♫15♫ What Did I Just Get Myself Into?

I am having so much fun writing the next chapter; I can't wait to post it! >:D

♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪

Chapter Fifteen

What Did I Just Get Myself Into?

Knock, knock, knock.

“Someone’s at the door,” Hyde said, as he threw a T-shirt at me. Hyde, Kale, and I were inside my hotel room, packing. After what felt like years of arguing, Hyde had finally given in and agreed to take me home. Kale would be taking my place as lead singer because even though he can’t sing quite well, he’s still pretty good.

“Geez, thanks for clarifying,” I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes. I got up and went up to the door. Assuming it was my friends, I didn’t even bother to look through the peephole and flung the door open. I instantly regretted my action. Why did I not look through that damn peephole?

Standing in front of me was none other than Carson himself. He had his lips pursed and his eyes seemed to say ‘I-wish-I-was-anywhere-but-here,’ which is funny, because if he didn’t really want to come here in the first place, then why was he here in the first place?

“What are you doing here?” I asked, rudely.

“I was going to apologize,” he said, cautiously.

“Apology not accepted,” I immediately said, making a move to close the door. However, before I could even close the door in place, Carson placed his foot inbetween, and so instead of closing it, I ended up squishing his foot.

“Ouch! Son of a mother of a—holy shit, this hurts likes—Fuck!” He clutched his foot in agony and started to hop on one foot, all the while squeezing his eyes shut.

I stifled a laugh by biting my lower lip as I glanced at him.

“And you’re not even going to apologize?” he growled. “What a kind, kind person you are.”

“What?” I asked, putting on my best angelic face. “I didn’t do anything. If you hadn’t stuck your foot there, then none of this would’ve happened.”

“You’re a b—I mean, you suck.” He stopped jumping and then straightened himself again.

“You know, I was about to apologize…but that was until you said I sucked.” This time, I closed the door again—right to his face.

“Everything alright there, Jules?” asked Hyde, as he looked at me worriedly. He was sitting on the bed that Ivy and I slept in. I took a seat beside him.

“Everything’s peachy,” I lied.

“Are you still sure with dropping out and everything? I mean, Kale rather sucks at singing…”

“Hey! I am very offended by your opinion,” barked Kale, who was sitting on Lola’s bed. He was playing with his phone and from the noise that was radiating off of it, I’m assuming he’s playing Temple Run.

I laughed. “It’s kinda true, though,” I admitted. “Kale, you need to brush up on your singing skills.”

“Or maybe you could save me the embarrassment of having to perform in front of hundreds and just stay here?” he suggested. Kale looked at me pleadingly.

“Hey, you know what you could do?” Hyde’s eyes glinted with mischief as he rubbed his hands together.

“Okay, why do I get this feeling that you’re trying to have me do something evil?”