Chapter thirty three

A woman with a long platinum blonde sleek ponytail landed in front of an ancient mansion. She was dressed in a black leather trousers and black leather jacket. The big black doors opened upon her arrival and the guards bowed to her as she walked past. Her knee-level black heeled boots clanked on the marble floors as she walked, her ponytail bouncing to and fro with each step.

She came upon a council room with a big black throne and a woman was sitting on it, dressed in black robes and her long black hair cascaded down her shoulders. The woman’s cat like eyes shone upon seeing the new arrival and she licked her lips in anticipation to the juicy news she brought to her. “My Queen,” the platinum blonde haired woman bowed and when she looked up, her eyes flashed green with diluted pupils and the woman on the throne sat up.

“I know that gaze, tell me, what is going on in the palace?” she asked.
“The day we have been waiting for has finally arrived, My queen. There was a fight in the demon palace last night and as I am talking to you, the demon throne is left unattended.”

“Finally,” the woman shouted and stood up, her black hair flew like water around her. “At long last, it is finally ours. The cat demons are finally going to claim what really belonged to us.”

“Yes my queen, that is why I bring this news to you. However…”

“What, what is it?” the queen demanded.

“I saw Gaziah leaving the palace just as I did. And since I know better, I am sure he is relating the news to the Python king.”

“Shit, those snake demons, always getting in my way. Well, there is no need to panic, the one that sits on the throne is the demon king or should I say, Queen and when I finally become that ruler of all demons, I can finally get my revenge on those damned howlers. Go on, Medlyn, gather my kittens, you are bringing me that demon throne. It’s ours and has always been ours.”

Medlyn bowed and stood erect, “of course my queen, the throne shall be yours tonight.”

“I know, as long as you are handling it, I have nothing to fear,” the queen smiled and then sat back on her throne majestically, just like a cat.

Medlyn bowed once more before turning and leaving the throne. The queen smirked to herself as she thought of when the red throne would finally be brought to her palace and she would be known as the demon king, taking the title of royal blood demons and giving it to her offspring.

***

“She hasn’t waken up yet?” Sean asked, peeping into the room that Irene stepped out from before the door was closed.
Irene sighed and shook her head. “If I can just get her to wake up for enough time to give birth it would make it easier to treat her. But now, there are some potions I cannot use on her because she is pregnant and the ones that are supposed to help the little prince to regain his powers won’t work if not directly taken by him. Honestly, I am at lost on what to do.”

“What about prince Edward, how is he?” Steven asked.

“He has not stopped staring at her since this morning and had kept feeding her his blood, at this rate, I am afraid he is going to be weak as well. His blood is the only thing still keeping her alive, otherwise I…”

“What should we do?” Rasmus inquired. “If things get out of hand, we are definitely not going to survive his wrath.”

“What about Catherine?” Sean suggested.

“Who?” Rasmus and Irene asked.

“The best werewolf healer. I am sure she can help, maybe we need to treat Aliyah’s wolf to speed up her healing. What do you think?” Sean asked, “I can rush home now and get her.”