♫45♫ I Guess Corniness Just Gets To Me

Chapter Forty-Five

I Guess Corniness Just Gets To Me

3 days later...

"Carson, come over here," I said, as I dragged him up to my room. School didn't start for another three days for me and since the college that Carson went to was only thirty minutes away from my house, he was able to come down and visit me a few times a week.

Hyde and Kale were already at college, back in their dorms while my parents were at work, so the house was eerily quiet.

"Come here for what?"

"I want to show you something," I said, as I plopped down onto my bed. I dragged him down with me and then rested my head on his chest as I took my phone out from my pocket.

"Did you just want to cuddle or what? Because I'm all up for it." He made a move to wrap an arm around me but I quickly grabbed his arm and flung it back.

"No," I said, as I glared at him. "I wanted to show you this song." I scrolled through my music library on my iPhone and when I finally reached the song that I was looking for, I clicked on it and showed it to Carson.

"A Jordin Sparks song? That's all you had wanted to show me?"

"I heard this song when I was on my first date with Sterling. I uh..." I hesitated for a moment before saying, "I thought about you when I heard it."

I pressed the 'play' button and the lyrics from the song 'Battlefield' flooded my bedroom.

Carson smirked. "See, what did I tell you about all the girls wanting me?" he teased.

I got up from my position on the bed and glared at him. "Dude, I'm like pouring my feelings out to you and this is all you say? You are unbelievable, Carson."

"Hey, I was kidding," he said, as he got up and put an arm around me. "I really got under your skin, didn't I?"

I nodded. "Which is sad, because I was actually enjoying my time with him until you had to ruin the night for me!"

Carson looked at me bafflingly. "How is that even possible? I was at home that night, sulking in my bedroom, thinking about you and the date you were on!"

"You were thinking about me that night?" I asked. Aw, I feel like complete mush right now...actually, I've been feeling this way whenever I'm around Carson.

"Of course I did. I never stopped thinking about you. You're like my Juliet to my Romeo."

"Did you make that up? Cause that was pretty corny, Carson," I said, as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"But you love corny, don't you?" he teased, as a small smirk spread across his lips.

"What can I say? I guess corniness just gets to me."

Carson rolled his eyes and then pulled me down onto the bed with him. I rested my cheek against his chest and listened to the erratic pulsing of his heart.

Man, I was giving the poor boy a heart attack.

I subtly smirked when I realized I was the cause of that. I threw a leg around him and then cuddled in closer to him as I felt him tighten his arms around me in response. Suddenly, he rolled over so that he was on top of me.

"What are you doing?" I squeaked. I felt my face heat up at our close proximity.

"What does it look like?"

"Carson! I'm not gonna kiss you right now!" I scowled.

"Oh come on, I thought we were in 'the moment' right now."