Choices

Life is built on choices. Every little thing we do influences who we are tomorrow. What if Emily Prentiss made a different decision when she was 15?

21 years later

What had she done. Emily had just given up a career at the BAU because of a one Erin Strauss. She never quite liked politics but they could come in handy at times. But these was not one of those times, she would not allow herself to become a pawn for other people's schemes.  

It's not like Emily needed the money, but she needed something to pass the time. She no longer had a child to look after, Alessandra was in her 3rd year at Yale.

But luckily she was home for the weekend. This meant that she spent time in Emily's kitchen baking, because in the end if it goes wrong Emily would be the one to sort it out.

Emily was upstairs in the room, trying to salvage her bitten down nails. When the door bell rang.

Alessia being the one closer went to go and answer. When she opened the door she saw a tall, brunette man in a suit, who looked equally confused.

"Emily Prentiss?" He asks

"Ohh yes, come in" Alessia says gesturing in and noticing her flour covered clothes.

As the mysterious guy walks in, Alessandra realises who he is. She had seen a couple of photos from a gala 18 years ago. He used to work for her grandmother, but more importantly she knew this because Emily had told her one of her Mother's old employees was her new boss.

As the the guy, Hotch, makes his way past the kitchen, he looks around, profililg the room.

Alessia moves to the stairs and yells up, "Mom, umm your boss is here"

"What?" Comes from upstairs.

Hotch takes in the woman Infront of him. She had to be atleast 18, and she practically mirrored Emily. But there were no mention of this in her file.

Emily walks down the stairs, "Alessandra this better not be-" Emily stops as hotch comes into view.

"Hotch" Emily says

"Prentiss-"

Alessia cuts hotch off, "Umm, going to go change, then I have a paper to work on, baking it done I have left it in the oven" She kisses Emily on the cheek and them disappears up the stairs.

Emily looks to Hotch and asks, "Why are you here?"

"I want you to come to Miluawaki with me, the team needs us"

"I'm sorry I have already turned in my badge and gun" Emily says as she walks over to the oven

"I know Strauss came to you for dirt on me-" Hotch says

"You can't prove anything" Emily says

"-and to your credit you quit, rather them whisper in her ear"

"Hotch" Emily says sighing

"Make me a deal, if you don't have your go bag, I'll leave you alone, but of you do I want you on the plane for one last case"

Emily nods, she gets ready to leave. She tells Alessia who is working in her room. And leaves with Hotch.

When they are on the plane he asks, "Why didn't you tell us?"

"About Alessandra?" She asks and Hotch nods, "with this job, I didn't want to give people the opportunity to use her against me" she weakly smiles.

"How old is she?" Htoch asks, changing the topic

"20, 3rd year at Yale"

"Wow" Hotch says.

"Hotch, could you not tell anyone about her?"

Hotch nods in understanding

~

21 years ago

Elizabeth had bought Emily back to the states for 6 months. She had got an emergency posting in New York.

They were currently at a gala, in the city. Emily needing a break had decided to take a walk out side. She feels a presence behind her, she starts to walk back towrds the hall. But a pair of hands grab her shoulder and she feels a small pinch. Then it all goes black.

~

It was months since Hotch had shown up at her door. He had kept her secret, but Emily could tell he had done the math and was dying to know the whole story.

The case was in Chicago, at the FBI field office where Emily used to work.

When theyre on the jet about to land, Morgan ask, "Prentiss, you used to work there right?"

"Yup, for 5 years" She says.

As they walk in through the front gate, they make thier way to the front desk. They would need security cards for the elevators. The front desk appeared empty, Hotch rang the bell but nothing happened.

Emily walked forward then asked, "Janet are you under the table?"

Suddenly a thumping like sound came followed by a "Oww"

A woman stood up, she had short black hair and was about 50. She was wearing a colourful yet professional dress. She reminded them of a older Garcia.

"Emily Prentiss" She walks out of the booth to hug Emily.

The team stand there, watching the scene unfold.

Emily reciprocates the hug, Janet lets go, with tears in her eyes and then looks at the BAU.

"you made it" she says, hugging Emily again. Emily whispers, "I did"

"Let me take you up stairs" Janet's says, Emily leans over the desk and grabs 6 key card, "Going to be needing these."

"Ohh right" Janet's say looking guilty.

As they wait for the elevator, Janet looks at Hotch and asks, "Your here about those poor girls arent you?"

"Yes we are" , Hotch says

When they get in the elevator, Emily speaks, "Jan what about the front desk?"

"Ohh remember Harmony the girl I was training?"

"The blonde one?" Emily asks

"She was just in the bathroom, I was covering for her anyway." Janet says as she steps out of the elevator.

"Somethings never change" Emily says staring at the room.

"Just wait until you see Tony" Janet jokes

As they walk to the conference room, there are several nods in Emily's direction when they see her.

"Wow princess, your popular" Derek says

"well it's not every day you see a 26 year old agent working with a 10 year old child. She managed to prove everyone wrong."