Chapter forty

Hephzibah appeared in a throne room and seeing the white-haired man sitting on the python carved throne, she sighed. “How dare you summon me, Idrissa?”
“How dare you take so long to answer me?” the man asked, standing up from his throne. “Pure blood witches are always full of themselves.”
“Why shouldn’t we be? After all, people like you need our powers to see the future?”
Idrissa smiled and nodded, “I take it you took so long to know if you can see why I summoned you?”
“You are a smart man, the reason you have been the python king for over a thousand years. So tell me dear king, what do you want from me?”
“I take it you didn’t see a vision then,” he chuckled, however, his face soon turned serious. “Did you hear the news?”
“What news?”
“That a nightwalker now possesses the eternal fire.”
“Oh, that,” Hephzibah shrugged.
“You don’t seem surprised.”
“Yes I’m not.”
“Hephzibah, you must understand that from the beginning of time, the world has been dominated by demons, witches and humans. The fact that these two creatures called Nightwalkers and Night Howlers only came in existence in exactly two thousand, one hundred and one years ago and think they can dominate us is abominable. How can I, a full blood demon sit and watch as I am ruled by a Nightwalker.”
“It is not in your power anymore Idrissa, the eternal fire chose him despite knowing his origin and besides, they are not just creatures, they came from humans.”
“There is nothing I can do but there is something you can do. As the oldest witch living, I want you to change this fate.”
Hephzibah smiled, “my dear Idrissa, aren’t forgetting something? We witches don’t do things for people for free.”
“Fine, what do you want in exchange to obey my command?”
“That is also another problem Idrissa. I have lived long enough and had seen and acquired everything I ever wanted that nothing impresses me anymore. There is nothing I want in exchange and since there is nothing you can offer me, I cannot do what you ask.”
“Hephzibah, you must understand that this is for the betterment of both of us. If that prince sits on that throne, he would gain the power to rule over every demon and not just that, he would become the strongest creature alive, what makes you think he won’t come after you? After all, I heard that the previous Demon king killed an infant pure blood witch to gain her powers. Are you not afraid that he would be killing you to take your powers?”
“The previous Demon king did nothing of such. He was a respectable man and was contented being only a royal blood demon.”
“Are you calling me a liar?”
“No but I am saying that your information is wrong. The demon that killed the pure blood witch wasn’t the king. Tell me, Idrissa, can there be a demon king without the eternal fire? The answer is no. Kaiden had gotten the demon powers through illegal means and even though he had the blood of the previous demon king swimming in his veins, the eternal fire rejected him. Eternal fire only chooses the strongest of demons as only them can protect the demon race. Kaiden may have gotten the demon powers but he wasn’t the strongest.”
“What rubbish. The Dark prince also acquired his demon powers through illegal means. He killed the demon princess.”
“Aye, and with the powers as strong as the royal blood demon, merging with his original nightwalker powers. He was already stronger and so therefore, with the death of the demon king, the eternal fire chose the next strong one and that is the dark prince. No matter what you offer me, I can never change this fate, Idrissa, the demon fire is something not even I will dare meddle with.”
“So you are of no use?”
“I will advise that you accept fate as it is and stop fighting with Queen Maleeka, none of you can handle the pressure that comes with sitting upon that throne. And incase you don’t know, other clans are now fighting for it because of both of you. You have been in reign long before her, be the bigger person and stop this before you brought harm upon you all. In case you don’t know, the Dark prince is not someone you should play with, he doesn’t joke with what he believes is his. Whatever plan that is going on in your mind should be put to a stop before you regret it. That is all I can say,” and with that, she disappeared from the room.
“Rubbish,” Idrissa hissed when he was alone. “How can I submit to him, after all he did? Never, I will find a way, I am a true blood demon after all and the power has run in my generation since the beginning of creation,” he spat and walked out of the throne room, yelling at the guard outside as he passed, “summon Gaziah for me.”
***
A black Maybach drove in through the gates of Blue Moon pack and the watch wolves surrounded it to know who it was as the car was not like any they have seen in their pack before. They were getting ready for a fight when the door opened and Sean stepped out. “Future Beta Sean,” they all yelled on seeing him and the commotion dragged Aton’s attention.
Sean smiled and hugged his fellow wolves and friends whom he hadn’t seen in a very long time. There were screams and happy laughs everywhere as they all talked at the same time. However, everywhere went silent when another person stepped out of the car.
Aliyah closed her eyes and inhaled deeply, she had missed here, she had missed the air, the serenity of the pack and the view. The last time she stepped her foot in the pack, Edward was with her and they had come to shatter their gatherings. Back then, she had wondered if she would ever be accepted in the pack ever again but now, here she was, knowing deep in her bone that no one would walk her out or arrest her for doing the most forbidden thing.
Everyone watched her, waiting for her to be done with her feeling of nostalgia and when their eyes settled on the baby in her arms, the warrior chief commanded, “bow to the future alpha of Blue Moon pack,” and with that, they all bowed, Sean included.
“Sean,” Aton called, finally getting closer to them and at the mention of his name, Sean stood up and went to his father. Although Aton tried to stay strong but it was clear in his eyes, the tears that were waiting to fall as he pulled his son in a tight bear hug.
Alan and Scarlet rushed out as well as Emily and scared Monica who was carrying Anita in her arms. None of them could believe the package waiting for them as none of them expected it to happen. After the Dark Prince showed up and left with Catherine seven days ago, they have lost hope of seeing them due to the things he said and now, here they are, in their pack, staring at them.
“Mom,” Aliyah called emotionally as she walked to the woman through the path that has been created. Scarlet was shocked and happy that she was speechless. All she did was hugged Aliyah so tightly while avoiding not to hurt her grandson.
“Is that my grandson?” she asked, staring at the black-haired beauty in her hands who looked exactly like his father with his midnight blue eyes that was scanning everywhere like he was trying to understand where the heck he was.
“Yes,” Aliyah nodded and let her hold him while she hugged her father.
Sean rushed his mate after his father finally released him from the tight hug and he kissed her so passionately while caressing the hair of his daughter. After greeting his mate, he then turned to his child who looked just like her mother but with his eye color. He picked her up and kissed her forehead and then hugged her, loving her baby smell that was without the wolf scent yet, momentarily reminding him of Milly.
“It’s not like I am not happy to see you both and my grandson, but, what about the Dark prince?” Alan asked just to be sure.
Aliyah smiled, “he let us come dad and don’t worry, we won’t be leaving anytime soon,” she winked at him.
At that moment, Rasmus and Irene stepped out of the car. Seeing the expression on everyone’s face, Aliyah rushed to say, “Rasmus is a nightwalker and Edward most trusted confidante, he would never let us leave without him. And Irene is a witch, a pure blood witch. He will not be comfortable without her by my side as well. So therefore, they would be staying with me, I hope they will be welcomed.”
“Sweetheart, they have looked after you all this time, of course they are welcome,” Scarlet said and they all agreed. Sean hugged his mom next and Alan held his grandson for the first time, feeling the alpha energy surging inside him immediately.
Unbeknownst to them, on top of the tallest tree around stood a man watching them, the agreement within him had been that if they were not welcomed, he would massacre every single wolf but from the look of it, it seemed that he didn’t need to worry.