Chapter 20

Melony's POV

He said goodbye not goodnight. What does that mean? Why would he say goodbye? He hates me doesn't he. Oh God what do I do now. But of course he would hate me. I told him I don't feel the same. And i know how that feels. Maybe this is for the best. Maybe this was meant to happen. I just hope he understands.

I go back to doing my homework but I can hardly concentrate. Ugh. Good thing this homework isn't due till Friday. My phone rang and I was nervous about it being Caleb. I looked at the screen and it was my dad.

After the divorced was final my dad's boss decided to relocate my dad to Europe. And by Europe I mean Germany. So I don't get to see him. And I barely talk to him. I answer the phone excitedly.

"Hey dad!"

"Hey bug. How's it going?" Horrible i think to myself.

"It going good. I miss you a lot though." I say instead

"I do to princess. That's why I called I'm coming home in a couple of days and I wanted you to be the first to know."

"Really? Yay! I can't wait to see you. Mom's been kinda annoying lately. She's stressed about the bakery and she unleashes that stress at home." My dad chuckles at that.

"What about your brothers how are they."

"Annoying as always."

"Same old same old."

"Pretty much. How's Germany treating you?"

"Its amazing. I want you to come and visit soon. Maybe for Thanksgiving. All though they don't celebrate it here but we can have our own thanksgiving. What do you say bug?" Wow go to Germany with my dad that sounds awesome. Maybe it'll give me space from all the drama here.

"That sounds great dad. I mean I have to ask mom. But I can convince her."

"Perfect. Don't forget to tell your brothers. I'll see you soon princess okay?"

"Okay. Tell me what day your coming so I can pick you up okay?"

"Will do. Bye princess I love you."

"Love you too dad." We hang up and I'm not in a gloomy mood anymore. That's what my dad does with you noticing until after you finish talking to him. That's why I think he's the best dad ever. I can't wait to see him.

I went downstairs to find my brothers. The place they love ti be in the back yard. I go out and find them playing with a dog. Which last time I remember we didn't have a dog.

"Why is there a dog in our back yard?" I ask them and they stop what there doing and look at each other.

"We kinda sorta adopted him." My brother Jason says.

"Yeah. We went to volunteer at the animal shelter and we saw him and we couldn't leave him there in that place. Look at him. He adorable." Cesar tells me and I do look at the dog. He's an English Bulldog. He has brown fur with white patches. And the most adorable puppy eyes. Ceasar is right he's adorable.

"What are you going to do when mom finds out?"

"She's not going to find out because we aren't going to tell her." Jason says

"You can't keep the dog hidden forever.

"We won't. We'll slowly convince her that we should get a dog and yeah." Ceasar

"That's your plan?" I ask doubtful
"Yeah pretty much." Jason says

"A dog is hard work you know. You have to clean after him feed him walk him play with him. Its a big responsibility.

"We know." They say at the same time.

"What's his name?" I ask

"We haven't named him yet actually." Jason says. "Why don't you come up with a name." I don't like how he said that.

"Me? No I am not getting involved with this. I just came out to tell you guys that dad is coming home for a couple of days."

"He is?!" Jason asks excitedly

"Yup."

"That's awesome." Ceasar says. He then look at Jason and I don't like the way they're looking at each other."If you help us name the dog we won't tell mom Caleb and you were making out at the door." Those assholes

"You wouldn't." My mom dosent like it when we make out with people in the house. Don't ask me why its just her rule and we don't question it.

"Wouldn't we." he tells me. I hate when they conspire against me.

I give in."Okay fine. His name is Hercules." When I said that the dog looked at me and ran to me."You like that name boy? Yes you do don't you." This dog he's a puppy actually is the cutest. What have I gotten myself into. I get up and give them a scowl. "You guys owe me."

"We'll wash your car." Jason says.

"It better be spotless." With that I walk inside the house. Ugh my brothers are going to get me in so much trouble.