Prologue

1993
A cloudy day and the bell rings as kids start going home. A rainy day at that and one kid starts making his way home. Hood on, he starts walking the lonely streets of the town.

Walking through puddles until he finally makes it to a house in the middle of the woods, his home. Going through the side entrance, he takes the hood of his head and picks up a bag of powdered cocoa and eats it.

With the bag in hand he walks by the living room filled with animal heads mounted on the walls. Trophies perhaps, but the kid didn't care and started going to the basement, not without passing the cuckoo clock on the wall.

The TV in the basement is on, playing music but the kid doesn't pay attention to that. Instead he starts heading towards a tank, dumping another worm to the collection. His pet worms that he seems to admire a lot.

Camera in hand the kid decided to take a picture of his pet worms. click and the tanks meet with a flashing light. The Polaroid camera hums and the kid picks up the new picture and moves on to a mask he has on a table. Crouching down he takes another picture and is met with a flash of white which only lasts second.

The camera hums again and the kid takes the picture and sits on his chair, there's a desk in front of him filled with pencils and pens of all kind and in the middle a journal. He opens the journal and which contains writing, drawings and photographs of different people.

He reaches out to his jar of pens and picks one up. He starts writing and continues to write
and write
and write
Until the sun goes down and it gets pitch black outside. The kids almost done writing, when hears the door bell ring. He lets go of the pen and starts heading upstairs. He answers the front door, "hello?" And sees no one. So he walks out and scans the porch and the road, which leads back to town "Hello!?" He calls out again louder this time, still not hearing a response.

He walks back in and closes the door. About to ascend back downstairs when he hears the doorbell ring again. Now the kids startled and once again opens the front door to be greeted by nothing. He walks out, "Who's there?" He asks but no one answers, he keeps looking around and doesn't spot the door at the side of the house being left ajar.

Now frustrated the kid walks back in the house. His back turned to the door until the door slams shut by itself, startling him. He backs up and objects around the house start falling, the chandelier, being one of them causes glass to shatter, books start falling off bookshelves, lamps start falling as well. The lights start to flicker until they go out completely, leaving him in darkness.

Now scared he finds a candle and decides to light it. Holding it in front of him he walks, he starts looking around his house frantically. The cuckoo clock goes off and startles him before he opens the door to the basement and locks it. He hears something on the other side of the door, "Leave me alone!" He calls out "Stay away from me!" Something try's to open the door until a loud thud is heard.

This startles the boy and he goes tumbling down the stairs dropping the candle that's in his hand. The basement is soon consumed with bright orange and red and he try's his best to snuff it out, but to no avail. He starts coughing and continues to try, but the basements already being consumed by fire. Igniting everything in its path, the mask and jornal on the tables and the camera on the chair. At this point there's no escape so the boy screams in fear and in rage.

As the screams are heard outside of the home a big explosion takes place and as the fire reaches outside and into the air, smoke is seen and in it is what looks like a face. Glowing eyes and mouth,until it's gone.
___________________________________________

AN: Hey people welcome to the start of my goosebumps fanfic. I watched the show on Disney + a couple of days ago and I freaking loved it. And I fell for Lucas Parker cause he's just a lovable idiot.

So hope you liked the prologue, let me know what you guys think.
Ps: if there's any spelling errors let me know <3

🪦Readers beware your in for a scare🧟‍♀️