Chapter forty three

Aliyah went over to the clinic and she sighed when she saw Eric sitting up on his bed. His long black hair was cascading down his shoulders and his black eyes still spoke of the unbearable pain he had gone through. He looked surprised seeing her but he still gifted her a warm smile. "Hi newest mother," he said cheerily at her but Aliyah still noticed the pain in his voice.

"How are you Eric?" She said, her eyes going over to Natsha who was occupying the next bed to see her glaring at her.

"Aliyah, what are you doing here, are you okay child?" Eric's mother rushed to hold her hands, "you are not hurt any where are you?"

Shaking her head, Aliyah smiled at the tensed woman, "I'm fine, really, you don't have to worry about me."

"Oh dear, we have to," she said, "but I'm glad you are okay, really," she smiled and let go of her hand.

"You must be so full of yourself now, aren't you?" Natasha asked.

"How are you, Natasha?"

"How do you think I am? Your 'mate' almost killed my mate and I because of you," she replied sarcastically, emphasizing on the word 'mate'.

"You wouldn't have been hurt if you hadn't tried to attack him. Even I would think twice before trying to attack him," Aliyah replied.

"Oh, so you are in a toxic relationship then, I should have known better," she scoffed.

"Natasha," Eric called with a warning tone and she glared at him but didn't say another word. He turned to Aliyah and smiled apologetically, "sorry about that."

"Oh come on Eric, I am used to her, it's not a new thing and it would never be." They both chuckled at that while Natasha pouted. "I'm glad you are okay."

"Thanks to you," Eric replied. "But I got to ask, how did you do that?"

Hearing the question almost everyone had asked her in that day, Aliyah shrugged and sat on the foot of his bed, "I don't know. To be honest, if I am asked to repeat that, I don't know what to do. I can't even begin to fathom how that happened and you know me Eric, if I do, I will be in that dungeon by now trying to heal others."

"I know, but just calm down, take it easy on yourself, it would come to you. If it doesn't, then we will have to be releasing everyone to attack you one after the other," Eric said and they laughed at it.

"Bad idea," someone said and Aliyah turned around to see Irene standing by the door, "I don't think I have to tell you what would happen should what happened last night should repeat itself."

"I-I know, I was just...it was just a joke," Eric shrugged.

"He doesn't mean it that way Irene, he was just playing around."

Irene sighed, "can I talk with you Aliyah?"

"Of course, please excuse me," she said and stood up, following Irene out of the ward. When they were outside, she asked, "what is it?"

"There is something I didn't tell you and I think now that it was a mistake not telling you," Irene sighed.

Aliyah felt her heart miss a beat at that, "What is that?"

"The reason why you healed Asher by just holding him it's not just because of your bond."

"What else is there?"

"Aliyah, during the time I was performing the C-section on you, I had touched your blood and that morning when I went to wash off, I had a vision. It was the first vision I was having since I woke up from that coma."

"What was in the vision?"

"I saw you Aliyah, you were drained of blood," she looked deeply in her blue eyes, "dead."

Aliyah couldn't let out any reaction except staring at her.

"I didn't understand why it had to be so, how could you die with Edward around, he wouldn't let that happen, so I shook it off, believing it was just my fear and not a vision. But last night, I had a dream, it was like the vision. You were lying unconscious on the ground, your lips were chapped and pale just like the rest of your body. I had checked you in that dream and the only wound you had was on your wrists, like someone had slit them or you did so yourself. In that dream, there were countless of naked bodies, the only difference between them and you was that they were alive and you were not."

"But, what would that mean?" Aliyah asked with a frown.

"Last night, I had seen a cut on your neck, like a graze from something sharp right before it healed. I think that the way you healed that boy was with your blood. He had reached to bite you and just when his fang cut open your flesh and he tested your blood, he had healed. That is the only explanation for the naked wolves lying beside you and you dead with your wrists slit. You had healed Asher with your blood, because he is connected to you, your blood has healed him without direct contact. To heal the deranged wolves and nightwalkers, your blood will be needed. But they are too much of them that by the time you are done healing them, they won't be much blood left in you to keep you alive. There is healing properties in your blood for witches' spells. Now it all make sense, why he needed you all along, it's because he has always known that your blood is the antidote."

They stood staring at each other for a long time. "Have you told any other person about this?"

"No, just you but Aliyah, there is a huge price to pay."

"What are you saying, I can heal my people Irene, I can save them. I can bring people's mate back to them. I can save Gerald as a repayment for what Steven did for me, for us. I can bring back warriors that gave up their sanity for this pack, for every other pack. I can bring back normalization Irene."

"You did not let me finish my story, Aliyah," Irene said with tear filled eyes. "I want everyone back too, Aliyah. But in my dream, when Edward found out that you were dead, he wiped out the entire race. Every single one. You saved them just for them to die again and then he knelt in the middle of the dead bodies and wept, because after doing that, you did not come back. If anything should happen to you, it's massacre for everyone. You are not saving, Aliyah, rather, you are bringing impending doom. Take last night for example."

"No, no," Aliyah shook her head, "there has to be a way around this, we have to find a way to prevent him from killing everyone."

"The only way to prevent that is by you not dying. Edward came back from death for only one purpose, to protect you and should he fail, no living being would survive. I would advice you to think twice before doing anything Aliyah. I have stayed all day wondering if I should tell you this because I know the kind of person you are but I know that if I do not tell you, sooner than later you will find out that the trick is in your blood and not knowing what it would entail, you would rush off to save everyone. I told you this Aliyah for you to be careful in whatever you decide to do. Always make sure that you would walk back alive before doing anything, cause if not, everything will be for waste." Saying that, Irene turned and walked away.

Aliyah watched her leave and she was torn between doing what she believes was right and what Irene told her was right. She sighed and tucked a lock of hair behind her ear, pondering over what to do next in her mind and how exactly she has to go about it. Nothing, absolutely nothing hurts like knowing that there was a way to save the people you care about and would really love to save but you can't do it because that way would only bring more calamity.