♫34♫ "No Daughter Of Mine Is Pathetic"

Chapter Thirty-Four

“No Daughter Of Mine Is Pathetic”

Hey guys! Sorry about telling you people this on such short notice, but I’m leaving. I know it’s rather selfish of me to do that, but based on what’s happened to me so far, I don’t think I can handle being here any longer.

Anyways, I want to start over; I want to go back home and be with my parents again. I hope you guys will understand.

Hopefully I brought us up to a good position in the competition. Have Kale be your lead singer—he’s actually not that bad. :P

Anyways, the competition ends near the end of August right? I’ll see you then. We can celebrate your victory later with food from Red Robins or something. And then hopefully, life will resume back to the way it was a month before we came here.

- Juliet

PS:

Please don’t tell Sterling or Carson (least of all Carson) or Erving where I am. I just want to escape them for a while.

I finished the letter on a sticky note, since that was all I could find here in my room, and then stuck it onto the lamp between the two beds.

I pulled out my suitcase and then headed over to the door of my hotel. I quietly slipped the card key under the door, and then headed over to the elevators.

I then pulled out my phone and sent Carson the video message I had made earlier today.

Taking a deep breath, I got into the elevator and made my out of the hotel. I was able to change my bus ride time from one in the morning to nine at night. I slowly made my way towards the bus station and then plopped myself down onto an empty seat. I checked the time on my phone. It was only eight thirty, so I guess I had another thirty minutes to wait.

It was around a twenty minute taxi ride from the hotel to the music conservatory, where the competition was being held, so I’m assuming that by the time my friends will have noticed my disappearance, I’d already be on a flight back home.

Speaking of which, I think I should really give my parents a call and tell them I’m on my way home.

I pulled out my phone and dialed my home phone number.

On the fourth ring, a tired-sounding voice picked up.

“Mom?” I asked, uncertainly.

“Jules?” she asked. “Oh my god, it is you, isn’t it? How’s L.A.? I haven’t heard from you in such a long time!”

“It’s uh…okay…I actually called you to tell you something…” I said, as I bit my tongue.

“What is it? Is everything alright there?” she asked, worriedly.

“Everything’s…if I’m going to be honest, nothing’s fine here, mom,” I said, as my voice cracked. I hate how mothers always make you weak with emotions. I found myself crying into the receiver as my mother tried to mollify me from the other side.

“What’s wrong, sweetie? I’ve never heard you so upset before.”

“I messed up badly here. I just want to go home and that’s what I’m exactly doing here at the moment. I brought bus tickets to the airport and I’m going to buy plane tickets for home.”

“You’re not going to stay?”

“I don’t think I can.” I sniffled a bit and then wiped my nose on my arm. I sighed. “I’m pathetic.”