Chapter 25

"What about this one?" my mom asks holding an ugly winter coat.

We are currently shopping for winter clothes since I will be with my dad in Germany for Christmas. And my dad has mentioned its gets really cold. The highest 40°F.

"Mom that thing is horrendous." I say looking at it. It's the color of green throw up.

"No one is gonna care what it will look like. And its very warm."

"Mom I care what it looks like."

"Okay okay. How about this one?" I was about to tell her to look at a different clothes rack because were she was looking all the coats were ugly. That is until I looked up and saw the coat.

"Yes I think that's the one." I say looking at the dark blue coat. Not only was it cute but it looked really warm."Okay can we move on to shoes?" I ask hopefully.

"No you have about 6 perfect pair of shoes you can take. Not to mention they are like brand new." she says killing my hopes.

"Fine." Goodbye brown boots I fell in love with.

"Okay we have everything. Let's go pay for this."

We make our way to the cash register when my mom spots one of her friends and they start talking. Ugh. She takes forever when she runs in with a new friend. She notices my discomfort and says goodbye to her friend.

"How do you have more friends than I do mom?"

"I asks myself that same question everyday." my mom replies teasing me.

"Haha very funny."

"Next in line please?" the cash register lady says to us and we make our way to her.

"Find everything okay."

"Yes we did." my mom says

"Alright your total is $102.30. Do you have a rewards cards with us?"

"Yes." I say at the same time my mom says "No."

I hand my rewards card to the lady.

"Okay your new total is $50.34" I guess you can say I like to shop if my rewards card gives me discounts.

My mom looks over at me suspiciously and I just smile at her. She hands her credit card to the lady. She rings us up and hands us our bags.

"How much shopping do you do Mel?" my mom ask as we head to the car.

"I don't think you wanna know." I reply.

~~~
I was in my room packing my suitcase for my trip. Everyday I get more and more excited to go to Germany. Berlin to be exact. I have looked up things to do and even if my dad is working I can go visit a museum.

"Mom have you seen my make up bag?" I yell

"Check the hall closet." she yells back.

So I go to the hall to look for the make up bag wondering why it would be in the hall closet.

"Its not in here." I say as my mom comes up the stairs.

"Let me look." she says."You children don't know how to look for stuff." she complains

"Well your the one that puts things away." I say to her.

"Here it is." my mom says hitting me on the head with it.

"Thank you mom. You're the best." I say to ease her annoyance.

"Whatever." she says going back stairs. Mother's can't live without them.