Epilogue

Five years later.

Asher stood aside with a ball in his hand watching the playing kids. He wanted to join them but he doesn’t know how to. No matter how hard he tried, it was always hard for him to make friends and it was because of his stupid temper. “Hey,” he heard and glanced aside to see Anita, the only one that could stand being close to him without a worry in the world.

“Hey,” he muttered, glancing down at his ball.

Anita walked up to him and glanced at the children as well, “let’s join them.”

“I can’t,” he whispered.

“Why?” she asked and when he didn’t answer, she sighed. “Asher, you shouldn’t always be like this. Yes you have a temper but that doesn’t mean you have to shut yourself out. We all have a temper. Yesterday, I bit Loila for taking my candy, my daddy said I should try to control my temper and isn’t it the same thing your mommy tells you?”

Asher glanced at the girl, “your daddy really said that?”

“Uh-huh. Everyone has their temper and we all have to learn to control it, your own is not the worst. So come on, let’s join them, I’m sure they would love to play your ball.” She smiled, her deep brown eyes smiling as well as the evening sun made her red hair look like fire.

Asher smiled and nodded, letting her take his hand and run to the playing children. “Let’s join you,” she said, pushing Asher and herself into the playing circle. “We can play with Asher’s ball.”

“We already have our own ball,” one of the kids said.

“True, but Asher’s ball is stronger and finer. So let’s play with his own,” Anita said.

“No, we want to play with our own ball,” another kid insisted.

Anita frowned and then she picked their ball and threw it away. “There, you don’t have a ball anymore, so let’s play with Asher’s ball.”

“Why would you do that?” a girl started crying, “that’s my brother’s ball.”

“I didn’t destroy it, you can pick it up later. I only just wanted you to play with Asher’s ball. There,” she took the ball from Asher and placed it inside the circle, “see, we can all play with this one.”

“No, we don’t want to play with you or Asher. You are a bully, you are always forcing us to play with you and we don’t want that and Asher, he always hurts anyone that plays with him. So no, we won’t be playing with either of you and you better go pick our ball,” the first boy said.

Anita hmphed and picked Asher’s ball, “well, if you won’t be playing with us, then we won’t be playing with you either. And yes, you will go and pick your stupid ball on your own.” And with that, she turned to Asher, “let’s go Asher, they are not worthy to play with us.”

“Hey, pick our ball, Anita, you threw it away,” the girl said.

Anita turned and glared at her, “make me.”
The girl held a staring contest with her but she ended up crying and running away. Anita smirked like she had expected that to happen and grabbed Asher’s hand to leave but the girl soon returned with her big brother who looked ten years old. Anita glared at the boy when he blocked their path. “You threw my ball away,” he said.

“Then you should go pick it,” she said.

“You think that because your dad is the future alpha that we should be afraid of you, right?”

“No, you should be afraid of me because I’m me and not because of my dad. I can kick your ass on my own,” she pouted her lips.

The older boy grinned and then snatching the ball from her, he threw it away, much farther than she threw his.

Anita was surprised seeing that and she turned to him, “go pick it up.”

“Pick up mine then I will pick it up,” he said.

Asher sighed, he knew there was no point in dragging the issue so he grabbed Anita’s hand, “come, let’s go, I will pick it up.”

“No Asher, he threw it away so he should pick it up,” she insisted.

“No need, Anita, I will pick it up,” he said but Anita didn’t listen and pushed the older boy who got angry and pushed her back. But he had pushed her so hard that she fell and grazed her skin on the hard ground. Asher rushed to help her and when he saw the blood on her elbow, his eyes flashed red but he shook his head and turned to the boy with his blue eyes, “you hurt her.”

“And what are you going to do, cheap stake, run home and cry to your king daddy?” the boy asked and the rest of them laughed.

“Apologize,” Asher demanded.

“No,” the boy said.

“Apologize!” Asher yelled and Anita quickly got up and grabbed his hand.

“It’s alright, Asher, it’s not that deep and I will heal soon. Let’s go,” she tried to push him but he wouldn’t budge.

“Apologize!” he repeated but the boy ignored him and turned to walk away and Asher seemed to have lost it as his eyes turned pitch black and hollow and he suddenly grew five feet that he grabbed the boy and flung him away.

“Asher!” Anita yelled but the boy was lost then. He started picking the other kids and throwing away, his eyes black and devoid of any emotion. Anita started crying and called for her father in the mind link and soon after, Sean and Aliyah along with Monica came running to the scene and they were surprised to see the tall creature in the middle of the playground attacking kids.

“Oh my God, Asher,” Aliyah yelled and rushed to hold the boy but he turned and with a wave of his hand, slammed her against a carousel, her body denting the iron and breaking some bones in her. He rushed her then, like he wanted to finish what he started but a dark shadow suddenly appeared before him and kicked him away. Sean and Monica were happy to see that it was Edward and while Sean rushed to check on Aliyah, Monica picked up the crying Anita as Edward went to Asher who had gotten up and charging at him. With a wave of his hand, he lifted the boy midair and then he slapped him hard on his cheek.

Edward grabbed Asher on his shoulders then as the boy was growling and thrashing, his eyes burned bright blue and with his intense gaze, Asher started calming down and returning to his right height. His black eyes slowly turned blue and he looked upon his father, surprised to see him holding him. “Dad, what happened?” he asked softly as Edward slowly put him down on his feet.

“Are you okay?” he asked. When Asher nodded, he sighed, “good, stay here,” and with that, he rushed to Aliyah and picked her in his arms. “Does it still hurt?”

“A little, the bones are repairing,” she replied and her gaze went to her son who looked shocked to see her like that.

“I hurt mother?” he asked, his voice full of fear.

“It’s alright darling, I’m fine,” Aliyah smiled at him. But Asher didn’t look calm, he slowly glanced around the once happy playground to see everyone staring at him in fear and parents were rushing to crying children to calm them down. His eyes met the older boy who was so proud before but he cowered at his gaze. Knowing what had happened, Asher turned and ran away from there. “Asher,” Aliyah called to him, wanting to follow him.

“Don’t worry, he would be fine, as long as he is within these walls,” Edward said, holding her to keep her from moving as her bones repaired.

“It’s making appearance often these days,” Monica spoke up, “shouldn’t we be worried now?”

“We are always worried,” Edward said, “but neither Irene nor Hephzibah had been able to find out what is wrong with him.”

“But what do you think it would be? It’s not demon power, neither is it werewolf’s nor vampire’s and those are the three powers we know that he is born with it. The dark form with black smokes he always takes is not what we are used to. Could it be that there is another power inside him?” Sean asked.

All eyes turned to Edward and he sighed, “I don’t know. Every time I look at him, I see his three powers in his soul, there is nothing else.”

“But there is something else, I know it,” Aliyah said, sitting up now that her body is almost healed. “I didn’t want to admit it before but Sean,” she glanced at him, “it’s almost the form that Irene took when she was under the influence of Catherine, you know, that time in Black Wind pack.”

“I knew I have seen those eyes somewhere,” Sean clapped his hands in realization, “it’s almost identical only that he doesn’t have black veins like Irene and he grows extra feet unlike Irene who remained her usual height.”

Edward sighed, bringing all their eyes to him. “I have been thinking the same. I fought with her before I went into slumber and her form is what he usually takes but what I don’t understand is why that is possible. How is he taking her form?” and when he asked that, all of them stilled because that was the truth, why would he be taking her form?

***

Asher ran to the back of the dungeon and sat crying, the look on everyone faces flashing in his mind. He was sure he even saw fear in Anita’s eyes and to top it up, he hurt his mother, his sweet loving mother. Why, why would he hurt her and most importantly, why can’t he remember hurting her? Why is it that he doesn’t remember when he hurts people? What is inside him that is always taking control whenever he was angry? He sniffled and wiped his tears away forcefully.

“There, there, child, don’t be too harsh on yourself.” He heard and turned to see a woman standing a little far from him. She had long curly hair with beautiful black eyes. She smiled and took a step towards him and paused, “should I come closer child?”

“Who are you, I have never seen you in this pack before?” he asked, wiping away his tears. The last thing he wants was a stranger seeing him cry.

“Oh but I once lived here, trust me. I used to be a famous healer, in fact, I still am and I know what your problem is,” Catherine said, taking another step closer to him.

“No you don’t, no one does. Not even my dad who is the demon king or my aunt who is a famous witch does.”

“But none of them are healers, but I am and I can heal you. You hurting your mother today is just the beginning, if you don’t get yourself treated, then soon you would be killing everyone you love. And you don’t want that, right my prince?” she took another step, slowly covering their distance.

“You can…heal me?” he asked.

“Perfectly, and you will never hurt your mom or anyone you love again.”

“How will you heal me?”

“Like I heal everyone that has a problem. I will make the darkness go away, I will restore you to your true self without a strong power trying to burst out of you at any given time. You just have to trust me. You want to be healed right? You want to be a normal boy so that you can have friends and not hurt anyone that comes close to you, right?”

Asher nodded and by then she was already standing very close to him. “Then give me your hand, come with me and I will heal you, I promise. I am a woman of my words,” with that, she opened her hand for him to take, “come and I will heal and restore you to your normal self.”

“What about my parents?”

“Oh, they will finally be happy for having a normal son and your daddy won’t have to keep showing up everywhere to save the day. You will have friends, and you can finally play without hurting anyone, trust me. Now, give me your hand, come with me.”

Asher stared at her open hand and the thought of how he had hurt his mother and the look on everyone’s faces made him make his decision immediately and he placed his little hand in hers. Immediately his hands touched hers, his eyes turned black and Catherine smiled.

Book 3: His Mate: Prince Asher.

Now available in Goodnovel, Bravonovel, Dreame, Joyread and Novelcat.