♫39♫ Apologies, Apologies

Chapter Thirty-Nine

Apologies, Apologies

Julessss, come backkkkkkk! :’(

I smiled at Ivy’s text.

I’ll think about it ;),I texted back.

But Kale realllllly sucks at singing and I’m starting to fear that we’ll get kicked out by the end of this round.

Oh come on, he isn’t that bad!! I replied.

If you were here, you’d understand. She texted back.

I laughed and then threw my phone down on the couch.

“Ouch!” yelped Carson, as he took the phone off his face.

Oops, I kinda forgot about him sitting there. Since he used up most of his money on the bus fare, my mom had offered him a place to stay here (much to my reluctance. I told my mom to have him sleep out in our backyard, but she was having none of that). So while I’d been sleeping upstairs in my room, he’d been sleeping in Hyde’s, since Hyde wasn’t here and everything.

“Oops, sorry,” I said, with fake sincerity.

Carson glared at me.

I batted my eyelashes at him. “What?”

“What the hell?” he growled, as he held my phone out.

“Well it’s not my fault you’re sitting so close to me.” And it was true. There was like no gap between us, which I found quite irritating. He was like a puppy clinging to his owner.

“Is there something wrong with that?”

“Um, yes?” I stated, matter-of-factly. “Don’t think those kisses are going to change anything. I still hate you to my guts.”

Carson smirked. “I’ll believe you when pigs fly.”

“Funny, I thought I just saw a pig fly yesterday…” I mused.

“Not funny, Juliet.”

“Funny enough!” I retorted. I snatched my phone from his hands and then turned around so that he was seeing more of back than my face. “There’s an armchair right there—why not you go and sit over there?”

“And explain to me why it should be me who should sit over there?”

“Because this is my house and I got here first!”

“But I’m guest, so shouldn’t I get this couch?”

“Move, Carson!” I whined, as I tried to push him off the couch.

But being the boulder that he is, he didn’t even budge. Instead, he caught my hands into his hands and then leaned down towards me again.

I sucked in a breath. He wasn’t trying to kiss me again, right? Because at this point, I’m not sure if I want to. I mean, we aren’t dating or anything and I feel as if it’s wrong to kiss someone who isn’t your boyfriend…

“Carson, no,” I firmly said, as I turned my face away from his.

“What?”

“I’m not gonna kiss you.”

“Why not?” He seemed a bit hurt by my rejection.

“Because we aren’t together or anything!” I exclaimed. “And plus, aren’t you with Jennifer?”