eighteen

✧˖*°࿐ EVERYBODY HERE WANTS YOU
the weekend

"Happy Thanksgiving!" Ruff smiled softly at Aven as the door to her office was open, she glanced up at the older man with a smile.

"Hey! Happy Thanksgiving, Lindy." She laughed softly, glancing back down to her paperwork.

A soft knock on her door had her lifting her head up, a smile planted on her lips expecting to see Jack in the doorway.

"Oh, hey." Aven greeted the brunette, setting her pen down. "Is everything alright, Cole?"

"Yes." He nodded. "Are you busy?"

Aven parted her lips before shaking her head. "No, no. You can come in."

Cole walked in, sitting in the rolling chair across from her as he cleared his throat, fiddling with the ends of his suit jacket. "This might be inappropriate considering we're supposed to be coworkers...but I was just wondering if you wanted to get coffee on Tuesday. Maybe after practice?"

Avens expression dulled, her brows coming together as was taken back by his sudden request. "Uh, like...a date?"

Cole nodded shyly.

"Oh, I, um, Cole..." Aven began, watching his face twist with embarrassment.

"We have film after practice." Jacks voice suddenly echoed as he stepped in the room, arms crossed over his chest as he shot daggers at Cole. "She's busy. Aven, a moment?"

Cole swallowed, glancing back at the blonde. "Yeah, sorry. See you guys tomorrow." He was quick to rush out of the room, the door shutting behind him with a twist of the lock.

Aven sighed, her eyes watching Jack walk over to her. She picked up the folder in her hands, only for it to be shoved back down on the table. "Jack."

"Were you gonna tell him the real reason? If I hadn't walked in, would you tell him?" Jack asked, a stern look on his features as he flicked his eyes between hers.

"Jack." Aven clicked her tongue, her head tilting up as he towered over her. "I-I don't know."

Jack scoffed with a headshake, standing straight. "So, are we, like, single to certain people?"

"Jack, stop." Aven stood, the seat rolling out from behind her. "I would've told him I was with someone." She walked over to him. "I don't even know him. What if he tells my dad?"

"Do you really wanna be with me?" Jack asked with furrowed brows.

Aven shook her head in confusion. "Of course I do. That's a stupid question. You have to understand why we need to be cautious. Your career just started with us, I don't wanna be the reason you're traded."

Jack exhaled, taking her hand in his. "I'm sorry. I know."

She grabbed his cheek, rubbing her thumb along his bone as she smiled softly. "I'm not going anywhere."

Jack nodded, grabbing her jaw as he connected their lips. Aven placed her hands on his chest, feeling the cotton material on her skin. She gasped into his lips as she was lifted into the air, planted on the table.

Jack kissed his jaw, a laugh leaving her mouth as she shoved him off. "Don't even think about it."

He rolled his eyes, instead kissing her collarbone gently before reconnecting their lips, his hand coming up to grab her throat, a hum leaving her lips as she wrapped her legs around his waist.

"Aven!" Harsh knocks made them jump, Jack pulling away from her as her legs dangled. "It's your father."

"Fuck." Jack mouthed, glancing around the room in a panic.

Aven brushed her hair from her face, pulling him towards the standing closet. "Be quiet or so help me." She closed it, his taller frame ducking slightly. "Coming!"

She opened the door, panting as she faked a smile. "What's up?"

"You alright?" Chris asked, glancing her up and down in concern.

She nodded quickly. "Yes. It's just been a crazy day. Between copies and working on new merch, it's hectic."

"I'm sure." Chris narrowed his eyes at her. "I just need the extra box of pucks. I believe that they're in the closet to the far left."

"I'll grab them!" Aven stopped him, laughing as he halted. "I haven't unpacked anything and it's crazy messy."

She groaned with a forced laugh, opening the closet door as Jack had his hand over his mouth, the two sharing a wide eyed glance as she grabbed the box above him."

"Here." She handed them to her father. "I really gotta clean that."

"Yeah, please." Chris had his lips in a flat line. "Hey, you're coming to that Thanksgiving dinner tonight?"

Aven nodded with a thumbs up. "Wouldn't miss free food."

Chris raised his brows at her before exiting, shutting the door. Aven waited a few seconds until it gone completely silent, she opened the closet door, Jack stumbling out.

"Jesus." He breathed deeply, fanning himself. "It was so hot."

"Better than getting caught." Aven leaned against the table, throwing her head back as her heart still raced.

Jack hummed, his hands coming to land on his hips as she cocked her head up, locking eyes with the boy. "Now, where were we?"

he's so