Shot Pt 3

It had been 5 months since Peter Lewis was spotted outside Jack's. 5 months since Hotch went into WITSEC. The team was crumbling down. they had yet to decide a new leader. Rossi didn't want it. Derek was the first option, but he didn't have all the leadership qualities needed. JJ had just recently given birth. Reid was to naive for the job. and Tara Lewis and Stephen Walker was to new to the team to lead it. 

/////

This morning Tara was the first into the office, at first glance everything was normal until she noticed the manila envelope sitting on her desk. SHe emptied out the contents and found several photos, of a woman, who she couldn't quite place. Along with that there was a note. 

'Happy Birthday' 

She immediately picked up her phone and dialed Rossi's number, and told him to get the team in now and that she would explain once they got here.  

/////

Once the team was gathered in the conference room, Tara spread the photos along the table. Stephen joined them and said he found an envelope outside his front door, also spread its contents along the table.

Morgan was the first to pick one up. "What the hell?"

Reid confirms by saying, "Emily"

"Where is she?" Garcia asks

"By looking at the surroundings in the images I would say a country in Europe, most likely with English for the main language." Reid says.

"What's the point of sending us the images?" JJ asks

"He's taunting us" Morgan says angered, "Letting us know he found her before we did"

"Let's not get ahead, there are photos of her everywhere, at home, at the coffee shop, in her car. He has been watching her for a while. So our first thing to do would be to find and  contact her." Rossi says walking out of the room.

/////

After a while of awkward silence, Rossi walks back in."So i talked to the director, and he said he was going to make a call"

Tara was overly confused about the situation, "So Agent Prentiss just disappeared?"

"and you guys had on idea why?" Stephen added.

"Well it was 4 Years ago, almost 5, she had been acting strange for weeks. Then we got an arrest report saying she had shot someone" JJ informs her.

"Hotch and Morgan went to the precinct to talk to her, but she had already been taken out" Reid continues on.

"We haven't seen or heard from her since, haven't been able to locate her" Garcia said.

"Me and Hotch figured that she had been taken into witness protection program" Rossi admits

"Where were we when you had this conversation?" Morgan says.

"Morgan, when sure left the team was angry, you most of all, you were her partner-" Rossi start a bit gets cut off.

"Exactly, she was my partner, for 5 years, and she just leaves without a word." Morgan says angrily.

"Morgan, we don't know why she left, right now we just need to wait until director gets back to me with an explanation."

/////

The next day the team is on bright and early, in hope to find more on Scratch. At about 11 am the elevator doors opened, and walked out 2 people both familer to the team, who was currently gathered in the bullpen.

All heads turned their way when Emily Prentiss and Jonathan Mathers walked into the room.

"BAU team, I think this person right her would be helpful to you" the director said gesturing to Emily, "And Emily let me know if you need anyhing" He said then walkes out.

The political mask that Emily wore, dropped the second she turned to have her former team. "I am so sorry" she says.

"Sorry?" Morgan scoffs

"Morgan I am sorry for what I put you guys through, and I know you guys have questions, and I will answer them but after we really need to get to work on this case" Emily explains

"So them we are supposed to act like everything's okay? Emily you left us, so have any idea what we have been through. JJ was tortured, Reid went to jail, and Hotch, well I think this might be the last straw for him. So are just going forget the fact that you left us? " Morgan yells.

After a moment of silence, Reid asks," Where were you?"

"London"

"Why did you leave?" Garcia asks

"It wasn't safe for me to be here anymore"

"Who did you kill?" Morgan asks

"What?"

"We saw the arrest reports, in Du Pont circle who did you kill?" Morgan clarifies

"I can't tell you that"

"Why?" Morgan pushes

"Because it's classified"

"We couldn't find anything under Emily Prentiss, so what's your name?" Garcia asks.

"Let's move into the round table room and continue"