eight

✧˖*°࿐ SOMETIMES ALL I THINK ABOUT IS YOU
glass animals

"Washington is in two days." Ruff rubbed his chin, staring at his team. "We still have a lot more to work on considering our seasons look the same. We're on a two game winning streak...let's not break that, huh?"

Everyone applauded with confidence. Aven raised her brows at Jack before heading up to her office, kissing her father's cheek.

She left the door inched open, hearing it shut softly as Jack sat beside her. She turned her head towards him with a soft smile.

"So, this is our hangout spot now?" Jack hummed, glancing around with a chuckle.

"Jack, if you want this to happen." She gestured between them. "We need to be secretive. I'm not putting either of us on the line."

He nodded understandingly, stretching an arm on the back of her chair. "What are you thinking about this game versus the Capitals?"

Aven shrugged. "Looking at their statics, I think it's gonna be a close game. We just need to try."

"Yeah." He smiled. "Not looking forwards to this two games in a row thing."

"You're in the big league now, Jack." Aven raised her brows, hearing him chuckle before bringing his lips to her cheek.

Aven glanced around the bus, Jacks hand resting on her thigh. She rubbed his thumb along her leg, playing on his phone.

She kept her hand resting on his, sitting closer to the window as she kept an eye out for wandering eyes.

"Hi!" Zoey perked up, sitting beside Jack. Aven sliding his hand off her skin.

He frowned slightly, nodding at Zoey. "Hey."

Aven crossed her legs, smiling softly at Zoey. "Hi, Zoe."

"Why are you guys sitting back here?" She asked, scooting closer to Jack. He shifted, clearing his throat.

"Uh, I don't know." Aven shrugged, playing it off. "There's not many people back here so it's easier to hear each other."

Zoey hummed with a nod. "Oh, cool. Aven were you feeling okay after team dinner? You seemed flushed."

Aven rolled her bottom lip into her mouth, avoiding Jacks gaze. "Yeah. The food must've bothered my stomach or something."

Zoey forced a smile, looking between the two. "Am I, like, cockblocking you guys."

"Uh..." Jack scratched the back of his neck.

"No." Aven cut him off, elbowing him slightly. "Not at all."

The dark haired girl chuckled. "Okay. Coach Chris wanted me to get to know the players better. Kept insisting on Jack..."

Aven swallowed, looking down at her hands, knowing the reason. "Really?"

"Yeah." She chewed on her lip. "Not sure why."

"No clue." Aven glanced out of the window, seeing the silhouette of her reflection as she breathed deeply.

Jack watched her body language, her weight shifting further from him. "Hey, Zoe, uh, I think Nico wanted to look at the pictures from the game."

"Oh, seriously?" She asked, glancing at the back of his head further up. He nodded hurriedly. "Thanks, Jack."

Once she slipped from the seat, Jack placed a hand on her stomach, forcing her closer to him. She met his eyes, her eyes dull.

"Jack." She shook her head. "He's gonna catch on. He's already gunning it out for us. We should just stop."

"No." Jack argued. "No, let him try and set me up with Zoey. That doesn't matter to me cause I know what I want."

Aven felt her lips curl as she hooked his pinky with hers, humming with a nod. "You're right. We just need to be careful, Jack. I don't want either of us getting consequences thrown at us."

"We won't." Jack smiled. "I'm great at keeping secrets."

another devils loss today
but at least my man looked good