Chapter twenty eight

Not only Damien but everyone who happened to see that face being reflected by the moonlight thought the night was playing a joke on them but they watch the man fly in that unbelievable speed and land another blow on that beast.
“Sean, I am not going crazy right?” Rasmus asked as he watched the man fighting with the Nebuzar but Sean was also questioning his own sanity to answer him. It was like time came to a stop with only the Dark Prince and the Nebuzars moving. Those who saw him die couldn’t believe their eyes and it was hard especially on Rasmus for he had buried the man himself. And if he did that, then how can he be there? Fighting that monster and landing blows that neither the High Howlers or High chiefs could.
The Nebuzar growled and attacked Edward, slamming the man against the very watchtower it had thrown Damien and the man broke off the tower but right before it could crush any innocent wolf, he grabbed it and threw it at the Nebuzar. The wall broke in pieces on hitting the animal and it snarled, giving out a shrieking sound that made the onlooker to cover their ears to protect their eardrums. The sound disoriented Edward for some seconds and the animal rushed him grabbing him, its size was more tenfold bigger than Edward and watching it hold the man was like watching a lion hold a rat. But in this case, the rat gave the lion a big blow that sent it falling.
The earth shook in contact with the animal but it was on its feet the next second, its eyes were burning red due to its rage and it was obvious that it wanted to kill Edward and fast with how it dashed at him the next second. Edward went into defense mode, avoiding the animal’s attack while throwing one whenever he could.
Finally, the animal managed to catch him once more and he snarled as if saying ‘you are not escaping me this time’ and it started squeezing, hoping to crush Edward in its palm. Everyone watched with held breath, wanting to know how he would escape this time as the animal made sure there was no room for escape. Edward tried to free himself but struggle as he did, he couldn’t free himself but then his eyes started burning. Not the usual red glow but this time, it was blue, and soon, the animal started growling as smokes puffed out of its mouth, nose and ears. It let go of Edward but the man maintained eye level with it as his blue eyes glow brighter.
No one could understand what was happening but they saw the beast take retreating steps from Edward and whimpering in pain. It wasn’t long, they saw its body melting like it was being burnt from inside and very soon, blue flame started covering it’s body and in a matter of second, all that was left of the mighty beast was nothing but a pile of ashes.
The onlooker watched in utter shock. Even Damien had shifted back into human at some point as well as some other wolves. Edward wasted no time and flew to another Nebuzar, this one was much easier to kill than the other one and as soon as it become ashes, the others started running away, including the deranged rogues and nightwalkers. Victory scream sounded everywhere as everyone rejoiced, not at all bothered that they were all naked and the only clothed ones where the nightwalkers.
Edward finally flew down and it was then that everyone got a clear view of him. He was dressed in black pants, black turtleneck with a black long coat, similar to how he was dressed the day he had interrupted the High chiefs and High howlers meeting in Blue Moon’s pack conference hall.
Ethan rushed to Damien to offer him a blanket after using on for himself and Malachi went up to them seeing that Edward was matching towards them. “My Prince,” Malachi greeted with his head lowered in shame, after all, he was the man that stabbed the man. In as much as it was strange to see the man standing before him, he didn’t care at the moment for it meant that hope had finally arrived. They have been wondering how long they would have to live like this while waiting for the little prince to grow up and now, the goddess Selene sent back the only man that could help them instantly and he had just shown that with how he quickly ended a fight that they have been losing for hours in just minutes.
“Prince Edward, as I live and breathe,” Damien said, this time, it was clear that he was delighted to see him. People started crowding them as they all wanted to have a clear view of the man.
Rasmus ran out and knelt in front of the man, “My prince, this servant is more than happy to see you again.” This time, Edward reacted, his gaze went to Rasmus and he tousled the man’s hair before walking past him to the high alpha and high chief.
He stopped in front of them, his eyes going to Ethan immediately and he asked, “where is my mate?” His voice was soft and velvety but his eyes said anything but soft. His Midnight blue eyes held anger that those it landed on feared they would burn them to ashes like it did the Nebuzars. “I told you that if anyone as much as touched a strand of her hair, I will be killing first and asking questions later,” his gaze went to Damien and Malachi.
“Trust me prince Edward, no wolf has laid hand on your mate since you were…” Damien was torn between what to say. He can’t call a living man dead, now can he? “Gone,” he finally said.
“Neither any nightwalker. In fact, none of us has seen her since you carried her away that day,” Malachi added.
“My mating mark pulled me here,” Edward said, his gaze going back to Ethan, “she is here.”
“But, I have not seen her,” Ethan looked surprised, he suspected it but John had confirmed not seeing her in the mind link but a witch instead whom he holds hostage at the moment.
It all happened so fast but Edward was strangling Ethan the next second, “I said my mating mark pulled me here.”
“Then it’s right,” a voice said and they turned to see Steven walking out of the crowd, now in blue jeans to hide his nakedness. “Your mate is here Prince Edward, I personally brought her here myself.”
“Indeed my prince, we followed her here and future alpha Steven had been a good host,” Rasmus added just as Sean stepped out as well, now in a pair of jeans too.
“Prince Edward,” Sean called, he could feel his eyes watering over in his joy of seeing the man again in this lifetime, it means that it would finally be over, everything would finally go back to normal.
Edward stared at the boy and his blue eyes showed a sign of recognition before saying, “hello prince David, it’s nice seeing you again.” Letting go of Ethan.
Not only Sean but those who knew him were shocked at what Edward called him. “Prince Edward, it’s me, Sean,” Sean said, feeling that maybe the man has forgotten his name.
“I know, but that is only your name now. I see your soul and I know who you truly are,” Edward said. “You loved her so much that you came back to stay by her side, to protect her this time like you couldn’t before. But you needed not worry, I assure you that I am here to do just that and I won’t make the same mistake twice.”
Sean was taken aback by what he said. He knows the story of Prince David and his sister Mariah —thanks to Aliyah whom they have come to know now as Mariah, but he is saying that he is Prince David? The prince who started the great war to avenge his sister’s untimely death?
“Prince David as in our ancestor?” Damien asked, shocking the other wolves that couldn’t seem to understand what was happening and also bringing Sean out of his thought.
“Very much so,” Edward answered, turning to the man, “so you should respect him, he is your prince,” and his gaze went back to Sean, “she is here?”
Sean nodded, too shocked by the new revelation to now to say a word.
“Except I don’t know if she still is,” Steven shocked everyone by saying and Edward’s icy glare landed on him.
“Meaning?” he asked.
“I saw the witch being led out by one of our elders, she looked scared and her eyes were searching around frantically. I couldn’t go to her because I ended up being held in a fight and also, she wouldn’t have recognized me. She had been unconscious throughout the time they have been here.”
“Irene is awake?” Rasmus said, finally getting up from where he knelt.
Steven nodded and turned to his father, “dad summon Elder John to bring out the witch, I know he has her somewhere.”
Ethan nodded and immediately did as he was told. And for three painstakingly minutes, they waited why hovering on tenterhooks around Edward. No one, absolutely no one wanted to be on his bad side and finally, they saw the people they have been waiting.
Irene looked like she was trying to cast a spell but after trying and nothing happened, she looked up in dejection but her tired eyes froze and she stopped moving when she saw the man standing tall in front of her. She couldn’t believe her eyes as she started walking slowly towards him. “Edward?” she called, “Is it really you?”
“Hello Irene,” Edward said and even in the face of Irene, his face didn’t show even as little as a smile.
Irene smiled and shook her head while closing her eyes, “it is not really you.”