♫42♫ He Sucks At Keeping Promises

Chapter Forty-Two

He Sucks At Keeping Promises

“Thank goodness you’re back, Jules!” said Hyde, as he pulled me into a hug. I was in his hotel room, visiting him and Kale, since I hadn’t seen them for around a week and I missed them like crazy.

“Of course: did you really think I’d ditch you guys and have Kale drag down our whole band?” I asked, giggling.

“What? Who says?” said Kale, offended. “I’ll have you know, I’m a pretty good singer.”

“That’s what I said, but Lola, Hyde, and Ivy apparently disagree with me on that.” I smirked at him.

“Well aren’t you just nice,” Kale said, as he directed his statement to Hyde.

Hyde laughed. “It’s true, though. You know I love you, but when it comes to singing…sorry bro, you just plain suck.”

Kale glared at him.

“So how are you coping with things?” asked my brother, as he looked at me seriously.

Hyde still didn’t know about Carson and mine’s relationship. In fact, the only people who knew about us were Ivy and Erving, since they saw Carson and me in a pretty compromising position in the park yesterday.

“Good,” I said.

“Good?”

I nodded.

“I’m glad. I thought you were going to feel forever sad and end up acting like one of those girls in romance movies, where she’ll end up stuffing herself with chocolates and whining about how bad her life is.” Hyde chuckled. “Good thing you aren’t one of those girls.”

“Of course!” I said. “Since when have I ever eaten chocolates in bed? When I’m sad, I just sing—you should know that by now.”

“That’s still pretty stereotypical.”

“But it helps!” I argued.

“Sure, sure,” he said, as he waved off my argument.

“So uh, the competition’s tomorrow, right? The last round before the whole thing is over?”

Hyde nodded. “Did you hear about Carson’s band getting kicked out?”

I felt guilt seep into me. “Yeah.”

“Did Carson leave to find you?”

“What? Why would you think that?” I shouted, nervously.

“Because he left and ditched the whole competition. If I didn’t know any better, I would’ve said he was running after you.” Hyde patted my head. “Who knew he was so desperately in love with my idiotic little sister?”

I slapped his hand away. “Idiotic?” I repeated, as I glared at him.

Hyde cracked up laughing. “It’s true though!”

“I’m not stupid, you’re stupid!” I punched him on the arm.

Hyde stopped laughing to glare at me. “What the heck, Jules?”

“That’s what you get for making fun of me!”

“Okay, why don’t you guys just stop fighting and everything?” asked Kale, anxiously, as he put himself between us. “Why not we talk about something else, like the song choice we have, per say?”

“Okay, that sounds good,” I said, as I directed my attention to him.

“So while you were gone, our band had decided to go through with the song ‘Made in the USA’—”