Annual Gala

Set in Season5

"We have to go shopping" Garcia shrieks as she enters the bullpen.

"Pen, we just went shopping on the weekend" Emily says

"Not that kind of shopping, dress shopping of the Annual FBI gala" Penelope says.

"We get invited for that?" JJ says.

"Well we are usually on a case but this year Strauss wants us to go and show us of in hope of getting more funding" Hotch says as he exits his office and walls down the stairs. "And you need to dress appropriately"

"That means shopping" Garcia says.

"I'm in, Em?" JJ asks Emily.

"No, I think I should have something." Emily says packing up her things.

This situation got worse. She was a regular apperance at these kind of events due to her mother, herself and Matt. Matt went to Yale with her and then into the CIA with her. He was currently the section cheif of counter terrorism in the CIA. But she never mentioned Matt to the team. Due the thier jobs the less people that knew they had a connection the better.

She was never wanted a romantic relationship with him, she was 17 when she met him, 21. But overtime it just happened. They met up when both of them happened to be in D.C at the same time, which was rarely.

He had got a private invitation as well as her. So she had already bought the dress.

Finally it was the day of the Gala. Emily was overthrown with nerves. She only hoped that she may able to tell the team about Matt, before someone else told them.

She was early, she was sure the BAU wasn't here yet. She and Matt mingled. But broke of when he had to discuss some sensitive things.

She found the BAU around a table in the corner, someone was with them. As she got nearer she realised it was her mother.

"Mother" She said

"Emily dear, now how come I found your team before you did, it's been almost 2 hours, I hope you and Matt didnt do to much damage" her mother says to her.

The Team watched as it unfolded. They thought that Emily had decided to skip it, but here she was. In a long red dress, that went up on the right shoulder. It had a long slit that went up to her thigh on the left.

"Well Jeremy pulled me over for a chat, you know how much he talks once he gets started" Emily says, her mother nods and then walks away.

Emily takes a long breath out as she turns to face her team. Her political mask dropping.

"I need a drink" she takes a glass from the table not caring whose it was.

"What was that?" Garcia asks asks

"What?" Emily asks

"All the political talk" Rossi says

"Dave, if you had been going to these sort of things since you were 8, you would also have perfected the act" Emily says taking a second glass.

"I'm going to go and mingle" says Derek as hee walks into the crowd

A waiter comes around to take the glasses and put out 7 more glasses of a new liquid.

Rossi takes a sip. "You know this wine was made in France, they haven't given this out at a gala  since 19-"

Emily interrupts him "1989. But that years was held in New York"

"How would you know that?" Rossi asks her

"Cause I was there" Emily says.

"I was there too, but I don't remember seeing you" Rossi says.

"I know you were there, but u probably didn't see me because I was in the kitchen trying to convince the cooks to give be 2 bottles of this wine" Emily says

"But you were 19?" Reid does the math.

"Ried. It was good wine" Emily says.

"So did you get it?" Garcia asks

"Some idiot almost caught me, but I did get them" Emiyk say rolling her eyes.

"You rolled your eyes in direction of Hotch" Ried says

"That's because he was the idiot who almost stopped me" Emily says

"I don't remember that" Hotch says

"Remember this, I lit a fire on the stove as a distraction, and you threw cooking wine at it thinking it was water, before the cooks came and rescued you" Emily says.

"That was you?" Hotch asks

"Yup, but to be fair I was drunk" Emily says.

"All three of you were in the same place? The likely hood of that happening then you all coming to work here is about-" Ried starts

Derek walks up to the table, "It's impossible" he sits down, "They don't let me talk about the funding thing, and they just keep talking political nonsense"

"I totally forgot, we were supposed to talk to benifactors." JJ says

"Don't worry, it's sorted" Emily says, "Jeremy, sorry the Director promised to keep us in mind when more funding comes in, advisor the the president will talk to him for more funding for the FBI. And an analyst at the pentagon sees issue of serial crimes increasing. Therefore we need more trained agents, and money for that"

The Team stares at her in shock. "Remember I have had 30 years of practice, I know who to twist and who to push"

"I hope your not talking about me" a strong voice speaks behind her.

She stands up and turns around. "Matt I was wondering when you would be done" She takes his hand and kisses him

The BAU once again stare in shock.

"Who is this?" Garcia asks

"Matt" he offers his hand for her to shake.

"How long have you known each other?" JJ and

"6 years" Emily says but at the same  time he says "20 years"

"We met in Yale, and a few years ago we reconnected" Emily says. Knowing this was thier lie, since Emily at the CIA had been wiped.

"A dance?" He asks and Emily goes off with him.

"Who knew?" Garcia ask

She hears everyone at the table murmur a no.

"I wish I hady laptop, I need to know everything" Garcia says and everyone at the table laughs.