♫7♫ The Auditions

I posted the link to the song that Juliet sings over there → 

It's one of my favorite Cady Groves' song. :)

♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪

Chapter Seven

The Auditions

“What took you so long?” asked Ivy, as I made my way back to my seat.

“I had a hard time finding the bathroom,” I muttered. I wasn’t about to let her know of my little encounter with Carson. Plus, it’s not as if she knows him anyway. Speaking of which, I wonder why Carson was here in the first place. If Sterling had told me that Carson was his friend, wouldn’t that mean he lived in Kirk’s Bay as well? So why is he here in Sunset Valley?

“Are you okay? You have this faraway look in your eyes,” said Lola, scrutinizing me.

“Yeah, I’m totally fine. I’m just spacing out, that’s all,” I replied, snapping back to reality.

“How does your voice feel? You think you can sing?” asked Ivy.

I nodded. “As long as I’m hydrated, I think I’ll be fine. Do you guys have any water by any chance?”

Lola shook her head. “I can go buy you some, if you want? I have a feeling Hyde and Kale won’t be back for a while. In case you haven’t noticed, the check-in line is pretty big.” As if to make her point, Lola gestured towards the line behind us.

It stretched from the stage to the restroom I was just at moments earlier.

My jaw dropped as I took in the scene before me. The line seemed to stretch on for miles and miles. When my brother had said ‘competition,’ I had not expected it to be this big of a competition.

“Aw man,” I whined. “This’ll take such a long time before all the bands are actually even allowed to start auditioning.”

“I know right?” said Ivy. “You’re not alone: I totes feel the same way.”

“I’ll go get you some water,” said Lola, getting out of her seat. She made her way out of the aisle.

“How long have Hyde and Kale been gone?” I asked, shifting my attention back to Ivy.

“I’d say almost an hour. Why?”

“Nothing. I just lost track of time, that’s all.” I winced as I felt a sharp sting in my knees. I didn’t want to rub it though, since my hands would only make them sting more seeing as how they’re as hot as the Sahara desert.

“Are you okay? You have this weird look on your face.”

“Yeah, I’m totally fine,” I said. “I just happened to scrape my knees on the way to the bathroom.”

“Only you, Jules, only you,” said Ivy, shaking her head in a knowing way.

A few minutes later, Lola returned back with some water.

“Hey, I’m back with the water! I didn’t know they had free water backstage—that’s so cool!” said Lola, beaming at Ivy and me as she handed each of us a bottle of water.

“Thanks, Loles,” I said, smiling at her.

“No problem.”

I gulped down the water thirstily, relishing in the coolness of the liquid as it rehydrated my body. The sun was beating down on my back really hard and I felt as if I was trapped inside an oven…a really hot oven at that.