Chapter thirty four

"Alpha," Aton screamed, running towards the man that was coming to him in quick strides. "Is it true?"

"I don't know," Alan shook his head, "but I have been walking around the pack hoping to find Sean and ask him but he hasn't showed up. And it leaves me thinking, could it be that he is with them or is all this just a fuss?"

"I don't know but the High warriors left last night and has not returned. The news is that the Black Wind pack had been attacked and the High alpha had summoned all warriors to help in the fight. According to the intel, the Nebuzars had been a big problem even for the High howlers and High chiefs until he showed up and ended the whole fight in just minutes. If it's true then what happened that day? Was he alive and we thought he was dead? I mean, he was in a deep slumber for eight hundred years."

Alan shook his head and one could see the urgency in his eyes. "I don't know but I do know that if this ends up being true, then I would be able to see my daughter again and Scarlet can finally..."

"Alan," a voice called and the men turned to see Scarlet running to them. They were both surprised to see her. Ever since the fight in the meadow, the Luna has never stepped out of her room and now here she was, running to them? Every wolf standing around were also shocked to see her. She was happy as she run, drying the tears that were trailing down her cheeks. When she approached them, she jumped into his arms and wrapped her arms tightly round his neck as he held her to keep her from falling while she laughed happily. "He is alive, Alan, I just heard that he had shown up last night in Black Wind pack. He is alive and which means our daughter is safe, Aliyah will be saved, Alan."

"Oh sweetheart," Alan sighed and held her, burying his face on her neck and breathing in her scent, how much he had missed her. How much he had missed her happy self. How much he had missed her laughter and how much he had missed her holding him like this like a child. "That's the news honey, that is the news."

Emily and Monica who was carrying baby Anita ran to them as well, their eyes held questions and held in happiness as they rested on Aton who smiled and nodded at them. Monica and Emily shared a joyful look, that news only means that Sean would be back home soon, they can finally see him after so long.

However, in the midst of their joy, darkness covered the clear blue sky all of a sudden and they all looked up at the strange omen. Scarlet and Alan shared a look, finally releasing each other from their hug as they wondered what could be happing now. Warrior wolves left their posts to meet them in other to protect their alpha and Luna. Wolves ran out of their houses, watching the darkened sky. A lightening drew and everyone gasped. It definitely couldn't be the rain, so what on earth could be happening.

"Send news, let the women and children be locked in the panic room," Alan ordered Aton who nodded and he turned to his wife, "go with them sweetheart, you will be safe."

"No, I am the Luna of this pack, I shouldn't run in the face of danger," Scarlet said stubbornly.

"Yes, you are the Luna and that is why you need to go with them so that you can keep everyone calm till all is settled," Alan said.

"Not a chance, I have neglected my duties for so long, I won't be doing so anymore," she said, her eyes getting determined as she looked up at the sky, waiting for what would be fighting them. At that moment, a man dressed in black appeared in the sky and Scarlet frowned. She looked closely and shook her head, there was no way she could be mistaken, "that is the vampire prince, isn't it?" she asked.

"What?" Alan and Aton asked at the same time and using his Alpha powers, Alan enhanced his vision and that was when he saw the man's handsome face clearly. Joy leapt in his chest, surpassing his fear of what they could be fighting. "It is him, but...when do nightwalkers have the power to change sky?" he wondered.