twenty-four

✧˖*°࿐ I KNOW YOURE SOMEWHERE OUT-THERE
bruno mars

"Miss Taylor." The dean smiled softly as Aven entered the office space.

"Hi." Aven nodded, reciprocated, her pink lips turning up. "Thank you for taking the time to meet with me today."

"It's our pleasure." A taller brunette blushed. "I'm Jenna Trubiano. I'm the head coach for the hockey team here."

Aven parted her lips, taking the woman's hand. "It's so nice to finally meet you."

"Usually, we would be weary about letting a student join in the middle of a semester but your grades from the past years have been impressive." The dean glanced down at her records as the three sat. "Is it true you're interested in playing hockey?"

"Uh, yes." Aven nodded. "It would be a dream."

The woman hummed. "Are you serious about going here? I believe you were admitted before."

"I got accepted." Aven shifted, glancing down at her bare legs with nerves. "As I was going to commit...other plans had came into the way."

"Coaching with your father?" Jenna asked. "The Devils, right?"

The blonde smiled with a chuckle. "That is him. It was a one time opportunity that I knew I'd regret if I let it slip."

"Smart." Jenn's chuckled, glancing towards the dean. "Look, I'd love to have her on the team. Her potential is there."

The dean smiled softly, placing her palm on a single paper as she slid it towards Aven, the pen drifting with it. "Sign here at the bottom. We can work on your schedule in the next few days. Congratulations on being a wolverine."

Aven parted her lips, excitement taking over her features as she hurriedly grabbed the pen, her signature in sloppy ink. "Thank you. Thank you so much."

She couldn't contain her smile as she walked back to the hall, leaves crunching beneath her feet as she approached the hall, propping the door open as she brushed past students.

"Bells!" She called out, knocking softly as she heard the footsteps patter.

"Hello." Bella rubbed her eyes, her brunette hair a knotted ball as she blinked. "What happened?"

Aven lifted the paper, a copied sheet of her commitment. Bella squinted, grabbing the corner as she read the first lines. She squealed, wrapping her arms around her best friend.

"Oh my." Bella jumped, wide awake. "I'm so happy. This is so good! We're gonna have so much fun."

"I know." Aven stepped inside, shrugging off her coat as Bella shut the door. "I'm playing hockey."

Bella's face fell slightly as she cocked a brow. "You...you wanna play? Wait, what happened to, "I hate this sport." Is she gone?"

Aven rolled her eyes, setting her things down. "I know what I said. That's all in the past. I mean, this was always my dream. I want to prove myself."

"Yeah." Bella nodded. "I'm happy that you want to pursue that." She fell quiet for a moment. "When's the last time you actually played?"

"Like, a month ago." Aven trailed off slightly. "Well, technically it wasn't an actual game. It was more of getting the puck and just shooting it."

Bella folded her arms. "Oh, right. Was this your little scavenge with Jack?"

Aven swallowed, glancing down at her shoes as she reminisced painfully. His arms around her as he started at her in awe, his lips lingered for a kiss as she turned her head.

"I'm sorry." Bella apologized, reaching for Aven. "I shouldn't have brought him up."

"It's okay." Aven shook her head quickly with a forced laugh. "I can't avoid the topic of him forever. I'm here to live my life and not dwell in the past."

Bella nodded, a smirk creeping on her lips. "That's exactly what we're doing tonight."

"A little more context?" Aven furrowed her brows as Bella cocked her head to the side, leaning on Lilys bed frame. "So, Sigma Chi throws this big bash before everyone leaves for break. Everyone on campus goes."

"Oh, really?" Aven asked, sitting on her bed. "How do you know this?"

"My cousin graduated last year." Bella shook her head, her voice in a duh tone. "You were at his graduation, Aves. Anyways, everyone on campus is taking about it."

Aven hummed with a shrug. "Fuck it. Let's do this."

"Yes!" Bella clapped, grabbing the blondes paled cheeks before kissing her on her forehead. "You're gonna be such a slut."

Aven shook her head, covering her face. "Don't make me regret this, Bells."

oh yeah 🤭
thank u for 10k reads!!
smooches
hope everyone had a good holiday <3