Dreams and Silhouettes

________________________

Mateo walks into the house with all of the other adults, seeing Isabella covered in goop.  "What is going on?" Eliza looks around the room seeing slime everywhere, "Isabella, what happened?" Mateo's behind all of them looking around the room. Seeing the slime he furrows his eyebrows, "It's James! He exploded!"

Mateo hears a ringing sound but it's distant, "I what?" They all look over to see James, where the slime is. Isabella looks confused and scared, "No--No, what's going on? Don't look at me like that. James explodes, I swear. Don't you see the slime?" 'James' decides to jump in, "Practical joke gone wrong. The old sack of slime gag is hit or miss." Isabella jumps in saying he's lying, to which 'James' lets know that they'll clean this up. He goes to move towards her which makes Isabella grab the pool cue using it as a weapon. "Isabella! What has gotten into you?"

She shakes her head looking at the adults, "I don't know who that is, but it's not James." Mateo looks over at 'James' squinting his eyes and hearing a ringing but only for a second. He walks over to Isabella calmly, "sweetie. hey Isabella. It's okay." He steps in front of her hiding her face and staring at her, "It's alright. Give me the pool cue." She looks at him and sees that he's nodding his head, as if a way to say everything's gonna be okay.
She furrows her eyebrows at him, trusting him she gives him the pool cue. She still looks scared and Mateo's about to say something, when Victoria grabs her arm, "Let go, Isabella. Eliza, I am so sorry." Mateo look back making eye contact with Isabella and nods his head, they walk out leaving the other adults there. Mateo looks over at Ben and Eliza, "I have to get back, make sure Cams okay." And with that he leaves Ben and Eliza.

By the time Mateo gets home Cam's already up and doing some homework in her room. "Hey dad. You okay?" She looks at her father a small smile on her face, "You sure" Cause you just stormed in and have a crease on your head." He smiles at his daughter "Yeah I'm fine Cam, just have a little headache that's all."

Cam looks at her father surprised before getting up, "You too? Maybe we're sick, I've been having headaches for a couple of days now. And nothing seems to keep it away." She looks at her father and see's that he has a worried expression on his face, "Have you been experiencing anything else? Anything at all." Cam gives him a confused laugh, "Like what?" She looks at her father a little worried, "Anything. Anything at all."
She furrows her eyebrows thinking, "Uh, I've been- I've been hearing this like ringing now and then." Her father sighs and looks down at his shoes, "Do you- Do you hear the ringing right now?" She listens and hears a slight ringing. it's faint but it's there, so she nods her head at him. Mateo looks at his daughter knowing this isn't good but stays calm, "You're probably right, we could be sick but it should pass with a good night's sleep. Do your homework and then come downstairs to eat." He leaves her room and goes back downstairs.

Cam's left confused but focuses back on her homework. By the time she's done her phone buzzes getting a message on her phone.

Margot
Hey, we need to talk about what happened yesterday. Meet us at my place tomorrow?"

Yeah definitely. I'll see you guys tomorrow.

She puts her phone on the desk and heads downstairs to eat. Once she's done she goes back upstairs and the ringing she's hearing hasn't gone away. She decides that maybe sleep will help and goes to bed. She starts dreaming.

She's standing in what looks like a dark forest. Fog everywhere, trees that seem to block out any sign of light. "Hello?"

No one answers, but she feels a presence near her. "I know there's someone there!" She turns around and sees that it's James. She looks at him confused, "James? What are you doing here?" He doesn't answer, she starts hearing a clock chiming around her, "James?" As she puts a hand on his shoulder he explodes and slime goes everywhere.

She goes to scream but can't, she looks around heavy breathing and looks around until she sees someone standing far away enough that she can only see a silhouette of them. "Hello?" she gets no reply, "What's going on! Where am I!"  the silhouette tilts its head, "your friend." It points to the slime that once was James, "he's in danger, find him. Find the real him. Stop this mess once again Castrero. Stop him."

That's the last thing she hears, when she wakes up. She wakes up with a gasp and looks around her room. She's sweating again and her breathing is everywhere. She gets up and goes to her bathroom. Splashing some water on her face calms her down, she brushes her teeth and sees that it's 7:30 already.
Going to her closet she gets what she needs and heads back to the bathroom. Once she's done she heads downstairs to see that her dad's already left. She takes an apple and puts it in her bag heading to Margot's house, to talk about what happened at the harbor shop.