In Your Blood

Night of the Living Dummy Ep:6________________________________

________________________________

Camilla was taken to a different place. She was outside someone's house. She watched as her father stepped out and sat by the stairs next to Sarah. "You know the party's inside right."
Sarah chuckled, bumping into him. "I thought Harold would come." She heard her father sigh, "Well, you told me, he told you it was possible he wouldn't show."

She watched Sarah shrug her shoulders, "Plus, I wouldn't blame him." Sara looked at him confused, "Our friend group tends to be... out there, to say the least." Her father and Sarah chuckled. "I mean, if I were him right now, I'd be chilling at home, eating some arapa con queso." Sarah laughed, looking at her father, "Thanks Mat. Come on, let's enjoy the party."

They got back up. Camilla watched as her father groaned and clutched his head, "You okay Mat?" Sarah held his arm, and Mateo shook his head a little. "Yeah, uh, I guess I got up too quickly." He chuckled, clearing his throat and turning to Sarah, "Come on, before they eat all the cake." Camilla watched as her father went back inside.

Before she knew it she was back at the school. She looked at her father and saw how pale and sick he looked. "Hey, Mat. You okay?" She saw Nora look at her father in concern, "Yeah, I just had the weirdest dream. I couldn't sleep afterward."
Nora looked at him confused, "I swear I saw this puppet thing and then I just woke up." Mateo turned, looking at Nora before chucking, "You think I'm weird now huh?" Nora shook her head, "No, we made a code remember? Weirdos stick together." Mateo laughed at that before nodding his head, "Come on, this project could mess us up if we miss it." They walked into the auditorium, seeing their group of friends.

"Finally. What took you so long?" Mateo shook his head at Ben, "Well, you know me, Ben, me gusta llegar tarde, besides we're not even up yet."
He sat down across from his friends. Most of the group had already gone. After Victoria and Eliza went it was Harold's turn. He was holding a dummy. Camilla looked over at her father as she watched him look at the doll in shock,

"Nora."
"Yeah, Mat."

"That was the puppet in my dreams." Mateo turned to Nora, who gave him a worried look. They looked at Harold and watched him perform with the dummy.

"Hello everybody. This is my friend Harold." Harold had given the dummy a squeaky voice.

"Hi, everybody."

Camilla watched as her dad looked around as if he was hearing something. Ben had cleared his throat, "You suck." Which caused the students to laugh and lead to Sarah shushing him.

"That's what your mom said." Camilla looked over to Harld and the puppet. All the students laughed. "I didn't say that. I... I can't get this thing off my arm. It's stuck."
She watched as Harold tried taking it off, "Try having it up your ass." The students kept laughing. "that's not my voice. This isn't funny." Cam looked at Harold confused. "I think we can all agree on that." The students were all laughing but Cam could see that this was freaking Harold out. "I'm not doing this." The dummy had decided to mock him. "If there was any justice, they'd let me walk around and put him in a case forever."
While everyone clapped, Mateo heard a ringing that was messing with his head. Camilla turned around when she heard someone calling her father's name, "Wait. Mat, where are you going." Her father looked ill, "I'm not feeling too good, I have to go." Camilla ran after her father watching him go outside.

Cam watched as her father sat down on the bleacher outside. He was clutching his head, "What's happening to me." He mumbled before he passed out. Cam reached out to help her father but everything around her turned into fog. She turned around to look at Amelia, "What happened to him? Why did he pass out."

"Relájate, Camila. Tu padre estaba bien. Después de unos minutos, se había despertado. He was okay." She turns around and spots Esmeralda. "What's going on?" She watches as Amelia and Esmeralda greet each other with a nod before they turn to her, "I had hoped the magician would have stopped this but I was wrong. It turns out that even in family the dummy seems to have a connection."

Camilla looked at them confused, "Can someone please explain to me what the hell is going on?" Annoyed with the narration she looked at them. "What do you know about the name Castrero?" Camilla scoffed, "Not a lot. It's uh, it's a name." Amelia nodded her head, "A family name." Camilla shook her head, "Yeah I got that much. So what--"

"So what?" Esmeralda looked shocked. "It's in your blood, mija. You have no idea how powerful that makes you." Cam had enough, "Again with being so cryptic. What I am is a girl trying to protect her friends! Whatever the hell you're talking about makes zero sense to me!"
Esmeralda looked at Amelia, "¿Estamos seguras de que ella está lista?" Amelia nodded her head, "We weren't sure about you, and look what happened." Esmeralda looked at Camilla sighing, before she turned around and disappeared into the fog. "Cam, we are just trying to prepare you."

"Prepare me for what?"

She turned back to Amelia only for her to be gone. The setting around her changed and she was back in the hallway. Her father looked better now, less pale but more cautious of the things around him. He was sat at a table with all his friends, Harold telling a joke that made them laugh.
The bell rang and Mateo was waiting for Nora, they both had the same class. "So what happened to you yesterday?" Mateo looked at Nora, "I uh, I passed out, woke up, and went home." Mateo shrugged not finding it a big deal while Nora looked at him worried, "You passed out!?" He chuckled, "Look, I'm okay. I mean except for this annoying ringing I kept hearing, I just went home and slept." Nora sighed and shook her head, "You get weirder and weirder."

The setting around her changed again and Nora and Mateo were walking in the halls before they heard someone talking. Nora opened the door to the classroom and Camilla could see what was inside. The dummy was alive, it was talking to Harold. Mateo freaked out and closed the door.
Camilla turned back to the doll, "There's something different about that girl." The dummy turned to Harold, "Be careful around that boy before he ruins it all." Camilla watched as Nora and Mateo went to warn the rest of their friends.

"Nora! What's up?"
"Harold's doll. I heard it talk."
"It's a ventriloquist dummy. That's what it's supposed to do."

"No, no, Sarah. I heard it talk on its own, okay? Like it was alive." Nora was freaking out, "It's okay. Just take a deep breath. It's just a doll." Camilla watched as her father furrowed his eyebrows in pain. "No! I know what I heard. I'm not crazy. There's something about it. Okay? There's something evil about it. I don't know how to explain it." Camilla looked over to her father to see him holding his head.

"What was happening to you, papá?"
_______________

An: I feel like I'm ending these chapters really short for some reason.
I tried putting a gif but that went sideways 🫠
⭐️
Regardless I hope you enjoyed :P