♫1♫ 'Sterling Silver'

Hello!

This is my first time posting on WattPad so it'd be awesome if you could give me some feedback!

Also, this chapter is a bit long, I know, but it's only cause I wanted to introduce some of the characters that will be making a later appearance into the book. Once I start on chapter two, the chapters will be much shorter. Oh, and the story may sound overly clichéd in this chapter, but once I start on chapter 2, it shouldn't be so clichéd anymore.

The story does contain language, but not too much...that's why I put it as PG-13. :) 

A/N: Sunset Valley and Kirk's Bay are two imaginary towns I created. They are located in California. 

♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪

UPDATE 6/22/14

This story is now updated, shortened from its original 62 chapters to 46. I was originally going to make a sequel, but then thought better of it. I now present to you, the fully edited, non-sequel version of SoH. I hope you enjoy. :)

♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪

Chapter One

'Sterling Silver'

I was melting…Like literally.

Not only was it eighty-five degrees out here on the beach, my friend, Ivy, had decided to steal my one and only portable fan for her own personal use. I glared at her as she sighed contently; the fan blowing its cool air onto her face. She had her back against the beach towel, her pink bikini straps slowly sliding off her shoulders as she slowly fell asleep.

My other friend, Lola, was swimming in the ocean, her boyfriend, Kyle, tagging along.

I couldn’t help but smile. Not only was I totally pumped that school was out, I was also happy that I got to hang out with my friends today.

Sighing contently, I closed my eyes, relishing in the warm rays of the sun; hoping my skin would tan just a bit since I was so pale. But before I could even close my eyes, I felt someone pour a bucket of cold water onto my chest, causing me to quickly open my eyes and shriek.

“Oh my god!” I looked up to see my brother, Hyde, and his best friend, Kale, laughing. My brother dropped the red bucket he was holding in his hands and clutched his stomach, his face turning red from all the laughter.

“Screw you guys!” I shouted, grabbing a handful of sand with my right hand and flinging it towards them. However, just to my luck, the wind decided to pick up and rather than have the sand go flying towards the two jackasses standing before me, it came towards me instead.

So now, not only was I wet and cold, despite the heat, I had sand stuck to my hair, my mouth, and my eyes. “Fuck!” I got up and blinked rapidly a few times, hoping that the sand would get out. However, it didn’t really work.

“Karma’s a bitch, huh?” said Kale, through fits of laughter.

“Ugh, you guys are such jerks!” I stomped towards the bathroom, to wash my eyes, when I bumped into some other guy on the way over.

“Hey, watch it!” someone with a low, resonating voice snapped.

“Well, that’s hard to do when you have sand in your eyes!” I snapped back, roughly pushing past the idiot.