A Way Out

A Way Out.

That is what he needed. He looked at Mauve's body, the floor stained blood red. Just as he goes to touch her, she dissappears from view and he wake up. He had had this recurring nightmare for a week.

It had been a week since Mauve died, and every thing was lost. He was getting calls from the BAU every day, knocks on his door, but he didn't care. They didn't know how this felt. The first time he saw her was also the last.

He just wanted a way out. He had one. He always had a fail safe. A bottle and a siringe hidden in the floor boards under his bed. He knew if he started he would never stop.

So he booked himself a one way ticket. To London. To the one person he hoped would understand. The one person who knew what it was like to see the person you loved die right in front of them.

Now he was sitting in the corridor of a cold London apartment. He had no idea if she was even in London but for his sake he really wished she was.

It was about 2 am when he heard heels clicking. "Spencer?" Emily asked as she came into view. "What are you doing here?" She asked softly kneeling down. She could see the hurt in his eyes. "Your freezing let's get you inside"

She opens the door and guides him to her couch. She turn on the heating, takes of her coat, and sits across him.

"Spencer are you okay?" Emily asks

"No" He says quietly.

"This is about Mauve isn't it?" Emily asks, when he finally looks her in the eye she said, "Garcia told me, I left you a message. I would have come to you but works been too hectic"

"I can't do it anymore" Spencer says breaking down. Emily moves to hug him. He continues crying till he falls asleep.

He looked like he hadn't slept in days. And Emily knew he didn't. She lay him down and put a blanket over him to let him sleep. She got ready for bed, but she moved to the living room and got settled in the chair next to Reid.

It was 5 am when she heard him yelling. 'Please, take me, take me instead. Don't do this'

She sits beside him and puts her hands on his shoulders and shakes him. "Spencer, Spencer"

"Emily?" He asks in tears

"Yes, I'm right here"

After sitting silently for a while they moved to the dining table where Emily made them both a cup of tea.

"Spencer talk to me"

"I don't know what to do" He says

"Thats okay, have you talked to the team?" She asks

"No they wouldn't understand, not like you would"

"Spencer"

"Emily you don't need to lie to me, I saw it in your eyes, when Doyle died, you loved him, there was nothing wrong with that" Spencer says.

"I know, you know Ian was different at home, he wasn't controlling, he wasn't a psychopath. He was kind and loving, gentle even. And yes I loved him for it. Tell me have you had dilaudid?" Emily asks

"I thought about it, but I didn't. I booked a plane ticket" He says

"Do the team know your here?" Emily asks, she his silence as a no.

"They just made it worse" Reid say.

"I know, but I'm glad you came to me" Emily says.

"Do you normally get home at 2am?" He asks her with a small smile.

"It depends from day to day" She says with a smile back.

"I know you have to go to work so I can just book a hotel" Spencer says getting up.

"No your staying here with me, I have a guest room, and as per work your coming with me" Emily says.

"I dont see how that will make things better"

"Just trust me. And I might just need some help on the case I'm working on"

While Reid is in the shower, Emily flicks a text to Rossi. Knowing he was the only one who wouldnt fight her for details. She told him that Reid was with her, not to worry or call him. She would sort it  out and then call them.

Spencer saw how much better Emily was since she left. At JJs wedding she was tired, sad and sort of happy. D.C no longer felt like home, she had made a new one in London. She had found her way out.

Spencer continues to help and live with Emily for a month. She was impressed with his work and he was starting to feel like this was home. It was like she read his mind because one night, while they were watching star wars and eating ice cream she asked him.

"Spencer. I don't think you want to go back to D.C anymore. And one of my one of my agents is going on maternity leave for a year and a half. And I was wondering if you would like to take on a more official role for the next year?" Emily asks

"Are you offering me a job?" Reid asks.

"Yes, I know it's a lot to consider-"

"Yes" He replies

The next day Reid signs the contract and hands in his resignation. He and Emily both travel back to D.C to talk to the BAU. At first they're a little angry, sad. But they understand why he had to do this.

After 6 months Emily gets Diana moved to London in a even better facility, and Reid into the empty apartment down the hall from hers.

After a year she hands him a full time permanent contract. Which he signs.

He needed a way out, and lucky for him, she was there to offer him one.