The Dad Stance

Night of the Living Dummy Part 2: Ep 9______________________________________

______________________________________

Bratt walks into the shop as the group leaves for Margot's house. Phone to his ear. "Mr. Bratt, it's Ann Macy at Scholarly Press. We received your manuscript. I was wondering if you had a minute to chat."

"Hello, Miss Macy, yes, of course."

"First of all, we love the direction you're taking with this new, new horror. It's so now. It's so cutting-edge." Bratt does a little celebration before calming down. "I'm... New horror is my forte, so that's good to hear." He fist pumps, "So my boss is very, very interested in this book." Bratt pumps his fist, "There's just one tiny thing."

"Uh-huh?" Bratt holds the phone closer to his ear, "It needs a new ending." Bratt thinks, "So...Sorry, you want me to write a whole new ending?"

"Not new, more. This book wants a satisfying finale that's unexpected but also digs deeper and explains the backstory of Snappy. You understand?" Bratt nods his head, understanding his new task. "Oh, okay, no problem."

"Honestly, Mr.Bratt, I'm so excited about this project. It's just one of those once-in-a-lifetime manuscripts to me, and if we get this right, this is so clearly a book series." Bratt gasped, holding his chest, "A series? Really? Thank you."

The lady thanks him back before Bratt gets back on topic. "Oh, sorry, just quickly, with regards to finances, specifically my finances."

Bratt chuckles, "Oh, once we get the new manuscript, that will be the next discussion." Bratt knocks his fist on the counter, "Next discussion. Great." He nods. "Looking forward to reading more."

"Okay. Well, I will... fire those off and..." He snaps his fingers, "...get 'em on over to you. Um... Thank you so much." The lady thanks him before the lines disconnect. Bratt turns to a man seated inside the Harbor Shop. "It's a call from New York City." The guy nods, "I think I just sold a series."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back at Margot's house, Margot is waiting for her friends. A bag in her hand as she talks to her father, "Well, whatever decision you make, I'm gonna support you." Margot nods, thanking her dad, "Even if it's the wrong one."

She groans, "Mm, there it is." They both chuckle chuckle before hearing a car horn honk.

"Road Trips!" The group yells as Margot and her dad walk over to them, "Okay, okay." Her dad chuckles. Margot sits in the back seat next to Lucas. "There they are, almost the whole gang, wow. Where's Cam?" Margot gives Lucas a quick kiss, causing Isaiah to turn back to her dad.