ten

✧˖*°࿐ THERES A MILLION LITTLE REASONS
FOR WHY I WANT YOU HERE
oscar lang

Aven held the two cups of coffees, handing one to Jack as he patted her on her back gently, stepping into the elevator.

"You look pretty." Jack complimented, watching her cheeks turn light pink.

The brown sweater dress fell loosely, beige knee high boots with her hair still in a braid, slicked back with hairspray.

"Thank you." She grabbed his chin, pecking his lips as he pushed himself into her, yearning for more. She laughed, shaking her head as the elevator doors opened.

She and Jack walked through the lobby, seeing the team scattered throughout, waiting for the bus. Jack squeezed her hand before slipping off to speak with his teammates.

"Morning." Chris walked over, smiling softly at his daughter.

She returned the smile, bringing the coffee to her lips.

"Where were you last night?" Her father asked with furrowed brows.

The coffee dribbled on her chin as she nearly spat out the caffeine. She chuckled, wiping it. "What?"

"I went to your room last night to ask you about the game but no answer." Chris kept the stern look on his face.

"I was probably in the shower." Aven shrugged. "Or sleeping. I was really tired last night."

Chris nodded with a hum. "With Jack?"

"What?" Avens eyes widened, her heart beating faster.

"Did you go over the plays with Jack?" Chris chuckled, scrunching his face up in confusion at her reaction. "You alright?"

Aven parted her lips, shaking her head. "Yeah, I'm fine. We went over them this morning."

"Bus is here!" Nico whooped, everyone loading onto the bus. Jack stood off to the side, waiting for Aven as they hurried on.

Aven sat on the outside, Jack on the inside. He stared at her side profile, bringing his finger to trace the upturn of her nose.

She swatted him off with a shy giggle. "Stop."

"Why." He cocked a brow, flickering his eyes to Chris at the front of the bus. "He's all the way up there."

"There's people around." Aven shook her head. "Big mouths."

Jack rolled his eyes, crossing his arms.

Aven bit her bottom lip, turning to the side to see Nico talking to Dawson, so wrapped up in their conversation to even looked somewhere else.

She leaned in quickly to kiss his lips, his delayed reaction had him kissing the side of her mouth.

"Aw, Av. I wasn't ready." Jack scoffed, throwing his hands up.

"Maybe have better reflexes." Aven shrugged, pouting her bottom lip as the tires squeaked, the familiar arena just outside.

The Devils walked off the bus, confident strides as they dropped their things in the locker room, leaving minutes to spare as they changed, skating onto the ice for practice.