eleven

✧˖*°࿐ I DOUBT IT, WE'RE TOO SLOW MOVING
noah kahan, gracie abrams

Aven smoothed her hands over the black leggings adorning her legs, the plain white v-neck square, showing her cleavage.

"Hi stranger." Jack opened the door with a smile, closing it as she stepped into his share apartment with Meier. 

"Hi." She chucked, taking her hair behind her ears. "Your apartment is really nice."

Jack shrugged. "It's good space." Jack glanced over at the table. "Oh, here."

Avens lips parted as she glanced down at his hands, the red bouquet of flowers held between his fingertips. She pushed her bottom lip out, taking them.

"This is sweet. Thank you." Aven beamed at him, examining the bright colored petals.

"I didn't know what kind of flowers you liked. I just thought you can't go wrong with roses." Jack fiddled with his fingers.

"And you'd be correct. I love them." Aven nodded. "And my favorite flowers are in fact roses." She squeezed his chin, kissing him softly.

Jack tapped her lower back, pulling away from the kiss. "Good. You hungry?"

Aven hummed, following him into the kitchen. Jack glanced down at the menus in the draw, pulling out options.

"Pizza? Chiplotle?" Jack flipped the small packets over.

"Chipotle." Aven didn't hesitate, eyeing the bowls plastered over the paper.

Jack laughed softly. "Chipotle it is."

The two ordered in, sitting on the couch until the food arrived. The third Mighty Ducks playing on the tv screen.

Jack stood as the doorbell rang, tipping the driver as he shut and locked the front door. He handed her the bowl as he himself took his out.

"Chipotle chicken is the bomb." Aven gawked, taking a sip from her lemonade.

"Beef is better." Jack shook his head, scrunching his face up.

Aven turned her head towards him sharply. "Are you out of your mind? No, try it." She picked the chicken up, watching him roll his eyes as she stuck the fork in his mouth.

He chewed, shooting her a glance. "Beef is still superior. Open." She screwed her face together as the taste lingered on her tongue.

"Wrong." Aven argued.

"So, do you think you wanna coach?" Jack asked, throwing his empty bowl into the trash as he licked his lips. "Like, a job?"

Aven pursued her lips with a small shrug. "Maybe. So far, this is a lot of fun and I love hockey. If I were to continue coaching, I'd wanna stay here."

Jack hummed. "I think you make a great coach." He placed his hand on her thigh as her cheeks grew red.

"I don't think i'm supposed to flirt with my team." Aven teased, biting her bottom lip.

"That's your dad's rule." He leaned forward, kissing her jawline.

She glanced down, her features drawn together. "It sucks we can't be blunt about us."

"Us?" Jack cocked a brow.

Her face fell into a confused scramble. "Uh, I'm sorry? I thought..."

"I'm messing with you." Jack chuckled, smirking as he grabbed her chin gently. "I, uh, I..."

"What?" Aven asked, sitting up straighter as his hand slid to her knee. "Spit it out, Hughes."

Jack rubbed the back of his neck with his free hand. "It's just being with you every day makes me feel
complete. I just don't want this to ever end."

"It won't." Aven shook her head, her elbow resting on the top of the couch.

"I wanted to ask you to be my girlfriend." Jack admitted, staring at the carpet. "Please don't say no."

Aven smiled kid-like, rolling her bottom lip into her mouth. "How could I ever say no to you?"

Jacks lips curled up as he pulled her on top of him, his back falling to the couch as their lips connected. Her hands planted on his chest, one coming up to knot in his hair.

His hands roamed her hips up to her back, coming underneath her shirt.

"Jacky!" Meiers voice echoed.

Aven quickly picked her head up, locking eyes with him as she scooted off Jack. "Hey." She breathed, flustered.

Jack lifted himself up, nodding at his teammate with a sigh. "Yo, Meier."

Meier pulled his brows together, flicking his eyes between the two. "Wait. I, uh, I thought she wasn't allowed to date."

"She's not." Jack clarified. "So, that's why you can't tell anyone about this. Just act like it never happened."

He put his hands up in defense. "I didn't see a thing."

T a real one.
2k reads already.
I LOVE YOU ALL.
also hi hughes reunion tonight 😇