Chapter 13

Melony's POV

*One Month Later*

It was Friday afternoon and I was on the floor of Jack's basement watching him and Ashton play this new video game that they were obsessed with right now, they would try to teach me how to play but I just didn't get the hang of it. This past month I have been hanging out with them. I would be at Jack's house until it got late because I didn't want to go home. Sometimes I would sleep over. I would keep clothes in my new car. Which my parents thought they could buy me with. They-being Jack and his friends- have been my best friends lately. I was starting at the screen of his huge flat screen T.V when I heard a phone vibrate. Since all our phones were charging and on vibrate I went to check which one it was. Turns out it was mine. It was a text from Taylin which read;

"Hey Mel we need to talk like asap. I need my best friend back. PLEASE CALL ME."

Sighing and returning back to my spot on the floor I replied "OK".

"What's wrong Mel?" I heard Ashton ask as he paused the game.

"Huh oh umm Taylin texted she wants to talk."

"Well why don't you go over and talk to her. Don't get me wrong I love having you around but you need her. I mean come on you miss her. Don't let your stubbornness get to you." Jack said.

"I do miss her but-" I didn't finish because Jack interrupted me

"No buts. Let me see your phone."

I gave him my phone and a couple of seconds later he put it to his ear.

"Hello Taylin? Hey its Jack you need to come over to my house like now." He said and my mouth opened I was sure it was going to hit the ground.

"Ok no problem see you in a bit bye." He finished and handed me my phone.

"Would you like to explain what you just did?" I asked him

"Oh umm I am making sure you two get back together. Don't get me wrong I love hanging out with you but you need Taylin." I hate it when he's right.

"But I don't want to talk to her right now." I replied.

"That is your stubbornness talking." Replied Ashton.

I gave him a look that could have burned a hole through him.

"When will she be here?" I asked

"In-" He was cut off when the door bell rang. He went to go get it and was back with Taylin.

"Come on Ashton lets go get food." He said leaving Taylin and I alone.

"So.." Taylin said

"So..." I repeated

"We should get right to it." She said

"Listen Melony I'm sorry for not being there for you when you needed me the most. I was acting like a total bitch. You know after you left my house I went after you. And I saw your car roll and when it landed in that ditch. I went down there and call your name but you didn't answer." So she was the voice I heard. By this point she was on the verge of tears but she continued. "When you didn't answer me I though I truly lost you. And I couldn't bare with your death Mel. You are and will always be my best friend." I was crying like a baby and so was she. I went and hugged her. We stayed like like that for a while.

"You were a bitch. But I forgive you. There will never be another Taylin that could ever replace you. You know in that moment when I was hanging upside down I-I accepted death. I was actually looking forward to it." She was shocked when I told her this she started crying again and so did I. "My problems would have gone away. But I woke up in a hospital and I realized that I was goin to have to face my problems. I was still angry at you and my parents but I love you guys so much." We hugged again longer this time until a voice interrupted us.