thirty

✧˖*°࿐ MY FRIENDS TOLD ME ONE DAY ILL FEEL IT TOO
AND UNTIL THEN ILL SMILE HIDE THE TRUTH
BUT I KNOW I WAS HAPPIER WITH YOU
ed sheeran

Aven hadn't spoken a word. From the moment she woke up, the drive to the airport, and even through security. She buckled her seatbelt, throwing her head back against the seat as she stared out of the window.

"Okay, for real. What's the matter? You're quiet, but you never this quiet." Bella groaned, her head cocked to the side as she stared at her intently.

Aven shrugged, biting down on her lip harshly. "Nothing. I'm just tired, okay?"

"I'm sure." Bella widened her eyes before staring down at her lap. "I know somethings wrong because you don't drink like that. Your mood changed after you talked to Dylan. What happened?"

"I've been so worked up on what I was going to say to him if I saw him." Aven sighed, tasting the nickel taste in her mouth as she drew blood. "He moved on, Bella. He has a whole new girlfriend. In what, barely a month?"

Bella rolled her eyes, grabbing Avens hand. "He's a dushbag. I saw we slash his tires"

Aven laughed softly, rubbing her eyes. "Absolutely not. It's whatever. But then he has the nerve to sound pissed when he saw Mark and I in the bathroom."

"Wait, elaborate." Bella scrunched her face up.

"I don't even remember fully why we were in there. I was just sitting really close to him when Luke walked in on the phone with him. He was giving him a house tour for some reason." Aven scoffed. "And the camera was flipped and when he saw us, he freaked. Like, asking Luke all this shit."

Bella shook her head, groaning in her hands. "He's bipolar. I'm telling you, one too many hits against the board."

"Yeah, maybe you're right." Aven nodded, the lights dimming as the plane began to shake, soon taking flight into air. "I'm gonna try to sleep off this hangover."

Bella chuckled, tapping her head softly as Aven snuggled up with herself, leaning her temple on the side of the plane as she rested her eyes.

The two hour flight felt like twenty as she tossed and turned, holding her hands to the side of head as her chair rocked from the turbulence.

"Please tell me we just landed." Aven muttered, picking her head up as she lifted the window, seeing the familiar airport. "Thank God."

"Get me the fuck off this plane." Bella agreed, flipping her hair as she stood, thankful in that moment that they had chosen first class.

They grabbed their things from the overhead bin, walking towards the baggage claim. Aven ran a hand through her knotted hair, shivering from the coldness of the airport.

She could see her initials on her bright pink suitcase as she groaned, lifting it. Bella's coming out just seconds later.

"Okay, my dad should be here somewhere." Aven hummed, the two walking through the automatic doors. "Found him."

Chris exited his SUV, popping open the trunk as the girls hurried over. The girl hugged her father tightly as she helped him put her things in, nearly throwing herself into the passenger seat.

"Everyone good?" Chris asked, huffing as he shut his door, glancing in the mirror as Bella sent him a thumbs up, clicking her seatbelt in. "So, how's college life?"

"Oh, amazing." Bella raved, a large smile on her face. "It's beautiful there. It's just freezing a lot."

Chris nodded, intrigued. "That's Michigan. How about you, Aven? Do you like it?"