Chapter twenty seven

Steven felt fear rise up to his throat and he intend to run to the woman but then a rogue landed in front of him and snarled. He tried his best to take it out as fast as he could but when he finally did, both Elder John and the witch was gone. He scanned around, his heart thumping loud in his chest as he started running around, searching for them. He must know what have happened and where exactly Aliyah was because his gut is telling him that she is no longer in the cottage and he must know where she is.
‘Steven, what are you doing running around like a lost puppy, get back in fight,’ Ethan’s voice rolled in his mind and he sounded wounded. He turned to find his father but he couldn’t but he saw his brother being attacked by two rogues and three nightwalkers. ‘Gerald,’ he screamed in his mind and sprinted to him, jumping and landing on a nightwalker, biting down on his throat. He released his alpha powers and the force threw away the rogues while he landed on another nightwalker, first tearing a limp off before going for the head. He pushed the dead body down and landed on his paws, snarling at the last one and for some reason, that one turned and fled.
Steven rushed to his brother who was convulsing on the ground and bile rose in his throat as he knew what that meant. He pushed him with his snout and saw as his brother’s black eyes started turning white. He wanted to stay with him for his last moment as a sane wolf but he knew if he doesn’t get away fast, he would be bitten by him and he doubts if he would be able to fight him, even if deranged. He felt the tears cloud his vision and he could feel the sob building up in his throat but he knew he mustn’t cry, instead, he should just fight and see the end of the nightmare so that his brother can be returned back to sane.
Placing his snout on Gerald’s, he closed his eyes and said his farewell before he turned and ran out of there, sending the news to his father through the mind link. ‘Dad, we lost Gerald.’
‘He is dead?’ Ethan asked, although he sounded strict, Steven heard the unsaid fear in his voice.
‘No, he’s been bitten.’
He waited for reply but he knew his father was in shock and would probably not reply to him again and so he shut off his mind link. He knew his mom would be contacting him soon, somehow, she always knew when something happened to them. Back then when the vampire prince had compelled Gerald, she was the first person to feel it and ordered him and his father to go check what happened to him and right after then, the news came that the Blue Moon pack was attacked during the mating process.
He doesn’t know how to share the news to her and so he would leave her mate to do the needful for her. However, with his tear-filled eyes, he snarled at the first wolf he came across and without a second thought, he pounced on it and ripped it in shreds, the witch the last thing on his mind as he tried to kill as many rogues as he could to avenge his brother. He should have heard him tied up but he can never do that on his own, his father would handle that, he was sure of it because there was no way his father would let his son roam around with rogues and risk the chance of being killed in another pack.
He was in killing frenzy, using his alpha powers to his advantage. But sadly, despite the amount he killed, he knew they were still in the losing team. The rogues just don’t finish neither does the nightwalkers and then talk about the Nebuzars that they hadn’t even killed a single one.
He saw Sean and Rasmus fighting side by side and at that moment, he remembered the witch and then Aliyah and so he ran to them to tell him what he had seen earlier. However, a commotion stopped him. A big grey wolf was attacking a Nebuzar and he saw how stealth and fast it was. He didn’t need to be told who that was and he felt the joy in his heart. The High Howlers has arrived, they heeded to their request. Another sight caught his attention once more, a man with long black wavy hair was attacking another Nebuzar with a woman who moved so fast that he couldn’t even see her clearly.
“High Chiefs?” he heard beside him and turned sharply to see Rasmus and Sean. “And High Howlers?” Rasmus asked and he turned to the newest team, wanting to reply to the man but he couldn’t in his wolf form. He watched them work tirelessly, all of them teaming up on a Nebuzar and after a long fight, it fell, its big body rumbling the ground. Everyone wanted to rejoice at that moment, it didn’t matter that it was just one out of so many of them but the fact that they can kill even one means that they can kill all of them
Damien spat out the body part of the Nebuzar and turned to Malachi, saying in his mind with his high alpha powers. ‘We make a pretty good team.’
“You are just figuring that out?” Malachi asked, not surprised to hear the man’s voice in his head, he was not the alpha of night howlers race for nothing.
Damien chuckled and replied, ‘I need to contact the alpha of the pack to know if she is here, she must be if they are attacking here in such numbers.’
Malachi nodded and set his eyes on their next target, another Nebuzar that was fighting the wolves of the pack and then his eyes shifted to the biggest of the beast and fear gripped him. “Damien, that is a two thousand years old Nebuzar.”
‘What?’ Damien asked, momentarily confused until he saw the beast as well and his glowing blue eyes dimmed. ‘That is impossible, their minds can never be controlled from what I read about them.’
Malachi nodded and turned to the man, sharing a look. No words needed to be exchanged now as they both knew that they have been served more than they could eat. But no matter what, they must defend Black wind pack at all cost as they nodded and ran to the other Nebuzar Malachi had seen first. They had instantly agreed to first handle the little ones before going for that big one, no matter what, they must protect Aliyah at all cost. The witch told them that it was the only way to liberate the lands and save their race.
The fight dragged on for hours and even with the High Howlers and High chiefs, they weren’t winning. The Nebuzars were taking them out in fast numbers and even Damien had lost a good number of warriors. It would be a miracle if they should win tonight for they were already seeing their demise. Ethan had confirmed that Steven was hiding someone in the cottage and from what they are facing, he bet it was Aliyah but they don’t know for a fact if she was safe or not. Damien had sent someone to check but the person reported that there was no one in the cottage but he smelt the wolf, which means she was once there. But where could she be?
The fight was intense that the men didn’t have time to worry about Aliyah and could only hope that she was in someplace safe because from the looks of it, Black Wind pack may not survive the attack.
As if they weren’t winning enough, the big Nebuzar suddenly got angry and started attacking Damien and Malachi and the men had to go in defense mode while searching for ways to attack the beast or possibly, a weak point. The animal grabbed Damien on his hind leg just as the man was trying to flee from it and it flung him away that the grey wolf landed on the watch tower, creating a hole on the wall. Damien heard bones breaking and he couldn’t get up for the time being even though he could feel his healing properties working on their highest speed to heal him. The only time he had ever been this wounded was when he fought the Dark prince and now this. How on earth are they going to defeat that beast or is it going to pick them out one after the other? He glanced up at the darkened sky praying that help, any kind of help would be sent to them, even if just this once.
He saw Malachi being strangled by the beast and in as much as the other high chiefs and howlers were fighting the beast, he could tell that it would be killing Malachi any time soon no matter how much the man struggled or the number of attacks their people landed on it. However, just at that moment, he saw something like a lightening bolt smack into the beast and it was forced to let go of Malachi and stumbled two steps back. The lightening bolt came and slammed into the beast once more, pushing it two steps back again. The animal let out a loud growl in annoyance that the earth rumbled and just then, the lightening paused in the air, and it’s face was reflected by the moonlight, making Damien think that he may have been dead and gone to the underworld for he just thought that he saw the vampire prince.

Author's note!
Please check my other book Come love a Stranger 🥰 ❤