Live, Laugh, Love

Give Yourself Goosebumps Ep: 7________________________________________

________________________________________

"What?" Lucas held up the deer head, ready to hit Mr.Bratt if necessary. " I can explain as much as I know. So I... Okay, okay, so I was... I was here doing a crossword puzzle and just kicking it back, you know? And I see this thing, and it comes rushing at me, and it's this flannel and body odor, and before I knew it, I was stuck here, and that thing was me down there or wherever. Does that make sense?" He attempts to convince the teenagers that he is the real Bratt.

"Yeah, no. We're gonna need a little more than that before I put this thing down." The group agrees as they step closer, weapons ready. "Okay, okay, fair enough. I'll tell you. Everyone just,... chill, okay? Put the.. put the things down."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mateo sat in his office, contemplating a drink. He rummaged through his cabinet and found bourbon. He poured himself a glass, relaxing in his chair. HE closed his eyes and felt his phone buzz. "No puedo tener un momento de paz." He murmured to himself before taking out his phone. It was a message from Ben, telling Mat to meet him at the mines. He sighed and looked down, knowing why he'd be going there, "Mi día no podría ser peor." He downed what was left of the Burbon and left his home.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I can't believe that no one noticed you were possessed by a ghost. Like, no one." The group had calmed down, "Like a parent, like a friend. Someone you were dating."

"Nope."

"No one noticed you were gone, sir. Crazy..." Isaiah shook his head, turning to the group.

"Well... I mean, I'm in a bit of a transitional moment of my life right now, so..." Mr.Bratt explained to them,

"So you're like a loser?"

"No. No, Lucas. Not a loser, uh, it's hurtful, also, um, and very inaccurate. I don't wanna get into it with you guys 'cause you're my students and, it's not appropriate, but not a loser." He points at them, getting the point across. "Okay, how long have you been here?" Bratt thinks about it, "It's hard to say. Time is... kind of a blur. Um... It was the night of your injury." They all looked at each other, knowing that was a long time. "Hey, do you ever get hungry?"

"Lucas!"

"No, like I said, I've mostly just been preoccupied with really extreme existential dread. And of course, trying in vain to get out of this weird purgatory house, which... I'll save you the trouble... There is no exist." He scoffs and looks back at his students.

"There has to be a way out." Isaiah looked at him, confused, "Yeah. Yeah, that's what I thought when I first got here, Isaiah, but, um... sorry to be the bearer of bad news-- there's not."