Epilogue

Epilogue

Six Years Later…

“Where are you taking me?” I asked, as Carson got out of the car and practically dragged me out.

We’ve been dating for eight years now and I secretly wondered if Carson was ever going to propose to me. I mean, yeah, I may not be your stereotypical romance-movie kind of girl, but come on; I really want to settle down and start a family.

Speaking of which, I’m already six months pregnant.

Which really sucks, because I was really looking forward to touring the States with my band.

Stupid Carson. He always ruins everything for me.

My band and I just released our fourth album a few months ago and within a month of it being out, it had already achieved critical success.

Georgette’s our agent. She’s super bubbly about it. We became really good friends. Even though my band and I didn’t get first place in the competition, we were still offered a music deal from Hollywood Records—courtesy of Georgette.

Anyways, Ivy, Kale, Lola, Hyde, and I are still a band—we never broke up; our friendship is still as strong as ever.

Hyde’s married now and has a kid of his own. He and his wife, Hilary, are expecting their second child.

Ivy married Erving—which isn’t very surprising. They’re not planning to have any kids at the moment though. According to Ivy, it was because she thought kids were ‘annoying and bratty,’ which totally doesn’t make sense, I mean, yeah, they can be like that, but they’re not like that all the time.

Eight years ago, Lola had broken up with her then, off-and-on boyfriend Kyle. She’s currently single and she’s loving it. Besides playing the drums for us, she also works as a preschool teacher.

Sterling on the other hand, has remained a good and loyal friend to me. I’m happy he’s found a girl of his own—someone who loves him back for the way he is. He met her a year ago at college. Her name is Annie and she’s Asian—Chinese to be exact. She’s really pretty. I can see how he fell hard for her. I don’t hear any wedding bells chiming for them in the near future, but I think it’s definitely a possibility.

Jennifer and Harrison became close friends of mine. Just the other day, I had gone baby shopping with Jennifer. Jennifer’s a model now—which isn’t surprising. She has the looks and the body, so what can I say? Harrison’s an architect, and he’d drop me a visit every now and then to hang out.

Carson currently works as a software engineer. He got a job at Apple, so we’ve been living in Silicon Valley for a while—fouryears to be exact.

“You’ll see!” Carson said excitedly, as he led me out of the car. He had his guitar strapped over his back. “Can you please go faster?”

“You know, I’d totally run over there with you, but apparently”—I pointed to my stomach—“this is a—ah! Put me down Carson!” Carson picked me up and practically jogged me over to beach.

He set me down on the sand and I glared at him.

“What?” he asked.

“You know perfectly well, ‘what!’ I hate it when you pick me up like that without a warning!” I growled.

He chuckled and rolled his eyes. “Whatever. You know you love it anyways.”

“Yeah, I totally do,” I said, sarcastically. I may be twenty-three, but I am still that inner sixteen-year-old at heart.