♫20♫ Nice Lisp, Bro

Chapter Twenty

Nice Lisp, Bro

“Your friends are on their way over,” I said, as I took a seat beside his bed.

Carson looked at me but didn’t say anything. An hour had passed since he was sent to the hospital. The doctors had taken him to the back of the hospital, where they did all the evaluations and other stuff that doctors usually do when they get a patient suffering from an extreme food allergy.

After about forty minutes of waiting in the waiting room, scared out of my mind (I mean, come on, I don’t want to be the cause of his death!), a doctor had finally come over to explain to me that Carson was currently doing fine and that he may have to spend a night here so that they could make sure his symptoms wouldn’t return.

They told me that Carson had requested to see me and that’s how I basically ended up here, in Carson’s room.

Currently, he was doing fine. The swelling around his face had subsided and made him no longer look like a twisted clown, but his lips were still a bit swollen. However, he looked much better than he was an hour ago.

“Youth know, for a secondth, I actually thought youth were trying to kill me,” Carson mused, as he smirked at me. He still a slight lisp from the swelling tongue he had, but I think the swelling was starting to subside, so he should be able to talk in no time.

“What?” I asked, shocked. “Why would you think that?”

“Youth hate me—oh, and the fact that youth saidth to get the foodth by myself.”

“But I didn’t know you had a severe food allergy!”

“Well youth do nowth,” he said, shrugging. “I bet youth’d’ve cry if I hath died righth then and there.”

“You wish,” I said, rolling my eyes. “That’s never going to happen.”

“Keep telling youthself that. Youth feelings for me arth too strongth.”

I got up from my seat. “Are you asking for a punch in the face?” I growled. “Because I am so not afraid to punch you right now.”

“Youth wouldn’t…” he said, narrowing his eyes at me.

“Wanna bet?” I said, threateningly. In all honesty though, I wouldn’t have the guts to punch someone in a hospital bed.

“That wouldn’t be a good idea, Juliet,” I heard someone say from behind me. I felt a hand curl around my wrist as it gently raised it down. I shifted my body around to see who it was.

Erving.

“Oh…hey Erving,” I awkwardly said, as he released my hand.

Sterling was standing behind him. When he saw me, he gave me a shy wave.

I waved back. “I didn’t know you guys would get here so quick.”

“We took the nearest cab,” Erving replied, shrugging. Suddenly, his lips spread into a huge grin as he said, “Man, we leave you two alone for an hour and this is what happens?” He gestured towards Carson.

“Well…” I said, as I bit my lower lip.

“Ith was her fault,” Carson said, through gritted teeth.

Erving burst out laughing. “Nice lisp, bro.”

“Shut up!” he growled.

Sterling smirked. “I guess that’s what you get for teasing Juliet so much.”