for her. "Of course I will. Only to see Nico though. I miss him."

Jack rolled his eyes. "Yeah, sure. Quinn really likes you."

"I really like Quinn." Aven nudged him. "You just fall into the last ranking of your brothers. Quinn and Luke are tied for first."

"Excuse me?" Jack cocked his head to the side. "Now I'm offended. Try living with them, alright? It's, like, complete hell."

Aven chuckled, biting her lip. "Well, I sorta lived with you in hotel rooms. It can't be much worse than that."

"Yeah, scratch getting back together." Jack laughed, leading the two to their seats, right beside the Wolverine's bench.

Aven shrugged off her coat, moving her hair from her face as she glanced at Jack, watching him stare around the rink. "Have you been here before?"

"Yeah." Jack nodded. "Quinn used to play here, well, he went to school here. He's part of the reason Luke wanted to play here."

"Ah." Aven hummed. "So, what? You're just to good you had to go straight to the NHL?"

Jack cracked a grin, shaking his head at the girl. "You're full of jokes today, huh? Hey, it gives me bragging rights."

"I'm sure." Aven snickered. "Do you think Luke will? You know, make it to the NHL?"

"Yes." Jack nodded, watching his brother skate around the rink for warmups. "He's really good. In the summer, he works his ass off. Any team would be lucky to get him."

Aven pressed her lips together. "I hope he plays for us. He's really starting to grow on me. Plus, the Hughes duo in action."

"We'd be killer." Jack nodded with a brow raise, lifting his hand towards the curly headed boy as stuck his tongue out at the pair. "He's still an ass."

"Must run in the family." Aven shot back with a pout. "Except, Ellen. And Jim. Maybe Quinn."

Jack scrunched his face up. "Quinn is a brat. He literally ignores me when I try to talk to him. He says he has his phone on dnd but I watch him swipe everything up."

"God, he's a genius." Aven applauded the boys brother. "Quinn is easily my favorite now. Decision secured."

"As much as I love hearing you talk, the games staring." Jack clicked his tongue as the lights began to dim, the playing of the national anthem blaring through the speakers.

Aven grinned, glancing over at Jack as she watched him run his eyes over the ice, his pinky finger rubbing against hers as he interlocked them.

But does the heart always want what it wants?

have yall ever seen that video of quinn
and that little boy and the boy is showing him
that picture of him and saying "it's u it's u"
and quinn is just like 😐
cause he's so fucking real