Chapter seventy six

“He is coming for us,” Mary shrieked and they all started chanting to create a spell. As they were about to teleport, a fire rope clung onto their legs and with a force, they were pulled and smacked on the hilltop. Looking up, they saw the man hanging midair, his eyes were burning red and he looked nothing like the wailing man a second ago.
“Try, but you can never untie that rope,” Edward said, his voice soft and collected like he was just asking about the weather. “And with it attached, I will always find you.”
“Perhaps, now is the time brother,” Kaiden said, his eyes shining yellow as he grew extra five feet tall, his face red as he clawed his long and pointed black nails on the rope but like Edward said, it didn’t snap.
“Let’s take the fight where there is audience and bigger space,” Edward and in the next second, they all appeared in the center of the space and wolves and nightwalkers screamed, running out of the way. “I regretted killing you the other time, but now I wished I was able to burn your soul.”
“Why don’t you try this time,” Kaiden said in distorted voice.
“Oh my God, I never thought that I would live to witness two royal beasts fight,” Maleeka squealed as she clapped her hands in excitement.
Edward growled, his fangs elongated as well as his claws as the fire rope tying Kaiden and the witch sisters separated, setting Kaiden free with a portion and holding the sisters together. “This is to ensure that you don’t try to escape like the last time. And I am also hoping that your friend shows up. I am more than ready for her now,” and with that, he attacked.
“He is not taking his beast form? Why?” Maleeka asked in frustration.
“I think he wants to fight him as a Nightwalker,” Vertimon frowned.
“He is staying true to his original self,” Idrissa mentioned and the rest nodded in agreement.
Kaiden wanted to take the advantage that he was three times taller and bigger than Edward to squash him but the man was so fast that he kept slipping away from his clutches. He was small but the blows he lands on him were heavy and Kaiden almost yelled at him to be still.
Edward attacked from all angle, using evasive maneuvers with his small stature compared to the beast and so he kicked him on the face, on the stomach and his claws were slashing him on the back. Blood was dripping and even though Kaiden was healing, he never heals complete before another wound appears.
He finally managed to grab Edward in his big paw and smiled in satisfaction as he started squeezing his hand, trying to squash his face. He waited in a suppressed excitement for the popping sound that his head would make, however, the man pulled himself up and delivered a powerful kick on his face, forcing him to drop him immediately. Edward flew into air and turning, he started diving at an unbelievable speed. Getting close to Kaiden’s face, he turned and his foot landed on his face. The kick was so powerful that Kaiden fell, the earth rumbling with his weight. Edward didn’t stop there, however. He started punching him on the face until his knuckles turned bloody before he reached down and sunk his fangs on his big ear, biting it off and spitting it on his face.
Kaiden’s scream filled the whole place and everyone shuddered in pain for him but no one felt bad for him. The pain he felt caused him to switch back to his normal size. From the pain, he started laughing as Edward grabbed him on the shirt and pulled him up. “Go ahead, kill me, but the damage has already been done. She is dead!” he screamed on his face and Edward froze. Seeing the effect his words have on him, Kaiden laughed some more. “I don’t care if you kill me, little brother, I would die happy knowing that I took her away from you once more.” He chuckled with his mouth filled with blood. He spat it out on Edward’s face, “every day that you wake up without her beside you, you will always remember me, you will always remember that because of me, you lost her once more.”
Edward’s hand turned into a tight fist and Kaiden laughed like a maniac. “Go ahead, give the final blow,” he said, “It won’t change the fact that I won, somehow. Killing you won’t be as satisfactory as killing her would have been. And now, I am happy that I killed her instead, at least, watching that pain in your eyes is enough to give me a peaceful death.”
Edward watched him and he surprised everyone by putting down his hand. “It’s obvious that is what you want.”
“Of course, so go ahead, burn me with your fire. I don’t want to see your face anymore.”
Edward smiled, “then seeing my face would be your own purgatory.” Seeing the shock on the man’s face, his eyes glowed blue and he placed his hand on his chest. Kaiden screamed in pain but the pain didn’t last long as Edward released him and smiled seeing the man’s confusion. “I have not only taken your demon powers, I have locked your demon form as well. From now henceforth, you will never take your demon form and even Rat demons are stronger than you now. You, dear brother, is nothing but a demon human.”
“No, you can’t do that!”
“I am the demon king, I can do whatever I want.”
“No, kill me, kill me. I can’t bear to live like this, I can’t bear to look at your face!”
“Like I said, seeing my face would be your own purgatory for you are going to see it for thousands of years.”
“Fine, then I shall kill myself,” Kaiden yelled and then smiled.
“No,” Edward shook his head, “you can’t.” He looked him deep in the eyes and called, “Hephzibah?”
“Yes, Demon King?” Hephzibah answered.
“See to it that he is not allowed to kill himself, no matter how hard he tries.”
Hephzibah smiled, “of course, My King,” and then she closed her eyes and started chanting a spell in an ancient language.
“No, no!” Kaiden kept screaming, trying to get out of Edward’s hold until he felt something like light hit him.
Hephzibah stopped chanting and opened her eyes, “from now henceforth, whenever you try to kill yourself, you shall feel a burning pain until you pass out. And even if you have someone kill you, as long as the death is willing, you shall feel the pain as well. That means, you can only die a natural death and being a demon, even if the lowest, that is going to be a long, long time.”
“No!” Kaiden screamed and at that moment, Edward released him and turned to walk away. He fell on the ground and grabbed Edward’s leg, “please, kill me, kill me please,” he screamed and Edward turned, intending to kill him but Kaiden started twitching on the ground and screaming that he was in pain. Edward smiled and watched him, he kept screaming of pain until he passed out.
Only then did Edward’s eyes landed on the three witch sisters and they gasped in fear, “I believe you will handle them?”
“Of course,” Hephzibah smiled and signaled for her witches. They all came together to chant a spell. When they were done, bright lights left the three sisters and exploded in air. “I have taken your witch powers and by thus doing, returned you to your rightful ages.” As she said that, everyone noticed that the three beautiful witches were now old hags with face full of wrinkles and Rasmus recognized Mary as how he had seen her the first time in the palace. “You shall remain like this till the day you die and now without your spells, it will be very soon. Very, very soon.”
“No,” Merinda screamed in a cranky voice, “my youth, my beautiful face, no.”
“I’m hideous, sister, do something, please, I can’t live like this,” Mary screamed and called for Melissa. However, Melissa was in worst shape as the oldest. She glanced at her wrinkled and sagging hand and closed her eyes, she never thought she could be reduced to this and her hateful eyes landed on Irene who smiled and waved at her.
Edward walked over to Aliyah’s body and he bent over and picked her up —Irene had carried Asher during the fight to prevent him from getting hurt— and carried her to his palace. The only sound that could be heard where the crying voices of old women and everyone glanced up at the bright night sky, finally, it was over, it really was over and they all survived.
“Catherine?” Sean called in wonder seeing the limping woman that was walking to them. He started running to meet and help her.
“Sean no,” Irene said, “I won’t do that if I were you,” she shook her head.
“But she is Catherine, she is our healer,” he said.
“And where was she during this whole thing?” Irene raised an eyebrow.
Edward turned then and when his eyes landed on the woman, he remembered her immediately and remembered her through form. “Have you come to finish the fight? I did not recognize you during the fight but I saw you and right before I fell asleep, I remembered where I have seen you.”
“What are you saying, Prince Edward?” Sean asked confused as well as Steven, Aton, Damien and the rest of the wolves that recognized the famous healer.
Seeing that with Edward around, she cannot sneak back into the pack like she had wanted, Catherine shade off her disguise and stood erect with a smirk on her face. “Guess a demon king is a demon king,” she chuckled. “You may think you have won prince Edward, but I am not the type to give up easily. One day your throne or your son shall be mine, mark my words, Prince Edward, one day,” she laughed then and twirling, she vanished, leaving a cloud of smoke and stupefied onlookers.
“And I will be ready,” Edward replied and turned around, carrying Aliyah into his palace.
“Catherine has been the enemy all along?” Damien whispered, to shocked to even process his thought and the rest of the wolves where in the same boat with him.

Author's note:
See, I made you read the fight without waiting. I tried didn't I?
Please follow me here and also my Instagram account @goodnessshadrach so that you would be notified whenever I have a new story 😊