Chapter forty eight

Just like Rasmus had said, when they got back to Sean’s apartment, there was no sign of the demons. “Sean,” Alan called seeing them approached and noticing that he was carrying someone on his back. However, his hope was gone when he saw the physic of the person he was carrying and he knew it was not Aliyah. Sean put down Steven and Rasmus put down Mattew while Irene climbed down from his back. “We have to detoxify the poison,” she said immediately.
“Where is Aliyah?” Alan asked as Sean shifted back into human and took the blanket that was handed to him by a guard.
“I didn’t meet her, she was gone by the time I got there. I only saw Steven and Elder Mattew like this and sadly, Gideon is gone,” he announced.
The other guard that had left to call Alan couldn’t believe his ears, Gideon had been alive and just fine minutes ago and now he was… his heart felt the pain but he tried to stay strong as he wondered how he would relay the news to their mother.
Alan shook his head, “I can’t believe this happened. How did they even get in?”
“They are demons, teleportation is part of their powers and it’s why they can be anywhere they want at any given time. If it was strange when Edward was showing the powers, it shouldn’t be now because it’s naturally the powers of demons, teleportation and telekinesis,” Irene explained. “Where is Asher, where you able to save him?”
Alan and Scarlet shook her head. Sarah and Ethan rushed to the scene at that moment and Sarah fell on her feet next to Steven. “Steven,” she yelled, “what happened to him?”
“He was paralyzed by a cat demon,” Irene answered.
“Then get Catherine, why is he left lying here?” Ethan thundered.
“I’m sorry but Catherine can’t help. This is not just a normal wolf wound or wolf weakness, this is a demon we are talking about here and only I can help them. But I will need ingredients to cook the potion.”
“Then hurry to it,” Ethan yelled.
Irene frowned, she didn’t like the man’s tone at all. “I am not your servant and so you speak to me with respect,” she warned.
Ethan glanced at her and as if remembering her status, he calmed and changed his tone. “Please, do what you must.”
“Get me the ingredients I need,” she said and went on to list it out while Ethan quickly rushed out with a few of his own guards to get them. “We have a big problem ahead of us, if Edward finds out about…”
“Now that is what I have been meaning to ask, he always shows up when Aliyah has even as little as the tiniest of cut but now, the whole pack had been attacked and not only Aliyah but his son is missing and he hadn’t shown up?” Alan asked, it was obvious that he was furious.
“Don’t judge him, he has no idea what is going on,” Irene replied but her reply only raised more questions and she had no choice but to explain about the female cats to them like she did to Sean. “Now, he won’t show up here because he believes she is safe, that is why I said we have a problem ahead because when he does show up and can’t find them, I don’t need to explain his current temper to you, now do I?”
Alan, now understanding the grave danger they are in. “Where is he anyway?” Aton asked.
Rasmus answered, “my prince left for his palace this morning, and I can’t even tell when he would show up here again.”
“Wait, I want to ask, what does the demons want with Aliyah and my grandson?” Scarlet asked since no one seemed too.
This time, Irene sighed and closed her eyes. “Last night, I had a vision about the demons causing a riot.”
“Why?”
“The demon throne has been left unclaimed for a while, naturally, every demon wants to bring the throne to their clan. Everyone knows that Edward has the eternal fire and from what I can understand of the vision, they want to blackmail him into giving up the throne in other to save his family.”
“What was the end of it all in your vision?” Aton asked.
Irene glanced at him and answered with only three words, “blood and chaos.” And they all sure as hell understood why it would be like that. Edward is not someone you force to do what you want, he will kill you and all that is of you to take back what is his.
***
Aliyah glanced around at the strange building she was in. There were cats all around her and it wasn’t helping that she can’t even move around and could only move her eyes. Different color cats have snuggled up to her once in a while and she just wished she could kick them in the ass but her body was still paralyzed.
A door opened and she heard someone saying, “she is right here my Queen,” followed by the sound of heels clanking on the marble floor. Finally, the face of a very fair woman with long, really long black hair appeared in her line of vision and her green cat eyes froze her more than she already was.
The woman giggled softly as her long finger with sharp red nails caressed her face, “oh, you still left her paralyzed, how could you, she is our distinguished guest,” the woman chuckled and then leaned over to Aliyah, biting her softly on the neck that she grunted. She smiled at her, “don’t worry, you will feel your body in three, two, one,” and at that moment, Aliyah gasped and sat up on the bed with such speed that she would have bumped into the woman but being a cat, evading the attack was so easy for the queen. “Oh don’t try sweetheart, I am being nice to you.”
Aliyah reached up to feel her neck, her mating mark was there but she still can’t feel Edward. “What did she do to me?”
“Oh honey, she only numbed your mating mark. To your male, you are perfectly fine and where he last saw you, but to you, he is not in existence, like you don’t even have a mate at all,” the woman smiled. “But don’t worry, it’s not a forever something. Since it was cast by Medlyn, it would only last three days. However, I hope to achieve my aim before that, if not, I will use mine and mine lasts months, even years. So no matter what you do, don’t annoy me otherwise you will be stuck here with me for eight months to five years. Depending on my mood when I cast the spell,” she giggled.
Aliyah tried not to show the horror she felt. “What do you want from me, as long as I can remember, I have never had problems with demons.”
“Oh sweet child, I have nothing with you but I do have something with your kind,” her smiling face turned dangerous immediately. “One of you ancestors had inflicted an unforgiving pain in my heart but I am not the type that pass aggression, I will never punish you for his sins. So, for the short time you will be here, you will be my distinguished guest,” she smiled. “How about that?”
“Since you don’t pass aggression, why am I here?”
“Darling, you are the ticket to finally achieving my long, lost dream. As you know, the demon throne has been vacant for some days now and I like every other demon wants to sit on it. But I can’t, not with your mate having the eternal fire boiling inside him. So, I just need you to get him to give up the throne for me, that’s all.”
“You want to use me to blackmail Edward?”
“Exactly. Although, I am hoping it would work now, I mean, it depends on how much he feels about you compared to his son,” she frowned. “I have wanted to bring the two of you here, with that, I stand ninety-nine percent chance of winning. But who would have expected Idrissa to work the same day I did, now your son is in the snake palace, so, if your mate chooses you over his son, then I win, but if he chooses your son over you, Idrissa would win.”
“What?” Aliyah hollered, all her calm seemed to have vanished. “You kidnapped my son?”
“Not me,” the woman rolled her eyes, “Idrissa did. Have you not been listening?” she huffed and tucked her hair behind the ear. “Trust me, I am as annoyed as you are but there is nothing I can do. I can’t go fighting him or demanding that he returns him to me. So therefore, I can only make do with what I have, you.”
“You must be out of your mind. He is only a child!”
“Oh please stop with the screaming, it’s affecting my lovely ears,” she sighed. “Listen, I did nothing to your son, if you want to get angry, do so at Idrissa, not me.”
Aliyah couldn’t believe her ears as she scoffed. She climbed out of the bed and walked up to the woman, staring her deep in the ears. “You think that kidnapping me and my son would get Edward to give up his powers? You must be dreaming lady.”
“Maleeka,” she interrupted, “I am Queen Maleeka, so you address me like that,” she smiled, totally ignoring what she had said.