A Way Out 3

A way out. That is what she needed. She needed to get out before she would break. She didn't know how much more she could take.

Training made it look easy. There was one part of her that just said, 'Give In'. That would be so easy. She would be dead in a matter of minutes after. And all she would feel was peace

Another part of her was telling her to fight. Fight. Fight for herself. Fight for the people who would be affected if she gave in. Fight to see her son, her husband.

Will. He didn't deserve this. He didn't deserve what she put him through, the injuries, the late nights, or the early mornings. The overseas assignments, that's what got her here in the first place.

She should have never agreed to go. She had a choice, there always was a choice. She could have just stayed at the State Department, for a 9 to 5. But no, she had to save as many people as she could.

They would have found someone else, granted they may not have been as good as her, but the job would have still been done.

She looked to her right to see Matt unconscious on the floor. He didn't deserve this. She hated this feeling. The feeling that his life was in her hands. Anything she did, not only affected her, but him too.

The door suddenly opened. Hastings and Askari walked out. Askari walked in her direction, holding a laptop out. Hasting walked towards Matt and pulled the chains up. Now that Matt was in a standing position, he held a knife to his neck.

Askari pulled her attention to him when he slapped her. "Enter the code, or else we slice his neck"

JJ looked from him, then to Matt. She had 3 options.

One refused to type in the code, and herself and Matt, further tortured or most likely killed.

Two Type in the code,and most likely get herself and Matt killedand probably get thousands of others due to the information that they would gain.

Three, Put the fail safe code in,and that would send an alert to her supervisor which was no use because he was lying on the floor next to her, and to one trusted contact. She only hoped that this trusted contacts would get the message and send help.

But this plan also had one flaw, after two hours her captors would realise that the codes she put in weren't giving them the full access to the system, just enough to fool them into leaving them alone.

Option three it was, she was going to fight.

After she entered the code they let Matt down and left the room.She looked over at Matt, at the same time he spoke "why did you do that?"

.

12 hours earlier

.

Emily Prentiss sat at her desk at the London Gateway Office. She was deep in her work when she heard the door opening, "I told you I don't want to be disturbed today"

When she looked up she saw a Clyde Easter staring right back at her. "darling I don't recall you ever telling me that"

Emily threw him a side eye, "Why are you here?"

"Hastings was spotted"

After the Humvee attack the Americans had handed this case over to Interpol. They suspected thatHastings had used the Humvee attack to fake his death.They knew that he was no longer on their side and had started working with Askari.

"When do I leave?"

.

After 8 hours Emily got off at the Airport,her first stop was to the Pentagonshe needed to know what information they had.That's when she discovered that JJ and Matt Cruz had gone missing.

Her next stop was to the BAU where no doubt the BAU team was working hard to search for its members.

The moment she walked in the BAUwas when she got a phone message alert saying only one word.

Blackbird.

When she walked up to the round table room the same message was on Garcia's computer, the team was so focused on the message that they didn't even notice her standing behind them.

"what does that mean?" Garcia asked

"it's JJ" Emily says, all the heads flip round to her. "Garcia trace where that message came from, that's where JJ and Cruz are"

"How did you-?" Rossi begins, but Emily cuts him off.

"The Americans handed the case over to Interpol, when Hastings was spotted earlier today I got the alert and the first flight here. I stopped at the Pentagon where I found out that JJ and Cruz had gone missing. I came here straight after, knowing that you guys would already be on the case" says Emily

"I got it, A location" Garcia yelps out.

"Let's go" Says Hotch.

.

After being rescued, the team decided to head out for drinks.

"How much longer do we have you?" Hotch asks

Emily looks at her watch, and then says, "6 Hours"

JJ looks sincerely at Emily then says, "Thank You"

She needed a fail safe. Someone she knew she could rely on if the going got tough.

A way out, a fail safe, and fortunately for her, she was there to be one.