Chapter fifty-nine

“Aliyah, are you sure about this?” Steven asked just as the girl reached to cut her finger with the penknife. “I don’t want you regretting later?”
“Steven, this is the only time I can do this. I have to use this mask on the mark before it breaks otherwise Edward would be charging here with all that happened last night,” Aliyah said, glancing at the boy.
“I just want you to know Aliyah, no matter what happened, I will always be grateful for this,” Sarah said.
Aliyah glanced at the woman and smiled, “it’s the least I can do Sarah, Steven has been really helpful to me and I will never shy away from anyway that I can help him.”
“Thank you, thank you so much,” Ethan said and she smiled and turned back to the medium size black wolf before closing her eyes and heaving a deep sigh. For a moment, she remembered the day she had met the boy, that blood moon night that he had captured her interest, however she ended up finding her mate then before they could even travel through their friendship. It took only a second to realize that after that night, she had never really had a communication with him again and that heightened her desire to heal him now. It would be good to see an old friend again.
Sinking the tip of the knife on her fingertip, she let her blood roll onto it before handing the knife to Steven who quickly at an inhuman speed, robbed the blood on snarling wolf’s lips. They watched as it licked his lips and waited in batted breath for the effect to take place. Aliyah could almost hear Sarah’s loud beating heartbeats but she refrained from looking at the woman. She found herself praying to the moon goddess to let it work, the last thing she would want is rising the poor mother’s hope in vain. Being a mother herself, she now understands the pain the woman could be going through seeing her son like that. She hates to imagine Asher in that state when he is older, if she ever finds herself in that shoe, she knew she would do anything within her power to bring him back.
“Mom?” her thought was disrupted by a weak voice and she blinked to finally take the shape of the naked boy in front of her. His hair was drenched on his forehead by his sweats and his black eyes looked at her confused. Looking at him, she found herself remembering that carefree boy from months ago.
“Gerald,” Sarah called tearfully as Steven opened the dungeon to let out the confused boy. His eyes were brimming with tears but he tried so hard to keep them at bay. Sarah rushed into the dungeon and hugged her son, sobbing softly and happy to finally hold him in her arms again.
“What happened?” Gerlad asked before his eyes settled on Aliyah again and then recognition set in. “Aliyah, what are you doing here?” and then remembering that he was naked, his cheeks turned crimson red.
For some reason, Aliyah knew instantly the reason for his blushing face and instantly turned around. Steven then handed him the pants he had brought earlier on for him and after putting it on, Aliyah turned back to him and beamed. “Long time no see, Gerald.”
“Yeah,” he chuckled, “you ended up mating the very night we met,” he licked his lips and sighed when he saw her shocked expression. “Yeah, I got back my memories when the news about you and him got loose,” he shrugged.
Aliyah nodded, that would explain it. She was shocked when Sarah and Ethan pulled her into a big hug. “Thank you, thank you so much, I will forever owe you for this,” Sarah said.
“I know it would seem far fetched judging by whose mate you are but if you ever need my help, never hesitate to ask me. Not just Steven this time, me,” Ethan said.
“Thank you, alpha Ethan, be rest assured that I will always remember that,” Aliyah smiled.
“Come, let’s go have breakfast, it’s been a long time our family is complete,” Sarah said, “please, join us, Aliyah.”
“Oh, it’s a wonderful offer but I will like to head back now. I wouldn’t like anyone noticing my absent and Asher could wake up any moment now,” Aliyah politely refused.
“Oh, that is true, I have almost forgotten no one knows you are here. Alright then, until next time, please don’t hesitate to drop by whenever you have time.”
“Of course, Luna,” she smiled.
“Now I wonder how long it would take me to see you again,” Gerald said.
“Don’t worry, when you have time, we can finally hang out together like we have always wanted.”
“I will always be looking forward to that,” he smiled shyly at her and Steven frowned seeing that. For some reason, he didn’t want his younger brother hitting on the same girl he has his eyes on, but then again, he can never have her, not with her mate the Demon king now and he better tell his brother to stir away if he values his head. Edward is not a man to be trifled with.
“I will take you back,” Steven offered when Aliyah got ready to leave.
“Um…you told everyone that you are leaving, remember?” Aliyah asked.
“Yes and I can always claim to want to know what is going on. Besides, dad can handle this pack without my help for now,” he said.
“Of course,” Ethan nodded.
“See, so, shall we?” Steven asked and Aliyah smiled. Saying goodbye to everyone, she and Steven left the dungeon. “Thank you.”
“For what?” she asked, pretending not to know.
Steven smiled, knowing she was playing with him and so didn’t say anything again and just led her to the secret tunnels. If they want to get to Blue Moon pack as soon as possible, then that is the fastest route they have.
-
Damien stood up when he saw the High Chiefs entering and climbed down the stairs to meet them half way. “High Chief Malachi,” he greeted.
Malachi smiled softly and responded, “Alpha Damien, good to see you again.”
“I can say likewise.”
“Do pardon our unexpected visit, we only wanted to see Alpha Alan,” Malachi said.
“I am here to see him too. I hope it’s not something confidential and wonders if we can be among?” Damien asked, of course, with all they have been through together, it is not necessary for them hiding things from each other.
“Of course,” Malachi nodded and with that, they went back to where Damien took back his seat and Aton had some wolves bring chairs for the five high chiefs. When all was seated, Malachi began, “we have not come to cause a problem, in fact, we have come to ask for a favor,” his gaze went to Alan and seeing the man’s agreeing gaze, he continued. “With each new day, we lose one of us to the infected. At the moment, sane nightwalkers are afraid to travel and feed because they didn’t want to be ambushed. You should know that although we are trying, it’s hard to capture every infected nightwalkers’ and restrain them. They are very good in hiding and seem to only want to infect every single one of us. If this continues at this rate then I am afraid they won’t be any of us left. We heard our prince’s mate can heal the infected and have come to ask for her help, only her can save us now.”
Damien sighed after the man was done. “You should know, Malachi that we came for this purpose. Mates are crying to me to save their mates and even I and Catherine has been trying for so long, we have failed to create an antidote. We came her to ask for Aliyah’s assistant but we were told by Alpha Alan that they don’t really know if she can heal the infected.”
Malachi frowned, he can remember vividly what Rasmus said but he didn’t want to bring him up, the last thing he wants is paint the picture that his son was spying on them. “Does it mean the news is false?”
“Not really. Alpha Alan clearly admits that she had healed two wolves but the thing is, neither he nor Aliyah knows how she did it.” Damien answered.
“So what is to be done then?” a high chief asked.
Damien shook his head and glanced at Alan, “like we had almost agreed, can we be allowed to see her. This is the future of both races now, Alan, if we don’t heal everyone, then very soon the infected Nightwalkers would start attacking again and by then, how can we protect our wolves?”
Alan knows what the man is doing and truth be told, even he wants to heal the infected wolves and nightwalkers but the thing is, he didn’t know how it works and perhaps they are right, perhaps the only way to really know is by asking Aliyah herself. However, right before he could give his answer, Scarlet stormed in with a crying Asher and by her confused look, it could be seen that she was shocked to see everyone in the room. “What is going on?” she asked.
“Honey, what happened, why do you look pensive?” Alan asked, going to his mate. If she was there then it means something must have happened.
Hearing that, Scarlet blinked and seemed to have been called back to her initial worry. “I have been knocking on Aliyah’s door since Asher woke up but she wasn’t answering. I got worried and broke down the door, thinking something must have happened to her, only to discover that she was not in her room and neither is she anywhere in the pack.”
Her news shocked everyone but Damien’s reaction shocked everyone the more as he stood up, his eyes a bright blue light as they settled on Asher. Right before anyone could ask what was happening, he whispered loud enough for everyone to hear, “future High alpha.”