Chapter Twenty-Six

A/N: I wrote wrote this chapter about a week ago, but couldn't post it because I needed to get that last chapter out of the way, SO THAT'S WHY I'M POSTING THIS CHAPTER LITERALLY FIVE MINUTES AFTER POSTING CHAPTER 25 IM NOT EVEN SORRY. HOW LUCKY ARE U GUYS?? GETTING TWO UPDATES IN THE COURSE OF TEN MINUTES??? 

It was now New Year's Eve, and everyone had gathered at Hana's for the big countdown. Even Jin and Jungkook managed to get an invite. All was well. Except for one small thing. Jimin was consumed by regret after spending the night with Namjoon the month before. He regretted the act, and most of all he regretted the fact that he sort of enjoyed it. But, what else would you expect to happen with an emotional drunk, that'd been lonely far longer than he wanted to be? Namjoon offered the company, so Jimin took it.

Everyone gathered in the living room, laughing and sharing stories. Jimin sat on the couch, avoiding eye contact with everyone. Especially, Yoongi and Namjoon, who'd both been staring intently at him from the other side of the room.

"Hey, you okay?" Hana, who'd been sitting next to Jimin, asked.

"Can I talk to you in the kitchen? There's something I need to tell you." Jimin stood, still avoiding eye contact, and disappeared into the kitchen.

"What's up?" Hana asked, following him into the kitchen.

"I-I.... I slept with Namjoon." Jimin finally admitted.

"What?! When?! Tell me everything!" Hana demanded. "Did you like it?" She asked, quietly.

"I don't know how." Jimin sighed. "We had some drinks at his house, and then next thing you know, we're getting busy on the couch!" Jimin ran his fingers through his hair, not sure what to do at this point. "Sad thing is, I really, really liked it."

"Well, shit, Jimin." Hana snorted. "You better not let Yoongi find out."

"You fucked Namjoon?" Yoongi asked from the kitchen entrance. He only wanted to grab some more ice for his lukewarm drink, but ended up walking in on a conversation he didn't want to hear.

"Yoongi, I-"

"You fucked Namjoon." Yoongi repeated.

"It wasn't supposed to happen, Yoongi. It was a mistake!"

Yoongi disappeared into the living room to grab Namjoon, and returned to the kitchen. "You said you weren't interested in him, Namjoon."

"And, I'm not?" Namjoon shrugged.

"Then why'd you sleep with him?"

"Why do you care? You guys aren't together anymore."

Yoongi laughed a bit, bitter about the whole situation. "You're right. We aren't together, but you're supposed to be my friend, for fuck's sake! I still love him, and you know that!"

"Well, it happened, Yoongi."

"What the fu- do you even care about how I feel about this?"

"It's done, and it already happened, Yoongi, we can't go back and change it." Namjoon shook his head.

Yoongi averted his attention to an especially quiet Jimin, who'd been staring at the black tiled kitchen floor. "You don't have anything to say about this? Nothing at all?"

"Yoongi, I'm sorry, but we aren't together anymore." Jimin answered, hesitantly, finally looking up to meet Yoongi's defeated gaze.

"So, what? That's it? Is that you saying you don't care?"

"It's not that I don't care-"

"Then what is it!" Yoongi raised his voice.

"Yoongi, calm down." Hana spoke up, grabbing her cousin by the arm.

"No, I won't!" Yoongi jerked his arm away from Hana. "I loved you, Jimin! I was going to work hard, and win you back, but you run off and fuck him?" Yoongi asked, jabbing a finger towards Namjoon. "You know what," Yoongi started, pushing his hair from his face. "I'm not allowed to be upset. We're not together anymore. And, I guess we're not getting back together either."

"Yoongi, please don't say that. You know I still love you."

"I doubt it." Yoongi sighed heavily, and turned on his heels to see everyone gathered at the kitchen entrance, watching the four. "What are you looking at?!" He yelled at them. "I can't be here right now." Yoongi pushed past everyone and left, slamming the door behind him.

Jimin, without hesitation, ran outside after him. "Yoongi, wait!"

"Why should I?" He stopped, turning to face Jimin.

"I know you're upset, but we were drunk and it just happened, and I feel so bad." Jimin explained.

"Why? We're not together anymore, right? Just like you said. Don't let me stop you."

"I feel bad, because I still love you!"

"I still love you too, but you don't see me sleeping with your friends!" Yoongi spat. "In fact, I haven't slept with anyone. I haven't even looked at anyone, because they aren't you. I managed to accept the fact that Siwon is gone for good, and I managed to get over him in hopes to win you back, but come to find out, you've placed your interests elsewhere."

"I'm not interested in anyone but you, Yoongi!" Jimin took a step towards Yoongi, who took a step back.

"You coulda fooled me." Yoongi scoffed. "So, we both managed to hurt each other, when our main objective was to heal. Some luck, huh? Maybe we weren't meant to be together."

"Please, don't say that. I love you, so much." Jimin nodded, trying to reach for Yoongi's hand.

"Look how the tables have turned." He laughed bitterly. "You rejected me when you found out I still loved Siwon, now I'm rejecting you because you don't love me like you say you do." Yoongi didn't bother with moving away from Jimin.

Jimin gently took Yoongi's hand, placing a kiss on his knuckles. "Forgive me?"

"You want me to forgive you?" He scoffed, pulling his hand away from Jimin. "I wanted you to forgive me, but did you?"

"How was I supposed to compete with Siwon?" Jimin asked. "You thought about him day and night, and it was like you didn't even care about me anymore."

"So, was I the one being selfish, or was it you? I needed you more than ever, and what do you do? You break up with me and just leave! You left me by myself!" Yoongi shouted. "I don't know if I'll be able to forgive you. I'll just have to think about it."