Signs

Elizabeth frantically walks into the BAU. Everyone was currently seated at their desks. As they hears the foot steps creep closer, heads bopped up to see who it was. Emily turned her chair around and was shocked at the sight of her mother.

She sprang up and went to her. When she got there, Elizabeth just hugged her.

"I'm Sorry Em, I couldn't keep the media at bay any longer, they have aired it"

Emily looks at her mothers eyes and sees nothing but honesty.

_

Hotch saw the signs first. It was just weeks after she had joined the team, and she went of on her own. She left Reid alone at the Morgan household and went to find Buford herself.

When the case was over, Hotch asked her about it. She'd said, that she'd seen the signs, and she knew the situation had to be handled carefully. But the way she said it. It was almost as if she was speaking from experience.

Morgan was next. Once they had arrived back at home, Morgan went to go talk to Hotch.

"Reid told me that Prentiss left him alone" He says

Hotch responds with a simple "I know"

"That's against protocal" Morgan exclaims

"I know, I asked her about it, she said she knew that these situations needed to be handled carefully and that she needed to confirm her suspicions before, asking you" Hotchs says looking up from his paperwork.

"ohhh" Morgan says, "You don't think she was, you know?"

"I don't know"

-

Next was JJ and Reid. When Katie went missing in the Virginia mall, they watched how Emily interrogated her aunt and uncle. How she was so close to the line, but not quite over stepping it.

Rossi of course had an inkling and when JJ had told Penelope her concerns she didn't want to believe it.

The day Elizabeth Prentiss walked through those gates their suspicions were confirmed.

-

When Elizabeth finished Garcia turned on the news.

"Yesterday, was the day Former Stentor Prentiss, was tried in the High Court of D. C after being found in comprising situations with young girls 2 months ago.

Though we don't have any details of the investigation we caught up with Senator Prentiss' Wife and daughter as they were leaving"

On the screen popped up a video of Emily and Elizabeth walking down the steps of court, follow by 10s of reporters and cameras.

-

Emily never spoke of it again, she mentioned he was sent to jail and that was it. The team never presses her for more details. That was until, they were in Texas catching a serial rapist, who would only talk to Emily.

Emily walked into the interrogation room and day down across him.

"I need to know where your keeping the girls."

He smirked then said, "I'll tell you if you answer me 3 questions"

Morgan burst through the door, "You can't do that"

"Morgan we need to find these girls" Emily argued back. After a staring contest Morgan backed off. Emily turned her attention back to him, "What do want to know?"

"How old were you?"

Emily didn't even flinch, but she knew what he was talking about. "Six"

He responded my saying, "58" Emily wrote that down,

"What did he call you?" he asked

"His little pumpkin" Emily said.

He responded by saying, "Hill Road" Emily wrote that down too.
"What was his defence?"

"That I could have always said no" Emily said, her expression still blank.

"Dallas"

And with that Emily left the room.