Chapter fifty one

“I am not understanding Irene, what does it have to do with the rat demons?” Sean asked quietly.
“The rat demons are famous for being able to project anything they touched or project anything by touching something related to that thing by blood or a strong bond,” Rasmus answered.
“So, the python King has Asher and he is the one that involved the rat demons. Does it mean that he wants the rat demons to project Aliyah?” Alan asked.
“Yes and my guess, they want to use it on Edward, meaning that the cat queen having the real Aliyah means nothing because the python king now has Asher and the fake Aliyah. Edward would likely give up the throne to him to have them back,” Irene explained.
“Wow, he is smart,” Steven nodded.
“What do you expect, he has been ruling long before Maleeka became the cat queen so of course he knows the sly ways more. Besides, we can’t forget his origin, he is a snake.”
“My, my, so it’s true,” A voice said and Irene and the rest shut up immediately as they watched Maleeka and Idrissa scan around them for the owner of the voice. A woman suddenly materialized beside them and she had nine tails which was a shock to them.
“The fox queen,” Irene whispered, “why is she here too?”
“I can’t believe you two think you can keep us in the dark forever. You want to become the demon king? Ha,” the woman laughed, “and you think I am just going to let you.”
“What are you going to do, Beruka, con your way into the throne?” A deep voice asked and they all watched as a tall black man leading an entourage entered the kingdom. “Everyone know that the foxes are famous in cunning, so are you going to brainwash us to rule us?”
“I should have known you would be here too,” Beruka, the fox queen said in disgust at the new comer.
“Who is that?” Alan asked.
Irene shook her head, “I can’t tell yet, I don’t think I have ever seen him. But he does seem powerful.”
“What is going on, did someone call a meeting in my palace and I wasn’t aware of it?” Idrissa asked, visibly angry.
Beruka smiled, “the forest has ears Idrissa. We know that you have the vampire prince’s son and you are intending to use the rats to trick him into believing that you have his mate too, so that you can blackmail him to give up his throne, the throne that it’s very clear now that he doesn’t even want.”
“All the more reason he would give it up to save his family. Well played Idrissa,” the black man said.
Maleeka laughed, “looks like your hand is already full, Idrissa. We are the strongest demons around, how can you defeat us to be our king?”
“Oh don’t act all innocent Maleeka,” Beruka laughed, “we know that you have the vampire prince’s mate. You think you are free too? What, you want to rule us like you rule your kittens?”
Maleeka glanced at her and smiled at her but it was clear in her green eyes that it was fake. Beruka returned the smile just as much before turning to Idrissa.
“I didn’t come here to compete for the Throne,” the black man said.
“Of course you didn’t, Vertimon, you always deem yourself wiser than all of us,” Beruka rolled her eyes.
“When you rule the seven seas, you will be wiser,” Vertimon said and turned to Idrissa. “Hephzibah came to me and she told me of your treacherous plan. She also told me that she warned you not to do it but you didn’t listen and she saw a vision of your palace burning under the demon fire. Idrissa, I know that you want to rule all demon land but you must understand, the beasts are the true royal demons and demons like us can only rule our kind. I suggest that both you and Maleeka released the vampire prince’s mate and his son before he comes here. I was able to see into Hephzibah thought and I saw her vision, it was catastrophic. Not a single snake demon made it out alive. Let down your pride Idrissa and be a true king by stopping this nonsense.”
“Ah, just like I said, always spouting rubbish,” Beruka groaned.
“I don’t blame you, Beruka, being a fox, the only thing you are good at is being cunning. And I would rather die than live in a word that you are the Demon Queen,” Vertimon challenged.
Idrissa wanted to shun them away but a man came running out of his palace and they all turned to him. “What is it?” he demanded.
“Python king, I have bad news or should I say good news, after all, it was what you wanted,” the man said.
“Be out with it already before I make a meal out of you,” Idrissa thundered.
“The vampire prince, he saw through the trick and he killed my people that I sent to perform it. If I know better —which I do—, I will tell you that he is already on his way here.”
Idrissa smiled, “perfect, everything is going just as I want.”
“Idrissa!” Vertimon yelled to call him to order. “He is coming, do you not know what that means?”
“Of course I know what it means.”
“Hephzibah’s vision has never been a lie, are you willing to sentence your kind to such death? They will never reincarnate with their soul burnt by the demon fire. Do you not understand what that means? Snake demons would stop to exist, forever.”
“And what makes you think that I am going to lose? I have an unfinished fight with the vampire prince and if I can’t hurt him, then I will have to kill his son. At least, he will always bear that pain even if I die and it would be worth it,” Idrissa replied stubbornly.
“But you won’t be having the son, so how will you kill him?” Beruka asked and laughed when she saw their shocked gazes.
“Oh no, she has him,” Vertimon said.
“No,” Maleeka said, turning to ask a cat about Aliyah but then a commotion sounded and she turned to see that Idrissa had grabbed Beruka on one of her tails, preventing her from teleporting.
“My king, the child is gone,” a woman run out of the palace and announced.
“Give him back,” Idrissa yelled before turning into a big white python.
Beruka snarled and turned into a red fox, ready for the fight.
“Enough!” Vertimon yelled and the thunder roared but they didn’t listen.
“It’s going to be a big fight, what are we going to do? This would have served as a big distraction if the foxes haven’t already taken Asher,” Irene said.
“We have to do something, we can’t leave here without him and now we don’t even know if Aliyah is still with the cat queen,” Alan said.
Idrissa hissed so loudly and rushed Beruka but he was suddenly thrown away and, in his spot, a man dressed in black stood. His blue eyes glanced around and landing on the fear-stricken rat king, he tilted his head to the side and the man was smashed against the big python sculpture.
“Have you no fear!” Beruka yelled having already turned back into human, “how dare you attack in the demon realm you poor lowly nightwalker!”
Edward said nothing but his eyes went straight to where Irene and the rest were hiding and they all gasped seeing his gaze. He didn’t go to them but they saw it very clear in his eyes that he would deal with them later. He went straight to the rat king and picked him up, “where is she?” he asked rather calmly compared to the rage in his fiery blue eyes.
The rat king weakly pointed at Maleeka before passing out. Edward tossed him aside and turned to Maleeka, he took a step but a cat suddenly landed on top of his head. Without moving, he just burned it with his blue fire, the poor animal screamed in pain and jumped down but turned into ash as soon as it landed on the ground.
“No!” Maleeka yelled before flying her long hair at Edward. The hair wrapped on his neck and it could visibly be seen that it was strangling him and cats started jumping on him, scratching him and intending to bite him to paralyze him. However, Edward mainly enveloped himself in the blue fire, burning the cats and forcing them to retreat before he grabbed onto Maleeka’s hair that was strangling him. His blue eyes landed on her and he sent fire burning on her hair and it traveled really fast, going straight to her scalp.
The fear was evident in Maleeka’s eyes and it was clear that she can’t withdraw her hair even if she wanted to. She watched the blue fire traveling up her hair and was waiting for it to finally attack her. However, before the fire could reach her, a ball of water landed on Edward, quenching his fire immediately and Maleeka quickly withdrew her hair.
Edward’s eyes landed on Vertimon and the man said, “Prince Edward, calm down, we will sort this out peacefully. Trust me, your mate and your son are in good…” he didn’t finish his sentence because Edward suddenly picked him up and flew up right in the air where he stroke him with a thunder. The man fell and crash landed on the ground, creating a giant hole on the ground.
Edward remained in the air and his eyes reignited as balls of blue fire lit up in his open palms and he sent them to the snake palace. The fire consumed everything it touched and soon, painful screams filled the air and with each agonizing scream, Edward’s fire burned brighter.