Chapter 7

Mason's POV

"Mason honey wake up." I heard my mom say

"Five more minutes"

"Honey I am going to work. You been asleep all day. You have a fever."

"What? What time is it?"

"Four in the afternoon."

"What?"

"Yeah. I got to go see you later. Love you too."

Wow I was asleep all day. Today is Monday. Oh fuck I had a test today. Oh well i can retake it when I get back to school. I had the most incredible dream ever. It was Melony and I walking hand in hand at the beach and thats all i remeber. Wow I miss her. I can't stop thinking about her after the kiss. I am going to ask her out. I think its about time I do. I wounder if she can't stop thinking about me. First thing tomorow -if I go to school- I will ask her out. I went down stairs to see what my mom made to eat. And it was just a sandwich. But I love how she makes them so its ok. If only we had chips and soda left. I bet my sister finished both.

"Rose?!"

"In the living room." I heard my sister call as I headed towards the sound of laughter.

"Did you finish all the chips and soda?"

"Not just me so did Jess and Mat." She said pointing toward her best-friends.

"And you guys couldn't leave me some. I am hurt you know." I said sarcastically.

"Shut up."

"Has Austin came by."

"Actually he did he brought you homework its on the desk."

"Great. Well I am going up to my room."

"O.K."

"Tell me if anyone comes by."

"O.K." She replyed sounding annoyed

Great I have homework from geometry and biology my worst subjects. As I opened my Geo book a note fell on the ground. It was from Austin

Dude I got you Melony's number you owe me.

Oh and pg 239 #1-10 for geo and vocab for

Chapter 10 in bio.

- Love Austin

The "Love Austin" part made me chuckle. I known Austin ever since pre-k. We have always been best-friends. He is like a brother to me. We are always there for each other. As i turned over the note there it was her phone number. Should I call her? No maybe tomorrow. What if she is busy? What if she is with Jack? I am going to call her. I dialed her number and it started ringing. After the fith ring she answered.

"Hello. Who is this?"

"Umm hey. Its Mason."

"Oh hey Mason how are you?"

"Not so good. I have a fever. But better now that I hear your voice.

"Is that so?"I swear I could feel her smile.

"Yes it is. Umm so can I ask you a question?"

"Sure."

"Do you want to be my girlfriend?" It took her a while to respond.

"Mason I-I I'm sorry but no.''

"Oh."

"Mason I'm sorry its just that..."

"No you don't have to make up an excuse I understand."

"Mason I just can't go out with you. It wouldn't be fair to you."