Chapter forty six

"Steven please, ask her. It's the list she can do for you after all the troubles you suffered for her," Sarah said to Steven as he paced around in the room he was given. "Please son, you promised me to bring him back, this is how you can do that. Just ask her, it's not a big deal. She just have to do it like she did for that other guy, please Steven."
"Steven, your mother is right," Ethan sighed and sat up from the bed to go to his son. Placing a hand on his shoulder, his black eyes met with Steven's. "It's not too much to ask, let it be her payment to you for all the things you have done for her. This is your brother we are talking about here, not a random wolf. I mean, we are not asking her to heal every wolf in the dungeon, at least not until we see her healing her father's wolves. Just for your brother, or don't you miss him? Don't you miss your brother?"
Steven sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. "I have just been contemplating about that but when I didn't see her go to the dungeon to heal anyone, I knew I have to calm down and not rush her."
"It's not rushing her," Sarah commented.
"I know mom but I don't want to force her, I don't want it to be like we are taking advantage of her," Steven replied.
"Look at what you are saying, did you ask for our permission when you brought her into our pack? No, so why does it have to be different now with her?"
"It's different mom, I made the decision myself, she didn't suggest it to me. Aliyah knows that Gerald was bitten, if she wants to help, I don't want to be the one to tell her to. I would like it to be a decision she made herself so that if there is going to be any consequences, she would bear it with her head held high like I did mine. Honestly, I want Gerlad back too, but I don't want to rush things and act out of the line. I really hope you will understand that."
"Steven..." Ethan began.
"Dad please," he interrupted, "let me follow my heart like I have been doing these past months and as you can see, I haven't made any mistake." Saying that, he glanced at his tearful mom and sighed before leaving the room. The bright morning sun landed on him as soon as he stepped out and he squinted his eyes to get used to the light. Doing that, he saw someone walking past the training ground and he frowned. The training was over more than two hours ago, who could that be? It wouldn't have been a problem to him if it was not the fact that the person was glancing around them as they walked.
He tapped into his alpha powers and his vision immediately enhanced and all it took was a second for him to recognize the person immediately. However, recognizing the person didn't bring down his suspicion, rather, it increased it and without thinking twice, he grabbed the handrails and leaped over it, landing on the ground and cracked his neck before running after her. Not at all bothered that he had just jumped down from the balcony of a three-story building.
He hid behind the pine trees and watched as she went straight for the dungeon. The guards there nodded in respect for her, letting her pass and his frown increased. What is she doing and acting all suspicious for? He wondered and gave her two minutes gap before approaching the dungeon doors. The guards stopped him like he knew they would. "Future alpha Steven of the Black Wind Pack, you have no business in our dungeon and I would advise you to turn around and leave."
"Calm down, it's not a fight. I just want to know what she is up to," Steven replied.
"I'm sorry but she has every right to be here than you, please turn back before we will have to use other measures."
"Listen, I know Alpha Alan made you hold a tight security here to avoid what happened last time, but don't you think letting her go inside on her own is more dangerous? Need I remind you that every deranged rogue wants her and not only did you send her into the den of deranged wolves, you left her without a guard. Tell me, if anything is to happen inside, how can you protect her?"
The two guards glanced at each other, "Alpha didn't order us to keep her out," one answered.
"He also doesn't know that she would be here," Steven replied while crossing his arms on his chest and raising an eyebrow, waiting for them to think about what he said and then giving in to him.
"Well, everyone knows that you have only protected her so you can pass this time," the first guard said.
Steven smiled and nodded, "thanks," before going inside the dungeon. He heard the growling of a wolf immediately and he snarled at it before walking past the cell and peeking roll after roll to find Aliyah. Getting to the last roll of the dungeon, he finally saw her standing in front of a cell with a brown wolf growling and biting onto the cage in order to set itself free. The eyes looked like it was glazed over with white paint, just like every other deranged wolf and nightwalker. He stood, watching her, wondering what made that particular wolf different from the rest she had passed.
He saw her bring up her hand and then fetching a pen knife, she reached to cut herself. "What the hell are you doing?" he finally asked, storming towards her to stop her from hurting herself.
"Steven, what are you doing here?" Aliyah turned to him, surprised to see him but also relieved that it was just him.
"What were planning to do?" he asked, ignoring her question.
Aliyah sighed and glanced at the wolf that was still growling and thrashing in the cell, fighting to get off. "I just want to confirm what Irene told me."
"And what is that?"
Aliyah glanced at him, looking solemn. "I know you must be thinking of me as a bad friend, Steven."
Steven frowned on hearing that, "why on earth would you think that?"
"Listen, I know that Gerald is deranged now and with the rumor going on that I can heal them, I know you must be waiting for me to bring up about healing him too."
"Aliyah come on, you don't..."
"Steven," Aliyah smiled, "I can see through you. You may not have asked me but that is what every reasonable person would want, after all, who would want his brother to remain deranged forever. I want to heal Gerald for you, it's the least I can do but the thing is, I don't know how I healed Eric and yesterday, Irene had told me something that although made sense still sounds absurd and I can't give you hope of healing Gerald without testing what she said and confirming it."
"What did she say?"
"That Eric had bitten me that night and my blood was what healed him."
"What?"
Aliyah nodded, "I have to test-run it and see how through it is before we can go heal Gerald."
Steven nodded, "alright, but are you sure you want to do this?"
"Steven, I told you that I would do anything for you, helping you bring your brother back is what I know you need the most and it's the least I can do. Assuming it all works out."
Steven smiled, "thank you Aliyah."
She smiled and turned back to the wolf. "Now, it doesn't have to be big, just a little cut after all, it was just a drop that healed Eric and also, the smaller the cut, the bigger chance I have to prevent Edward from barging in here." She bit her lower lip and cut herself, then she positioned the cut on the knife, getting drops of blood on it and approached the cell.
The wolf snarled and bared its teeth before biting onto the rod again. "Here, let me do it, I don't trust him one bit," Steven said and took the knife from her. As soon as the wolf opened its mouth again, he quickly rubbed the blood on its tongue in an abnormal speed. The animal growled and slashed its claws on the iron barrier, trying to get out and Steven and Aliyah watched in batted breath. It wasn't long, they noticed the changes, the furs were disappearing and the wolf was growing smaller and very soon, there was an old man standing in front of them and looking confused. "Aliyah? When did you get back?"
"Hello Elder Mattew," she smiled and turned to the shock Steven, "now, let's go heal Gerald."

Author's note:
Hi, what do you think of the new cover?