Chapter Two

"So, Hana offered me a job at the bar." Jimin tapped his index finger along the glass cup between his hands. "Since I don't have my bartending license, she said I should get it first before I start working there."
"Oh, so you've already decided you want the job?" A lively being known as Hoseok, asked.
"Yeah, it sounds like it'll be fun. Every time I see her at work, she looks like she's having a great time." Jimin smiled at the thought of conversing with regular costumers while mixing drinks. The job didn't seem like it would be that bad at all.
"Hana's really outgoing, though. That's probably how she gets so many customers."
"You're outgoing too. In fact, you're outgoing enough for a small village."
"What can I say? I'm just a lively person! Maybe I should try and work there. Then she'd have even more customers!" Hoseok laughed. "Anyway, your birthday is next week. Any idea what you want or what you wanna do?"
"I just want to have a nice time with Seung. Which is probably wishful thinking." Jimin sighed, frowning down at his cup.
"Is he still acting weird?"
"He's been acting like this since his mom died last year. I don't know what to do, Hobi."
"Aw, Minnie! Please don't look like that!" Hoseok stood up, rounded the table and wrapped his arms around Jimin. "I'm sure you just need to talk to him."
"I doubt I'd get through to him, since all he does is stay out all night, drink, and sleep. Like, right now he's in the room out cold." He shrugged as if he didn't care, but of course he did. "Hey, Hobi, how's that guy you like, doing?" Jimin changed the subject.
"W-what?!" Hoseok quickly let Jimin go, to shield his blushing face. "What guy?!"
"You know, that guy that comes into the shelter almost every day to see the animals." Jimin reminded him. "Has he been stopping by?"
"Well," Hoseok returned to his seat on the other side of the kitchen table and frowned a bit. "He hasn't been there for a few weeks, so yeah. I hope he's okay." Hoseok sigh, but shrugged afterwards. "Sad thing is, I never caught his name." He got up from the kitchen table. "Well, I gotta go. I'm supposed to meet up with Hanji."
"Wait, Hanji's been talking to you? I haven't heard from him in weeks." Jimin asked. Hanji was a close friend of both Jimin and Hoseok. But lately, Jimin and Hanji weren't talking for whatever reason, and it was beginning to worry Jimin.
"Weird, because I spoke to him the other day, and he said you guys hung out not too long ago." Hoseok nodded, still standing.
"I haven't seen, or spoken to Hanji for at least two months. Every time I try to call him, he forwards me to his voicemail. Did I do something wrong?" Jimin asked his friend, now worried.
"That doesn't make any sense. Why would he lie about hanging out with you?"
"I don't know. Maybe I did do something."
"You should come with me. Then you can ask him yourself, y'know?" Hoseok suggested.
"Are you sure? What if he just ignores me?"
"Only one way to find out."
--
"Hey, Hanji! Over here!" Hoseok waved happily to Hanji, who'd been in the process of shopping for clothes.
Hanji, a relatively short, blond-haired guy looked up and smiled brightly at Hoseok, waving back. "Oh! You brought Jimin along."
"Yeah, I figured it wouldn't be much of a problem if the three of us hung out today." Hoseok nodded. "Besides, since we're at the mall, Minnie can give us an idea of what he wants for his birthday."
"Oh, yeah. Your birthday is coming up! Let's start looking, then." Hanji grabbed both Jimin and Hoseok's hand, dragging them throughout the mall.
While being dragged along, Jimin wondered what was up with Hanji. He wouldn't answer or return his calls, but act like none of that happened when they were face to face? Something wasn't right, but against his better judgment, Jimin didn't bother asking.
"Okay, what about this?" Hoseok asked, holding up a shirt that was more his style than Jimin's.
"I wouldn't wear that even if my life was on the line." Jimin scoffed. "But, I bet you would look good in it. Wouldn't he Hanji?" Jimin averted his attention to his other friend, who was in the middle of being lovey-dovey with whomever he was on the phone with.
"Yeah, I'm with Jimin and Hobi right now, babe. But, you should definitely come over later. I'll make us some dinner and everything. Okay. See you soon. Love you."
"Who was that? Your new lover?"" Jimin asked.
"I managed to reel someone else in with my charms." Hanji snorted.
"What's that? The seventh guy this month?" Jimin teased, knowing that Hanji had a history of sleeping around.
After hearing what Jimin said, Hanji's smile faded a bit, and as he was opening his mouth to say something rude, he thought against it and smiled once more. "Actually, I've been seeing this guy for a couple months now."
"So, that's why you won't return my calls. Too busy with your new guy, huh?" Jimin laughed, nudging Hanji who only chuckled a bit.
"One day I'll introduce him to you."
"You should do it on my birthday! Since, I don't really have anything planned, I want Hobi, you, your man friend, and Seung, if he feels up to it, to do something together. How does that sound?"
"I'm down for that." Hoseok nodded.
"Well... If that's what you want, then why not?"
"Alright, then its settled. Let's have dinner at my place and then go out or something."
"Sounds like a plan!" Hoseok shouted, wrapping his arms around the two.