A Way Out 2

A Way Out.

That is what he needed. He needed to make sure that Jack was safe. He couldn't let his son be in danger again because of his job. He needed to do right by Haley.

Peter Lewis was smart. Smart enough to not get caught. Hotch couldn't sleep. Ever since he found that woman with his name carved into her forehead he had been getting recurring nightmares.He was letting it get to him .And it was affecting his everyday life, even Jack could tell there was something wrong. A couple of days ago Jack had asked him if he was alright,he had efficiently lied that it was all fine.

One week later. That's when he got the call. Jack's school had called, they had said that Jack had come running into the office saying that there was this weird man outside the gates staring at the children within the school. The school opened up the security cameras and once they had Jack confirm who it was they saved the image.Their next call was to his father.

When he got there he was directed to the principal's office who then showed him the security footage. As soon as he saw it he knew who it was, no doubt it was Peter Lewis on the video.

His first call was to Dave.

The FBI wanted to put him into witness protection. But he knew that that wasn't enough.

One, he couldn't put Jack through that again. Jack had already been through enough after George Foyet.

Two, He knew that Peter Lewis was smart enough to hack into the FBI and could no doubt find out his details in the WITSEC programme. It wasn't safe; he needed to find another way out.

The following few days he kept Jack home from school.And he figured out all the possible solutions and what would work the best.That night he made a call to London.

...

Emily Prentiss was sitting at her desk in her office even though it was 3:00 AM she still had not returned home. She had a pile of paperwork to deal with.She was so engrossed in her work that she didn't even hear her phone ring until about 30 seconds later.

When she dug her phone out from under the pile of paperwork she was surprised to see the caller was listed as Hotch.

She knew one thing, if Hotch was calling at this time it was not good news.She picked up the phone and the first thing she said was "Prentiss". At the same time she heard "Emily" from the other side of the line.

She knew from the tone of his voice that it was not going to be good. "Hotch what's wrong?"

"Emily I need your help"

Hotch knew he was sounding desperate but he was.

"Do you know how I can get fake identities for Jack and me?"

There was a long silent pause, from the other end.

"Hotch, what" Emily pauses again. "Tell me everything"

...

"We can't trust WITSEC, he has proven that can track them through it. And, I need to keep Jack safe at all costs."

It was the next morning, seeing since Hotch had realised that it was 3am in London, he had told Emily he would call her the next day. It wasn't even 9am before his phone rang again.

"Hotch I understand. I think your best option would be to move internationally, and obviously an English speaking one." Emily pauses. "What would you think about London?"

"But it's a risk" Hotch says, "Lewis would know about you-"

Emily cuts Hotch off. "Even if he does, he wouldn't dare to go internationally, even if he does, he wouldn't get one step in the country before I have him detained"

"Your right"

"I'll make some calls"

...

4 Days Later

Emily led Hotch and Jack past the Kitchen, and into the living room.

"Here we are"

"Prentiss, Emily this is too much" Hotch says to her, as Jack moves away to look around.

"Hotch, this is my house"

"We don't want to impose"

"You're not, besides I have the space and would love the company. " Hotch and Emily stare at each other for a good minute. "It was the best option, you're not going to get better security than this, and there is a school around the corner." Emily says with a smile.

Hotch gives in. It's 3 months before they have their first kiss.

Another month before their first fight.

Another 6 before that news of Scratch's death came to them.

Hotch and Jack end up loving it here deciding not to leave.

Another month before they sleep together. Looking back, they can't tell where the line between friends and family slips away.

He needed a way out and she was there to give him one.