♫14♫ Sterling's POV: My Delusional Self

Hello! Here's the first update since like 3 weeks! I can update more often now, since I don't have many other things planned for the summer, lol. Anyways, as you can probably tell, this chapter is set in Sterling's POV. I wasn't originally going to write in anyone's but Juliet's POV, but after some thought, I realized that if I wrote in Sterling's POV, I could give the story some more depth.

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy his POV. It'd be awesome if you could comment whether or not I should continue with his POVs?

And also, I've changed the cover for the book, in case you didn't see. I thought the other one looked a bit too bland. Anyways, here's the chapter! :)

♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪

Chapter Fourteen

Sterling’s POV

My Delusional Self

“Juliet!” Someone with an angry, bellowing voice shouted from behind me.

I spun around in my chair and saw an angry-looking young man around Carson’s age storm up to our table. I saw Juliet’s face turn from raging-mad to downright scared as soon as her eyes met up with the young man’s.

I bet that’s her brother: they both have similar brown hair, even if Juliet’s was a tad bit lighter than his, and they both shared the same skin color and blue eyes, although, I have to admit, Juliet’s seemed to be more lighter. Even though their countenances were a bit different and that if one had only glanced at them, it would be really easy to mistake them as two unrelated people. But, being the attentive guy that I am, I could tell right off they were related.

“What. The. Heck are you doing?” growled her brother. I saw him roughly grab her arm and then drag her out into the foyer outside of the buffet.

After Hyde and Juliet were out of our sight, I turned around and was stunned to see Carson actually having the audacity to laugh. He was clutching his stomach and his face was as red as a tomato as he guffawed relentlessly.

Glaring at him, I said, “Are you kidding me, Carson? I can’t believe you have the nerve to laugh after the way you just treated her.”

Carson shook his head and then slammed himself down onto his chair, still laughing like an idiot.

“Alright, what the hell just happened to Juliet?” asked a rather high-pitched, angry-sounding voice from behind me.

 I turned around and saw a not-too-pleased looking Ivy standing before me.

“Carson’s what’s happened,” I said, pursing my lips as I pointed towards my asshole-of-a-friend. I suddenly noticed that Lola was still here. She was being unusually quiet—actually, scratch that; Lola’s always this quiet. Unlike her friends, I can tell that Lola’s more of the sweet, ‘keep-to-myself’ kind who doesn’t really like to butt into conversations and such.

“Him again?” asked Ivy, in annoyance, as she glared at him.

Huh, interesting—I had always thought that Ivy had a soft spot for him.

“Yes, him again,” I repeated.

Ivy sat herself down onto Juliet’s chair and then turned her body around so she could face me. “What happened?”

“Let’s just say that Juliet was trying to be nice and ask what Carson here was eating and Carson, being the ass that he is, took it the wrong way and called her a ‘sanctimonious b-word’ and then all hell broke loose,” I said.